King Hulk Premium format figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with both you and JAWS, but it might not have been physically possible. It all depends on how heavy that shield and shield arm are on GHulk as they might have to be permanently attached to the statue. Now I am not saying they couldn't have changed the shield to a mase to reduce the weight to make switchout parts doable, just giving a possible design issue. Now I think SSC went for the cash on this one, better to sell two $600 statues than one for $800, but they are a business that realizes Hulk sells.

Yup, one sculpt and possibly ES of 12.000 for same sculpt basically. Easy money for SS.

I agree with both you and JAWS, but it might not have been physically possible. It all depends on how heavy that shield and shield arm are on GHulk as they might have to be permanently attached to the statue. Now I am not saying they couldn't have changed the shield to a mase to reduce the weight to make switchout parts doable, just giving a possible design issue. Now I think SSC went for the cash on this one, better to sell two $600 statues than one for $800, but they are a business that realizes Hulk sells.

I agree with you spidey. It's true and they are a business. But in the future I hope they don't lose buyers doing things like this. It may not matter now but with rising prices and more similar repaints, and similar molds it can take a toll on collectors.

I agree with you spidey. It's true and they are a business. But in the future I hope they don't lose buyers doing things like this.

Not a chance. So long as these sell, SSC will keep making them. I just have learned to appreciate it when SSC does miss the mark like they did on the overall ES on an AWESOME piece like the Apocalypse PF. Obviously, SSC could have sold many more Apoc PFs based off the rising aftermarket prices. It feels like the good old days of SSC. Just watching a statue rise so fast in the aftermarket after release. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

All that said, SSC will continue to make variants as long as they sell. I forget CBG...which one of these did you pick up? K or G Hulk?

Don't know why with variants (not this one, obviously) SSC doesn't at least do a reverse image. You'd think with sculpts like the three Hulk PF, Ivy or Deadpool you can have mirror images. That would make it a little different.

Don't know why with variants (not this one, obviously) SSC doesn't at least do a reverse image. You'd think with sculpts like the three Hulk PF, Ivy or Deadpool you can have mirror images. That would make it a little different.
Would take a whole new sculpt.

Would take a whole new sculpt.

With 3D modeling, you can easily scan it in, reverse the image digitally and print out a new sculpt with 3D printer to produce a new mold. Oversimplifying, perhaps, but seems reasonable to think that's doable.

I'm sure they old-school hand sculpt the master, which I can respect. But if they issue variants, they are already taking "short cuts" and can't take the artist integrity moral high ground anymore.... So why not digitize the master and make it a little bit unique.

No offense intended to all the artists on this board.

Not a chance. So long as these sell, SSC will keep making them. I just have learned to appreciate it when SSC does miss the mark like they did on the overall ES on an AWESOME piece like the Apocalypse PF. Obviously, SSC could have sold many more Apoc PFs based off the rising aftermarket prices. It feels like the good old days of SSC. Just watching a statue rise so fast in the aftermarket after release. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

All that said, SSC will continue to make variants as long as they sell. I forget CBG...which one of these did you pick up? K or G Hulk?

I'm thinking about picking up gladiator hulk. Just waiting for a coupon deal or a deal when these is near sell out or WL. King hulk pass unless I see it in person and it's shocking well done compared to GH. As for apoc maybe a black variant will be needed to help with demand?

I'm thinking about picking up gladiator hulk. Just waiting for a coupon deal or a deal when these is near sell out or WL. King hulk pass unless I see it in person and it's shocking well done compared to GH. As for apoc maybe a black variant will be needed to help with demand?

Sorry, you are out of luck. There is no black variant Apocalypse costume.

Man, the more I look at this, the more I want it. Silly student budget, though… I'd have to sell half my Hot Toys (which includes Hulk, ironically enough) to afford it. :lol

Man, the more I look at this, the more I want it. Silly student budget, though… I'd have to sell half my Hot Toys (which includes Hulk, ironically enough) to afford it. :lol

Lol. Same student budget here. But I'd sell those hot toys in a minute!

Back