Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused. Is that the Lager BD or the King Arts BD one?

I take it Lager, but I thought you had the KA BD one coming?

ToyCrypts pictures are of the BD Lager shield in the Lager thread. This is why we shouldn't cross the streams in these shield threads :lol

I agree because I'm lost. :lol

So just for curiosity's sake, did ANYONE order the battle damaged KAs one?

Good question! I bet the BD shield is going to come out better than anyone anticipated and it will be the one that goes for big money in the aftermarket.

Well I'm not good at doing videos and just finally figured out how to upload a video to Youtube today :slap

Just got the chance to unbox the King Arts shield. This package is heavy and bulky. And yes, you need an SUV to transport this box :lol

I like the pedestal version stand. I think the stand is made of metal too. It's pretty solid.

I do also have a bit of the slight blotchy issue especially in the silver ring area, where it's the most prominent due to being a lighter colour and easier to see. In the red areas, it is not as noticeable. But again, it is only under certain angles of light. It isn't too bad but it is indeed there. I wouldn't use any products to try buffing out the blotches. I have a feeling the blotchiness was caused by uneven application of the clearcoating after the original coloured paint applications.

I still haven't unscrewed the 4 screws off to set the shield free from the stand. Still debating where to display it.

Here are a few shots I took this afternoon from a point and shoot camera under natural window lighting. It is resting on my Captain America blanket that I had bought off ebay :lol. The red and blue colour differences between both shields is very slight and just marginally darker on the King Arts, but really not by much. It is actually closer than I had anticipated. The EFX red does seem to have a slight orange tint to it as compared to the King Arts red.

11szajn.jpg

ka4jf7.jpg

f37tiu.jpg

The back side of the King Arts shield:
11jaix3.jpg

The back of the EFX shield:
23m56d3.jpg

The leather straps on the EFX shield is very thick, lush, and soft to the touch. On the King Arts shield, the straps feels like it is of cheaper man-made leather.

Here is my short video of the sound difference between the 2 shields. Taken with my Samsung Note 3 camera phone.

I think each shield has its pros and cons.

The EFX fiberglass shield being an on-screen prop replica has the size and accuracy and nicer leather straps. Though the feel of it is not going to feel metallic as it is NOT metallic, which is why Chris Evans was mostly using it for majority of the filming because it doesn't dent as easily and also because of the lighter weight for carrying it around.

The King Arts metal shield feels quite the heft because it IS metallic. You wouldn't want to carry this shield around Comicon all day long unless you want your shoulder to be dislocated. The visual of this shield is very nice. The detailing in the star is more prominent. Colours are rich and vibrant with some clearcoat shine to it. So light bounces off it nicely. The metal display stand is really nice and hefty also. The only drawbacks are the slight blotching in random areas seen only in certain angles and lighting, and the cheaper man-made leather straps. Otherwise, this is a really nice shield.

To be honest, I think both shields will appeal to the enthusiasts as both are well made for a decent price point. If you are going to pay crazy ebay prices such as $1500 and upwards, then you will probably want a shield that is completely perfect. Nevertheless, these shields are pretty nice 1:1 scale props and I am happy to have both of them. Each with their own distinct features.

If I was good at doing video reviews and editing videos, I would probably do an extensive video review. But I only learned how to upload a video clip today. Complete novice :lol. I'm sure there will be others who can post some video reviews of their thoughts.

I'm guessing the Lager shield is also up there in quality as well.

Nice shield. Loved the knock video. If you get around to it please post some pics of the side of the shields. I wanna see the thickness of them.

Very nice Toysforlife; congratulations!

Great snapshot review of both shields as well. Ironically the EFX looks more like spun aluminum in those shots and the KA looks more solid with more exacting details.

Did you get the KA from BBTS and if so what did they (or your retailer) charge you for shipping to Vancouver? That is my biggest worry as the quote for mine to Alberta was almost as much as the shield!

Huge congrats on yours as well Frobay but we will discuss that in the usual spot :p

Well I'm not good at doing videos and just finally figured out how to upload a video to Youtube today :slap

Just got the chance to unbox the King Arts shield. This package is heavy and bulky. And yes, you need an SUV to transport this box :lol

I like the pedestal version stand. I think the stand is made of metal too. It's pretty solid.

I do also have a bit of the slight blotchy issue especially in the silver ring area, where it's the most prominent due to being a lighter colour and easier to see. In the red areas, it is not as noticeable. But again, it is only under certain angles of light. It isn't too bad but it is indeed there. I wouldn't use any products to try buffing out the blotches. I have a feeling the blotchiness was caused by uneven application of the clearcoating after the original coloured paint applications.

I still haven't unscrewed the 4 screws off to set the shield free from the stand. Still debating where to display it.

Here are a few shots I took this afternoon from a point and shoot camera under natural window lighting. It is resting on my Captain America blanket that I had bought off ebay :lol. The red and blue colour differences between both shields is very slight and just marginally darker on the King Arts, but really not by much. It is actually closer than I had anticipated. The EFX red does seem to have a slight orange tint to it as compared to the King Arts red.

11szajn.jpg

ka4jf7.jpg

f37tiu.jpg

The back side of the King Arts shield:
11jaix3.jpg

The back of the EFX shield:
23m56d3.jpg

The leather straps on the EFX shield is very thick, lush, and soft to the touch. On the King Arts shield, the straps feels like it is of cheaper man-made leather.

Here is my short video of the sound difference between the 2 shields. Taken with my Samsung Note 3 camera phone.

I think each shield has its pros and cons.

The EFX fiberglass shield being an on-screen prop replica has the size and accuracy and nicer leather straps. Though the feel of it is not going to feel metallic as it is NOT metallic, which is why Chris Evans was mostly using it for majority of the filming because it doesn't dent as easily and also because of the lighter weight for carrying it around.

The King Arts metal shield feels quite the heft because it IS metallic. You wouldn't want to carry this shield around Comicon all day long unless you want your shoulder to be dislocated. The visual of this shield is very nice. The detailing in the star is more prominent. Colours are rich and vibrant with some clearcoat shine to it. So light bounces off it nicely. The metal display stand is really nice and hefty also. The only drawbacks are the slight blotching in random areas seen only in certain angles and lighting, and the cheaper man-made leather straps. Otherwise, this is a really nice shield.

To be honest, I think both shields will appeal to the enthusiasts as both are well made for a decent price point. If you are going to pay crazy ebay prices such as $1500 and upwards, then you will probably want a shield that is completely perfect. Nevertheless, these shields are pretty nice 1:1 scale props and I am happy to have both of them. Each with their own distinct features.

If I was good at doing video reviews and editing videos, I would probably do an extensive video review. But I only learned how to upload a video clip today. Complete novice :lol. I'm sure there will be others who can post some video reviews of their thoughts.

I'm guessing the Lager shield is also up there in quality as well.

Thanks for the comparison, mate :duff:

Nice shield. Loved the knock video. If you get around to it please post some pics of the side of the shields. I wanna see the thickness of them.

I'll try to take these pics tomorrow.

Very nice Toysforlife; congratulations!

Great snapshot review of both shields as well. Ironically the EFX looks more like spun aluminum in those shots and the KA looks more solid with more exacting details.

Did you get the KA from BBTS and if so what did they (or your retailer) charge you for shipping to Vancouver? That is my biggest worry as the quote for mine to Alberta was almost as much as the shield!

Huge congrats on yours as well Frobay but we will discuss that in the usual spot :p

Thanks Matches. I did get mine from BBTS. But I got it shipped to Point Roberts, WA. So therefore, it was still domestic shipping rates. And it was easy for me to hop across the border to pick it up. Pay the taxes at Customs. But I would imagine international shipping costs starts to go crazy with this much shipping weight. And it depends on how far into Alberta it will need to travel. Your shipping quote probably also includes brokerage fees and duty I assume. But if the shipping cost was the same as the shield itself, yikes! :horror

And congrats to Frobay for this landing safely as well.

Thanks for the comparison, mate :duff:

No worries DW. I saw your posts several times and I felt bad for not doing this review sooner. But I also needed to find out how to take and post videos before updating this thread and trying to get as much ground and facts covered. Anyways, that was my first comparo review and video attempt. I still have a lot to learn. Some of the guys being comfortable and experienced and posting detailed informative reviews with great editing skills. I hope to be able to get that level one day. Cheers.

No worries DW. I saw your posts several times and I felt bad for not doing this review sooner. But I also needed to find out how to take and post videos before updating this thread and trying to get as much ground and facts covered. Anyways, that was my first comparo review and video attempt. I still have a lot to learn. Some of the guys being comfortable and experienced and posting detailed informative reviews with great editing skills. I hope to be able to get that level one day. Cheers.

It was informative and straight to the point which is most important. All that editing and flashy stuff I don't really care much for, that'll come in time and will bring out your creative side but a review is a review in the end. Anyways, great job and keep it up! Out of those two shields, which one would you prefer, or do you feel has the slight edge over the other in your humble opinion?

I have both the regular and the BD shield coming. I really want to see how KA finishes the BD shield. Of all the looks, that beat to crap one just really appeals to me. I enjoy highly weathered items for realism though so that is probably why. I might just cancel the BD, get some sandpaper and blackwash and go apenuts on the regular if the finish does not look that pleasing. Some careful sanding and layering should be able to get the shield to the right level of damage starting with the clean version.:lol

New to this but where are people getting the KA shields or even Lager type props in the States?

New to this but where are people getting the KA shields or even Lager type props in the States?

A few retailers that I know of, BBTS and Midtown Comics. The former is sold out. MT Comics have it still available but the price is pretty steep, IMO.

Lager is from Japan, no US retailers. I have a Lager BD shield for sale if your interested. KA is just eBay now sold out at most retailers.
91a838cf-9fc5-4c73-b5d2-208ab4abce34_zpspxmyttav.jpg

There I go crossing the streams again....lol.

Back