Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting pics JKAII!!!

Looks awesome!

Eagerly awaiting my wall mounted one now.

BTW the wall mounted one comes with an AC plug right?

I got my King Arts pedestal version today. And gotta say it pretty nice, but I do seem to have A lot of that coating issues (Looks like it was splashed on). I wonder if there is a way to fix this. Beside that and the leather straps looking and feeling very cheap (but this dont matter much to me since I wont be carrying it everywhere, just mostly for display) its a nice heavy shield.

I got my King Arts pedestal version today. And gotta say it pretty nice, but I do seem to have A lot of that coating issues (Looks like it was splashed on). I wonder if there is a way to fix this. Beside that and the leather straps looking and feeling very cheap (but this dont matter much to me since I wont be carrying it everywhere, just mostly for display) its a nice heavy shield.

If you get the time would you mind posting some photos? We would greatly appreciate it! Mine is coming soon :D

"Maybe" a soft automotive buffer or wax..... Totally just a shot in the dark on my part though

It looks nice, what's the edition of these made?

there is no edition size

Are you sure there's no ES? I really reading it a long time ago that they did have an ES. Unless something changed, they definitely talked about 'limiting' who got what, etc. etc. (Which to me sounded like an ES.) I could be wrong, but I know I read something. Obviously, they didn't label the pieces though.

Ugh...my shield is still stuck at the BBTS warehouse.

WHY YOU NO SHIP!?!?
y-u-no-guy.jpg

If you get the time would you mind posting some photos? We would greatly appreciate it! Mine is coming soon :D

NP Man, still trying to find a permanent place to disply it, but here some pics:
King Arts Captain America Shield1.jpg

King Arts Captain America Shield2.jpg

And in this last one I try to capture the defect with the finish, but it is hard to capture it:

King Arts Captain America Shield3.jpg

NP Man, still trying to find a permanent place to disply it, but here some pics:

And in this last one I try to capture the defect with the finish, but it is hard to capture it:

]

Oh man thanks! This looks great! Can't wait to get mine. I can't even see any blemish on your shield.

Oh man thanks! This looks great! Can't wait to get mine. I can't even see any blemish on your shield.

I can see the defects in the silver and red. You have to be good at nitpicking to find them lol. I think this is a very good shield, if it can be had for $700, which prolly won't be the case unless a boardie sells one, I think it's a good price. I wouldn't pay more than that for this one though. The finish should be perfect when we are just dealing with a few colors. I don't think I've seen one without blemishes in the finish.

I can see the defects in the silver and red. You have to be good at nitpicking to find them lol. I think this is a very good shield, if it can be had for $700, which prolly won't be the case unless a boardie sells one, I think it's a good price. I wouldn't pay more than that for this one though. The finish should be perfect when we are just dealing with a few colors. I don't think I've seen one without blemishes in the finish.

Look at how/where the light bends as it hits the shield and that will (I think) indicate where the paint/finish blemishes are.

Yeah, the coating defects are hard to photograph, because the shine of the light kinda hides it, and if you photograph with no light on, its hard for the camera to take a clear picture. Unfortunately its more noticeable in hand from 2 to 3 feet away, from a distance not that noticeable.
I look into that automotive buff thing you mention Matches malone, but Im not to familiar with how that works and am worried about ruining the finish even more.

Pretty much. This is a very, very good shield. Having said that the finish on it really holds it back from taking the crown. The paint color and application are very good but are not as pleasing to the eye as they should be (a little off color and a few rough spots). Having said that the clear coat is what kills this piece for me. It is too thick, accents paint blemishes or rough spots within itself and ultimately kills the "spun aluminum" look of the shield.

I have some decisions to make as the shipping and taxes in getting this one home are significant. Still a gorgeous piece, but, in hand, it doesn't appear to look anything like what I P.O.'d last year.

Back