Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to cancel my KA order to get BBTS credit towards the EFX shield. Is there any last selling points to keep the KA shield? I really like that metal sound to it and the display stand, but I don't think I could order both shields and sell one later, I'm not really a reseller and I don't want to risk running into a transaction issue and deplete my funds completely for both. I want to get it signed by Stan Lee since he was an early writer on it (Simon and Kirby autographs are unfortunately not possible) and someone said there may be an issue signing the metal shield? Does permanent sharpie not stay on metal? The carry-on bag is also helpful but I wish it also came with a display stand instead of that wall mount, which I cannot use.

IMO I think EFX quality is better despite it not being metal. It is also limited edition of 1500 whereas KA has unlimited runs of these (value goes down)

IMO I think EFX quality is better despite it not being metal. It is also limited edition of 1500 whereas KA has unlimited runs of these (value goes down)
Who said unlimited run? There was clearly a production run on the promo in the summer. Granted, not in English, but it gave a number and we had a loose translation.

I know what you mean about the potential hassles of reselling. I haven't sold anything before because I fear the hearing about horror stories and that some buyers trying to rip sellers off.

The King Arts pedestal is a really nice display stand. So it is great for displaying. Although, mine is currently sitting on the floor right now. But it gets dusty. So I have to wipe the shield down with a soft cloth often.

Coincidentally, my EFX shield is also sitting on the floor but is stored in the carrying case and leaning against the wall. I too find the EFX wall hanger is a little lacking in excitement. That's why for now my EFX shield is being stored in the carrying case like a musical instrument :lol I like the carrying case more than the wall mount. And being in the carrying case protects it from dust accumulation.

Would you have the shield signed on the front or back? I would think a sharpie would be fine to be signed on any surface. Probably would take just a little longer to dry on metal though. So be careful with that to not get the signature smudged if the ink is still a bit wet. It would be cool to get it signed by Stan Lee that's for sure.

Haha nice. Have you unscrewed the shield from the pedestal yet? I wish I could have the best of both worlds, I like the darker red of the KA over the orange-red as well too, but the EFX paint job looks superior. I was thinking the star in the middle so that I could display the front of the shield whilst displaying the autograph as well.

I'm about to cancel my KA order to get BBTS credit towards the EFX shield. Is there any last selling points to keep the KA shield? I really like that metal sound to it and the display stand, but I don't think I could order both shields and sell one later, I'm not really a reseller and I don't want to risk running into a transaction issue and deplete my funds completely for both. I want to get it signed by Stan Lee since he was an early writer on it (Simon and Kirby autographs are unfortunately not possible) and someone said there may be an issue signing the metal shield? Does permanent sharpie not stay on metal? The carry-on bag is also helpful but I wish it also came with a display stand instead of that wall mount, which I cannot use.

Use a paint pen for metal. You can also spray a light clear coat over the autograph with the paint pen. It will go nowhere and stay fresh as the day he signs it.

Who said unlimited run? There was clearly a production run on the promo in the summer. Granted, not in English, but it gave a number and we had a loose translation.

I'm glad someone remembers. :lol I mentioned that earlier. Glad I'm not crazy.

Really? Unless the associates at the KA store in HK told me differently, he said that you can order as many as you like--"not limited"

it's crazy how many of these are on ebay. Did they say how long they were going to be making these? It sounds like they will keep making them, but US peeps can't get them at good prices anymore. The Lager version is unlimited too right?

I saw that too. :lol I wonder if it's the cancellations from their site. Or maybe they can't put up the pre-order page again? :dunno:

If only the metallic finish/paint app from the prototype pictures was what you get....

$_12.JPG

versus

$_12.JPG

yea, if the paint finish was flawless, I would say $700 is a fair price, but I haven't seen that, not to mention, ppl in the US can't get one for under $900 anymore. I emailed bbts about those auctions.

Really? Unless the associates at the KA store in HK told me differently, he said that you can order as many as you like--"not limited"

Without a number on the edition size it will be hard to tell. I remember when it first came out and the talk was making around 500 of each shield worldwide and limiting the run to 3000 6 types /500 each. This is straight from their website. It obviously doesn't have a ROW number in there, but these are much more limited by edition type than people are thinking. If these dry up and they are selling for crazy amounts, then you will know they are pretty scarce and in low production numbers.

king-arts.com

Pre-order information

Price: HKD 4200/ set

Pre-order Price: HKD 3990/set

VIP Pre-order Price: HKD3780/set

Order Limited Quantity Reference:

HK and Macau: 100sets for each item

Taiwan: 100sets for each item

China Mainland: 100sets for each item

Without a number on the edition size it will be hard to tell. I remember when it first came out and the talk was making around 500 of each shield worldwide and limiting the run to 3000 6 types /500 each. This is straight from their website. It obviously doesn't have a ROW number in there, but these are much more limited by edition type than people are thinking. If these dry up and they are selling for crazy amounts, then you will know they are pretty scarce and in low production numbers.

king-arts.com

Pre-order information

Price: HKD 4200/ set

Pre-order Price: HKD 3990/set

VIP Pre-order Price: HKD3780/set

Order Limited Quantity Reference:

HK and Macau: 100sets for each item

Taiwan: 100sets for each item

China Mainland: 100sets for each item
Thank you for posting this and validating Chapter and I. [emoji1]

More like 300 on the low end and a high end of 500 for each type. So anywhere from 1800-3000 shields in total worldwide.

Sorry boys and girls, but KA items will NOT be limited unless they start numbering them, regardless of what they stated. Typical of China manufacturer/sellers, they want to milk whatever they can, so unless you see items with edition numbers, they will crank them out for as long as people want them.
SO if demand dries up, then maybe they will stop making them, but in the metal shield world, they are not the only player.....the exclusivity goes to the EFX version for ultimate value appreciation, truly limited, quality materials and screen accurate, most are already accounted for, just need to get all of them into the hands of collectors for the price to rise.

The "MARVEL" logo on the KA shields looks sus too, no counting the pedestal plate. Is that the official MARVEL trademark like what is on the EFX wall mount?

Well I own the EFX shield and it is sitting back in the shipping box. I also now own the King arts. EFX shield may be screen accurate, but it looks like crap up close. The star is terrible in hand and the red is very orange. Another thing that is urking me with the Efx is the curve of the shield as it has a bulbous curve laying flat out to the center (like a UFO flying saucer) and the KA has more of a sleeker arch on the face. As for quality materials that is debatable considering that the EFX its made from the stuff that is prominently used to make......... bathtubs. :lol

I do not think you have a big understanding about King Arts and I would suggest to study up on the type of company they are. As shown in several videos on their 1/9 products and the other 1/1 products that are releasing is very high quality. It seems there are one or two people wanting to champion the EFX loudly in these threads, but the bottom line for me is what the shield looks like. It is not edition sizes and not the screen accuracy if it means I have to look at a orange-tinge red all the time. The shield I am going to have in my office that I will be staring at needs to visually look great up close and far away. The EFX is in my basement, and this one is sitting on my desk getting the glares beside me right now. :)

EC6B3BC6-5147-4A92-AFDD-BDD7D35D3DC1_zpsqdmzvbq8.jpg

Edit:
I need to get that EFX shield off of the wife's treadmill, going to get slapped for blocking it off.:rotfl

0CCE8776-6F1A-4148-A98A-D091F3BFB13D_zpssaruzmzc.jpg

You're right, I'm not really familiar with 1:1 scale collectibles at all, or the brands, hence my asking of opinions here. I jumped on the KA pre-order when I heard the EFX was sold out, but I was fortunate to get a pre-order of that just in case. Do you have pictures of yours? It sucks that there are components of each that bother me. The orange-red, lack of a pedestal display option, and the up-close look of the star for the EFX, and the paint app of the KA compared to the EFX is the only real thing that bugs me on that, it just seems to look like the 1/6 die cast shields as seen below which looks glossy like a fiberglass bathtub, even though it's made of metal, but maybe I haven't seen really good photos of it yet under white light? :dunno As a collector, I just want a shield that looks great and authentic, I can take to conventions or movie premieres, and hopefully one day soon get autographed by Mr. Stan Lee himself. Other than that, and some geeky fanboy moments every now and then, it will be on proud display, hopefully in a BESTA where it won't collect dust. My pre-order for the KA shield has been paid for and is sitting in my pile of loot but I was going to cancel for the EFX but now I'm confused and not sure again. :lol

$_57.JPG

ka4jf7.jpg

You're right, I'm not really familiar with 1:1 scale collectibles at all, or the brands, hence my asking of opinions here. I jumped on the KA pre-order when I heard the EFX was sold out, but I was fortunate to get a pre-order of that just in case. Do you have pictures of yours? It sucks that there are components of each that bother me. The orange-red, lack of a pedestal display option, and the up-close look of the star for the EFX, and the paint app of the KA compared to the EFX is the only real thing that bugs me on that, it just seems to look like the 1/6 die cast shields as seen below which looks glossy like a fiberglass bathtub, even though it's made of metal, but maybe I haven't seen really good photos of it yet under white light? :dunno As a collector, I just want a shield that looks great and authentic, I can take to conventions or movie premieres, and hopefully one day soon get autographed by Mr. Stan Lee himself. Other than that, and some geeky fanboy moments every now and then, it will be on proud display, hopefully in a BESTA where it won't collect dust. My pre-order for the KA shield has been paid for and is sitting in my pile of loot but I was going to cancel for the EFX but now I'm confused and not sure again. :lol

Oh I wasn't saying that directly at you DW, I know you are looking for the shield that best fits what you are looking for. I am just trying to balance out the opinions and not just let a person who just has and likes the EFX to sway people away from a product that may infact be a better fit for them.

Sorry if you took it like that:hi5:

Oh haha, not at all. I welcome all opinions, especially of KA owners, since there are not that many as it was only shipped out recently compared to the EFX. Do you have pics of yours? Does the paint app compared to the EFX bother you at all?

Back