Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the darker KA colors may have been inspired by this shot:
captain-america-winter-soldier-1.jpg

However, that could just be the lighting, as here the shield has brighter colors:
Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Anthony-Mackie-Chris-Evans.jpg

So maybe KA was just basing the color from the movie rather than the actual prop, probably the case as there's enough differences between the KA shield and movie shield to suggest KA didn't have the actual prop to make molds from. Having said that, they still didn't match the blue right from the 1st screen grab above :lol Certainly enough out there for emotional justification to keep your PO for this shield :wink1:

I think the darker KA colors may have been inspired by this shot:
captain-america-winter-soldier-1.jpg

However, that could just be the lighting, as here the shield has brighter colors:
Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Anthony-Mackie-Chris-Evans.jpg

So maybe KA was just basing the color from the movie rather than the actual prop, probably the case as there's enough differences between the KA shield and movie shield to suggest KA didn't have the actual prop to make molds from. Having said that, they still didn't match the blue right from the 1st screen grab above :lol Certainly enough out there for emotional justification to keep your PO for this shield :wink1:

Having said that the shield doesn't look accurate to either of those examples....

It is a fine looking captain America shield; it just does not accurately reflect the shield as seen in any of his four on the screen appearances IMHO.

oh boy...a little disappointed.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but now I think what bothers me is that in the prototype, you can see a little bit of the spun metal look.
In these pics I don't see it that much...ie looks kinda flat. Might be the pics?

And yeah the blue does seem off... seems like the black lines are a little overstated too.

Hope to see more pics so I can decide if I want to cancel or not. I'd hate to have to ship this back to BBTS.

20140617135907_30169.jpg

32A00882-36D6-494B-92BB-DEBB65EA4947_zpszegvqkkr.png

It does look flat and the colors are significantly darker than that solicitation picture

Just by those pics, the KA shield does not look good. As Matches pointed out, the paint looks flat and solid without showing any texture of the shield and the colors are really dark.

Hopefully in hand the shield will pop like it does in their promo pic.

It looks decent. I'm still on the Lager boat. The Lager BD shield is now in transit to me I'll post pics once I get it. It's coming by boat so it won't be here right away. The blue on the Lager is still dark but I like it like that.
10363249_335149123339826_5159005468828665973_n_zpsg0mi9npj.jpg

10313723_274888062699266_8012895456952017051_n_zpsvrdchyfc.jpg.html

Man, I wish I can get just that KA pedestal... :lol I won't be able to wall mount the eFX if KA turns out to be bad....in those pics it definitely looks like a piece of hard plastic, not metallic at all....The darker blue looks like the GA Cap die cast shield, which had a darker blue than it's electroplated predecessors.
Please do post pics, toycrypt. :hi5: You seem to be the big supporter of Lager.

In pics it's just the one I prefer. The eFx one is the only one I skipped. I only care for the eFx wall mount thing but I hear in person it's cheap looking. I have 2 Lager Classic shields, 1 Lager BD Classic shield, and 1 King Arts Classic shield coming to me. Hopefully I'll have them all by the beginning of April. I'll be sure to do an in depth review of all of them. I'll figure out which one I like best and I'll be selling the rest. Cheers.

Which one did you order? I'm in the opposite boat. I had the classic then cancelled. Now I wish I hadn't.

If you had the classic and decide you don't want it, instead of cancelling would you send me a PM?

I have the classic (clean version) in the frame on pre-order. Is that the one you were interested in?

I have the classic (clean version) in the frame on pre-order. Is that the one you were interested in?

Classic on a stand, I'm afraid... luckily, I may have found another user who wants to unload their pre-order, if we can work something out.

Well, I just came across the most in-depth photo review of the Classic Pedestal Version of the Shield.
Here is the thread, the review starts on page 3 and continues into page 4:

King Arts International Limited - Marvel Licensed Products and more - Page 4

My thoughts on it:

- Overall, it looks nice

- The black lines in the grooves look well done, although not at all accurate

- I LOVE the look of the details in the star itself. Absolutely perfect grooves in it, wish efx had done that better

- The colors are vibrant, but somewhat dark

- They did not do the "metallic" paint seen in some prototypes that made it resemble the Hero shields,
so it really has no tie to anything we have seen on screen, unfortunately

- Hate the Marvel logo being "stamped" into the back of the shield

- The stand is pretty well constructed, looks like it supports the shield perfectly

It confirms what I feared... that while well done, it looks more like a comic book version of Cap's shield
than one of the movie ones.

I am half-tempted to just keep my preorder with BBTS, just for the hell of it, lol.

king-arts-international-limited-marvel-licensed-products-more-2015-03-09-00-20-54-jpg-448884d1425915609

king-arts-international-limited-marvel-licensed-products-more-2015-03-09-00-21-18-jpg-448885d1425915750

Last edited:
Have they confirmed that the KA shield is metal? That's the biggest selling point for me to have a real metal (aluminum) shield replica. Colors etc aren't a deal breaker.

How heavy is the efx one?

I like that it is a comic shield, actually. Looks pretty damn nice. Not keeping mine, but I like it.

From what I gather, it is some sort of aluminum shield. Apparently it comes in around another 10 pounds heavier than the efx one.

That seals it for me then. I have wanted a metal shield and don't care if it's more idealized than movie accurate. Something about a fiberglass shield doesn't appeal to me. I want to pick it up and feel like ok holding Cap's vibrandium shield.

Back