Prop King Arts 1:1 Replicas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can appreciate a lot of that sentiment but the shield from film to film, versus the comics, to animation and even video games is significantly different. For instance Caps shield in the comics is one smooth piece (no grooves between the rings) and the star has never, ever had any details added to it outside the films.

That's fair. I certainly don't have anything against screen accuracy or people who desire it. I like the details on the star from the movies, which is why the King Arts strikes a nice balance with me.

For me, screen accuracy is unimportant. Cap's shield is Cap's shield has always been Cap's shield. They are all recognizable and the important thing is that it looks great for what it is, not compared to a photo from a movie. I would also like something metal and heavy.

I think you and I are in the same boat. I know that different artists have drawn Cap's shield with different shading, various star designs but essentially I want something that looks like a metal shield replica and has that metal twang to it if I tap it with my finger.

Nothing against the EFX one at all, they do superb work. (after all the guys who founded Master Replicas went on to form EFX) I just want a metal bad@$$ looking Cap shield :yess:

I'm sure someone will release a accurate metal one at some point. It's inevitable. What it will do to the value of all these other shields....who knows.

That is my fervent hope as well. I have lusted after one since the initial promo images from the First Avenger. That said it took almost 5 years to get a sweet licensed one in hand.

Can someone post the KA pictures from the other forum? The thumbnails are not loading/enlarging for me. Thanks in advance!

Also, is there a pic of the back of the eFX shield?

Here you go

image.jpg

That is my fervent hope as well. I have lusted after one since the initial promo images from the First Avenger. That said it took almost 5 years to get a sweet licensed one in hand.

true, but we got at least 3 more movies with Evans as Cap, so there is more than enough time. It seems their are new companies popping up every year with a Marvel license.

Damn I just saw the Beast Kingdom 1:1 Captain America shield (there are two versions) listed up on Popcultcha (Australia) for $2,999.99 for preorder!!!! (Going to duplicate this post in another thread)

Item info:

"Captain America - The Winter Soldier - Captain America’s Shield 1:1 Scale Replica

For the die hard Captain America fans you won't be able to say no to the ultimate in collectibles... A life sized Shield replica from Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, made from FRP, metal and leather with each piece individually painted and finished using automotive metallic paint and hair-line surface treatment this will be the crowning glory in your collection."

And if that isn't enough you can get this to hold it up for you.

image.jpg

This one really is out of my price range. But at least we don't need to deal with that eFX wall mount

So are people thinking about waiting for a new more accurate metal version in the near future?

I'm just waiting on something that wows me a bit more. So far King Arts and Lager are the closest to do that. Advantage goes to KAs though for being licensed.

I'm just waiting on something that wows me a bit more. So far King Arts and Lager are the closest to do that. Advantage goes to KAs though for being licensed.

Between those two I prefer the look of the Lager. Having said that you are 110% on the mark in that the licensing, or lack thereof, is a huge issue. I wouldn't take as much umbrage with it if the Lager did not cost the same if not MORE than the legit ones.

So are people thinking about waiting for a new more accurate metal version in the near future?

The eFX is accurate to the new shield but I would like a metal BD TFA style one as well. Having said that I doubt I will be able to score one outside of a custom job as I imagine all the focus will be on the newer films, in which the shield has a very different look.

I just want a great looking Cap shield that has a metal feel and weight to it. From the photos KA looks to fit the bill, for me anyway.

Now in the future hopefully EFX or someone will make metal licensed shields but for now I will be very happy with mine. (Whenever it gets here)

Between those two I prefer the look of the Lager. Having said that you are 110% on the mark in that the licensing, or lack thereof, is a huge issue. I wouldn't take as much umbrage with it if the Lager did not cost the same if not MORE than the legit ones.

At the end of the day if this is something you want. Why the hell would the licensing thing matter. The way I see it is I want the best looking shield in my display, I could give a **** if it's licensed or not. Just my opinion. The only thing licensing may help with is resale but then again look how much some custom unlicensed figures/statues go for. I want the best and Lager in my opinion is the best. That's why I ordered it.

Facebook seems like the best option at this point. Not the normal way of doing business but they have been very good with me so far.

https://www.facebook.com/Lagertoys

Tell them Arthur/Toycrypt sent you. They may take off a few bucks.:duff

Your review and your pictures, are going to be the deciding factor as to my getting one.:wave Having said that I still feel it offside that they are charging more than license holders for their product. Cest la vie though.

Back