Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine the other day - here's my thoughts in video format.

Great video! I really liked the lighting you had towards the end of the video. Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, my Kier has a problem with the arm falling down, it already chipped a piece of the tooth. I didn't buy mine from Sideshow, but a third party so I think I'm screwed with getting any help on that arm from Sideshow.

She fit's right along with Conan, Rage of the Undying!

SS CS has responded to arm issue, they have arranged for replacement arm(s) to be made and I am on waiting list to get one. I would seriously say to those relying on it being a 'secure fit' , DON'T chance it!

I contacted SS about the arm issue on Kier and this was their response:

We can recommend using a bit of mounting putty or earthquake putty to adhere the arm to the body. This will not damage the arm or the body and it is completely removable if you need to pack the arm and body away.

I expected a different response since I thought SS was aware of the problem and had requested replacements from the factory. WTF

I contacted SS about the arm issue on Kier and this was their response:

We can recommend using a bit of mounting putty or earthquake putty to adhere the arm to the body. This will not damage the arm or the body and it is completely removable if you need to pack the arm and body away.

I expected a different response since I thought SS was aware of the problem and had requested replacements from the factory. WTF

Nah, as far as Sideshow is concerned there is no problem. Not enough people reported the issue apparantly. So don't expect action on their part. Atleast, I remember reading that a while back.

She fit's right along with Conan, Rage of the Undying!

SS CS has responded to arm issue, they have arranged for replacement arm(s) to be made and I am on waiting list to get one. I would seriously say to those relying on it being a 'secure fit' , DON'T chance it!

Do you have anything to back that up? A chat log perhaps?

Do you have anything to back that up? A chat log perhaps?

Here is the bulk of the reply I received from SS CS via e-mail. I have omitted the reps name and my order number but this is what I based my statement on. I think it is a fair position for SS to take; full refund or replace part. Ask SS CS the question and raise your concerns people, they do help!

"Thank you very much for your patience. As I mentioned previously, we have not received our full allotment of replacements for this piece as of yet

Because of this, I have added your information to a waitlist for when the new batch of replacement arms arrive. Your replacement order number is *********. Our production team is working hard with our manufacturer to can get these replacement pieces as soon as possible, and we will keep you updated on the progress as soon as we have more information.

If you decide you do not wish to wait for this replacement part to arrive, please let me know and I will send an RMA to return your statue for a full refund.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for this inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this. "

Last edited:
:lol That's just like Sideshow to give two completely different customer service responses. I especially love the "fix it yourself" response.

:lol That's just like Sideshow to give two completely different customer service responses. I especially love the "fix it yourself" response.

One response is for a supposed problem, the other is for an actual. If you have this piece, again I suggest you contact SS CS otherwise trying to complain about a response when not prompting one is a mute point (apologies if you have and have received a different response as a Kier owner). :duff

As far as buying this piece, I was aware of the possible issue but want to support this line, or part of it, and believe this is a genuine oversight on the development side. It is a great piece and has a good back story.

One response is for a supposed problem, the other is for an actual. If you have this piece, again I suggest you contact SS CS otherwise trying to complain about a response when not prompting one is a mute point (apologies if you have and have received a different response as a Kier owner). :duff

As far as buying this piece, I was aware of the possible issue but want to support this line, or part of it, and believe this is a genuine oversight on the development side. It is a great piece and has a good back story.

Every Kier statue that has an arm issue, and there have been many (mine included) should have had a replacement arm issued to them. Some people are put on the wait list for a replacement and some aren't. Sideshow's customer service is generally pretty good but they have inconsistent answers which sometimes depend on the customer rep you get. I've seen responses from them that ask the customer to fix the problem on their own on more than one statue. Asking a customer to glue, putty, or paint (yes, that's been an answer before) is ridiculous considering the price we pay for these collectibles. If they can't guarantee a good statue then they shouldn't offer it. Problems like this arm falling out is too widespread to be missed by quality control, which offers the question: What exactly is the level of Sideshow's quality control?

You got on the wait list for your arm. Congratulations. Some people have been told there are no replacements. Some have been told to fix it themselves. Some, like you, are on a wait list. Others are fixing it themselves without bothering to talk to Sideshow because it's less infuriating. This year has been miserable for most people with an issue with a Sideshow product because they were understaffed for months.

If I criticize SS, it's because I've dealt with them for years and never know what the response will be when there's an issue. I've heard them all though from "we'll send a replacement" to "tough, keep it or send it back". Read through the threads and you'll see the same inconsistency for many pieces.

It's frustrating, yes, especially after requesting the piece be checked prior to shipping out. And I agree, it's a full run problem and not a couple of isolated incidents but I would still urge people to contact SS and register their concerns in case there is any comeback issues later.I hope those who have been given the 'brush off' responses use the reply I received to get a replacement arm at least.
The arm on my Kier fitted deceptively snug so I can see how a quick check by QC would pass it off as good.Other stuff such as paint chips, breaks etc have been a long running issue for all companies and are highly annoying, but it is how they ultimately respond to the complaint that really matters for me and fortunately I was informed of this 'replacement arm list' and again, I hope this prompts others to request being put on it.

The arm fit perfectly on mine but the statue would not fit into the base so they had me ship the whole thing back to them. I'm now waiting for my replacement to be shipped out; hopefully my new piece has a decent arm fit as well.

I had the same issue with my Kier. She would not seat in the base properly. SS did work with me to try find a solution, as the statue was otherwise prefect. Unfortunately in the end, she had to be return. So now I'am also on a wait list for a replacement. SS is telling me 2 to 3 weeks before the new batch comes in. They also stated that my replacement will be inspected before it's shipped out to me. Keeping my finger's cross. I'm little bummed, but I have the one shot I took of her to help with the wait. :impatient:

keir 2.0.jpg

Just got my Kier and its also my first Sideshow statue. I was so afraid to order so expensive statue because of all those Sideshow qc horror stories, fortunately i had no issues, except that loose hand but it was easy super glue fix.
DSC_0904.jpg

Back