Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a reply from SS regarding concerns about the arm. They are 'unaware of any issues' regarding this piece but state ...'however, with any hand crafted collectible, there are likely to be some flaws accounted for.'

They have agreed to inspect Kier for me prior to shipping, specifically for fitting issues, so it's a case of 'wait and see'.
Is the issue regarding a weak magnet, resulting in an arm that can very easily fall off?

Is the issue regarding a weak magnet, resulting in an arm that can very easily fall off?

Hi Cent.. no it's a peg issue.. the peg needs a bit of super glue or nail polish painted on the peg to keep it from sliding.. should we have to do it no.. but it's really a 5 min fix... other than that my statue is flawless with a great paint job...:)

It seems to be a weak joint due to the lack of a magnet and just using a peg which is a straight fitting so very, very likely to fall out if loose. Read back several pages and it seems there are a lot of Kiers with this issue but there are several suggestions as to how to deal with it (though given the joint and pin set up, gravity may win out in the end if not a permanent fix!). I'm willing to chance it though so think on about getting her knowing this fault is there as it seems this is the only 'major' problem.

Hi Cent.. no it's a peg issue.. the peg needs a bit of super glue or nail polish painted on the peg to keep it from sliding.. should we have to do it no.. but it's really a 5 min fix... other than that my statue is flawless with a great paint job...:)

It seems to be a weak joint due to the lack of a magnet and just using a peg which is a straight fitting so very, very likely to fall out if loose. Read back several pages and it seems there are a lot of Kiers with this issue but there are several suggestions as to how to deal with it (though given the joint and pin set up, gravity may win out in the end if not a permanent fix!). I'm willing to chance it though so think on about getting her knowing this fault is there as it seems this is the only 'major' problem.
Thanks fellas. :duff
Yeah, it sounds like a gamble, but I'm still interested in hearing how SS will respond.

Thanks fellas. :duff
Yeah, it sounds like a gamble, but I'm still interested in hearing how SS will respond.

Their response is there is no issue as previously stated by SS CS . Seems no one is reporting it or it's too few reports to take action on as a whole for the production.

Thought I'd throw up a (terrible) pic
kSzXLd.jpg

She looks great, I'm really impressed by SS facial paint apps lately. They seem to have really improved from where they were a year or two ago.

Looks fantastic. Kier will be my first COTD statue and the book has arrived today so I'll be looking over that later. I've been reading up on all the character backgrounds and it seems really awesome.

Fed Ex van pulled up. I go out to the van to see box lay on bottom of pallet on it's side with other boxes on top. Driver digs out the box and hands it to me, box pushed in at the sides :google

Anyways, I tentatively open the brown shipper to see corner pads intact along with art box un scathed and proceeded to check contents!

Pulling the inner styrofoam case out I see there is a chunk sticking out against the sealing tape. Something has obviously broken methinks :google:google

Slowly cut around the tape and open the box.......Kier foot has pushed the chunk of styro out, but no damage! :hi5:

I take each piece out and checked it over and all is well. Then, after assembling I get to admire the beauty and intricate detailing of this Fallen Valkyrie for myself. Well worth the wait and the cost. The sword alone is a real piece for study; full metal blade and handle shaped from the female warrior form holding a skull. Brilliant

Fed Ex van pulled up. I go out to the van to see box lay on bottom of pallet on it's side with other boxes on top. Driver digs out the box and hands it to me, box pushed in at the sides :google

Anyways, I tentatively open the brown shipper to see corner pads intact along with art box un scathed and proceeded to check contents!

Pulling the inner styrofoam case out I see there is a chunk sticking out against the sealing tape. Something has obviously broken methinks :google:google

Slowly cut around the tape and open the box.......Kier foot has pushed the chunk of styro out, but no damage! :hi5:

I take each piece out and checked it over and all is well. Then, after assembling I get to admire the beauty and intricate detailing of this Fallen Valkyrie for myself. Well worth the wait and the cost. The sword alone is a real piece for study; full metal blade and handle shaped from the female warrior form holding a skull. Brilliant
Nice! Sounds like Kier trying to kick herself free of the cardboard prison! :) :clap

Nice! Sounds like Kier trying to kick herself free of the cardboard prison! :) :clap

I thought that as well! :lol

Anyway, checked her later and her arm had dropped out and skull flames broke! :(

Total design ****** ** :mad: I was prepared for it to possibly happen and it seemed secure but gravity is a ***** and wins in the end unless you do alter it yourself. SS CS here I come :pray:

shes my second favorite of the 4 currently released. first being Oglavaeil/Hound. She has alot of presence. It does suck having to worry about the arm coming loose, but other then that its a beautiful statue. I like how the sword is metal and how great the blue frames in the skull turned out. Also the cape is well tailored and feels premium.

shes my second favorite of the 4 currently released. first being Oglavaeil/Hound. She has alot of presence. It does suck having to worry about the arm coming loose, but other then that its a beautiful statue. I like how the sword is metal and how great the blue frames in the skull turned out. Also the cape is well tailored and feels premium.

Looks excellent. That art print is really something.

Back