Kids Logic 1/6 Street Fighter IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kids Logic Street Fighter IV

They are 1/6

If you look on the website link Dead-Man posted yesterday and scroll down to the figures it says 12 inch Street Fighter action figures

Great! That's awesome, I want SF figures that size, too. Hopefully, they'll look better than the Play Arts Kai ones.

Thank God they're 1/6. I hope to see Vega, Bison, Cody and Sagat from them too.

Agreed on Bison and Sagat, no so much on Vega, and I'm conflicted about Cody... wish his storyline was solved and became a hero again, instead of staying in prison.
I haven't played "Arcade Edition" yet, so if something happened to Cody about not being at prision anymore, pleas DON'T spoil me because, useless as it sounds, I also follow the story in the games.

When I imagine Bison, it's always the one from the Animated Movie.

2yxp72o.jpg

That thing is to this day the greatest game adaption.

He was very imposing, there! But if you look at this desing in "Street Fighter II: World Warrior", he was always supposed to look big and strong.

The thing that makes this Bison the best in my opinion is the ending to the movie, where for whatever ____ing reason Bison is in a semi truck and tries to run over Ryu. I thought it was an absolutely hilarious ending and to this day I still don't understand what they were going for with it.

I have dreamed of Capcom referencing it for ages now. One day I hope he gets it as a super move. It would be perfect in a Marvel vs Capcom game. Out of nowhere a giant semi truck!

I don't remember that truck scene. I'll have to re-watch that film one day.

Curiously, I DO remember the shower scene! And in Latin America, we've seen the uncut version.
That fight was the most brutal! I loved SO MUCH that she ruined his stupid face! That made the movie.
I think it was this movie that established the long partnership between Chun-Li and Guile. They are still partners in Chun-Li ending for the "Super Street Fighter IV" game.

I really wish SFV has the same atmosphere that the animated movie did. SFIV was fun, I just didn't like the character models and the light atmosphere. I wish SF would take a gritty approach.

I liked the art-style used in "Street Figher IV", which had that feeling on "moving paintings". "Super Street Fighter IV" introduced a new (and VERY different) art-style, which looked more "pencilled", and mixed it with the "painting" art-style of the prior game, and the result didnt´t look good.
"Street Fighter IV" was visually more coherent than "Super Street Figher IV", IMO.

Chun-Li's thighs were ridiculous in SFIV!

Luckily, I modded them to look more real. He he! You can look it up.

I'm very open to different body types in women, so I'm not bothered by that.
Cammy is the one that's supposed to be the most over-sexualized woman from the Street Fighter saga, these days.

SF4's promotional art and cinematics of course look cool, but the in game graphics look NOTHING like that :lol

As for the truck scene, it happened at the very very end of the film.

I believe you about the truck scene, I have no reason not to.

But I still want to watch it, because I don't remember it.

I think that, artistically, SFIV had room for improvement, but it ended up looking much better than SSFIV, because the mix of art-styles in it, clashed very badly.
Of course, like everything, it's a matter of tastes, and personal appreciation. Lots of people don't give a damn about the art-styles, anyway.

I'm a huge art direction guy. I feel like it's one of if not the most important element to video games because in my opinion a good art direction never ages. I can go back and play Super Castlevania IV (which came out on SNES) and still be impressed by its awesome atmosphere and gritty visuals. Whereas SFIV will probably be looked back upon 10 years from now as a very dated fighting game since gameplay is really the only thing the devs there put much effort into.

Ok, but it doesn't matter if the art style will hold up in the future or not. What I'm saying is that aesthetically, mixing two different art-styles, sometimes (like in this case), doesn't work.

What I think is that visually, Super Street Fighter IV looks less coherent than it's predecessor, Street Fighter IV.

Everything in "Street Fighter IV" had that "painting" look, so visually it was very uniform.

For "Super...", they created a new art-style, but kept the presentation screens before the fights, animations for some of the moves and powers, and the victory poses with the "painting" art-style of the prior game. All of that clashed with the "lines" of the new art-style.

I understand they would've needed to create a new game from scatch to replace all of those details, and it may have been easier and cheaper to add elements to an already existing base provided by the prior game (which is what they probably did).

I think that doing the whole game from scratch would have been the tidiest manner of doing things, and it wouldn't have helped them save costs at all, but the game would've looked better.

When Ryu throws a kick and you see a trace of "painting" with the move, it makes sense in "SFIV", because it follows the "painting" theme of that game's art-style. But it doesn't make sense when that happens in "SSFIV", because they introduced a different art style in that game.

Imagine they made a comic in which Bill Sienkiewicz is drawing, and because he's not going to make the deadlines, they hire some other artist to finish the comic for him, and they grab someone like Bryan Hitch... who is an excellent artist in his own right, but his art-style is quite different to that of Sienkiewicz's. So, the comic ends up looking bad, despite having to excellent artists. The same thing is what happened with "Super...", of course, translated to a videogame, with all the differences of the medium, etc.

I've been looking at these photos from the show and they look great in many aspects. Ryu is the best of the three. I'm not fond of the stylized head on Akuma and Ken, but the body design is very interesting. It reminds me a lot of the smaller scale figures and is super articulated. I hope the quality control is there because the smaller scale figures usually have pretty floppy joints after a while. The body sculpt and proportions look perfect for these characters.

I have a sinking feeling that they'll try to rape us on the price.
Also, I really wish this whole "jacked up" Akuma look would just stop. Granted he's suppose to look bad, but it can always be more subtle. The Neca Akuma captured a good look for him (minus the hair, which could have been a little better). Even the exclusive topless Sota version had a good sculpt. Play Arts pretty much jacked him up alot.

Last edited:

Nah they won't they can't price them too high or nobody will want to buy them. Plus it doesn't look like they come with anything else like an energy ball or something.

What worries me is how long they've been in production already

I'm convinced that since these figures have been showcased since 2011, we will never actually see em.

Looking at their Facebook page, I'm a little more hopeful these figures will be released. It looks like they're fairly established and have 350,000+ likes and have released various products already. I'm crossing my fingers that these won't be too expensive. I really like the bodies because of the overemphasized sculpts and proportions, which is sordidly lacking in 1/6 scale since everyone focuses on releasing more and more realistic bodies.

Random: I found out last week that Fei Long was voiced by Bryan Cranston in the SF II animated movie. WTF!!!!

Thanks. I pretty much ruined Breaking Bad by googling who Bryan Cranston was :slap

Back