KFC's Double Down Sandwich

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BG, have you eaten at "The Salt Lick BBQ" in Driftwood?

images
images

I'm breathing, aren't I? :rotfl

I honestly think it would be considered a crime if I hadn't been to Driftwood to eat at the Salt Lick. Been a couple of times. It's just amazing. Especially their pecan pie.

I'm breathing, aren't I? :rotfl

I honestly think it would be considered a crime if I hadn't been to Driftwood to eat at the Salt Lick. Been a couple of times. It's just amazing. Especially their pecan pie.

:lol

I saw the Salt Lick featured on the Travel Channel and the Food Network. It looks sumptuous! I love pecan pie too.

I have friends who live in Dallas. I wonder how long the drive is from Dallas to Austin? That's one place I need to dine in before I die. :pray:

Last edited:
BG, have you eaten at "The Salt Lick BBQ" in Driftwood?

images
images

This reminds me a lot of a place called the Cemtral Texas BBQ in Castroville, CA

Incredible place to eat.

I not near Garland, but I can get near it if it means delicious Chicken.

There are Babe's in Carrolton, Arlington, Frisco, Garland, Roanoke, Sanger, Burleson, Granbury, Dallas and Cedar Hills if any of those places are close. If you get the chance, try them.

I saw the Salt Lick featured on the Travel Channel and the Food Network. It looks sumptuous! I love pecan pie too.

I have friends who live in Dallas. I wonder how long the drive is from Dallas to Austin? That's one place I need to dine in before I die. :pray:

Around 3 hours or so. If you go, I'll meet you there.

There are Babe's in Carrolton, Arlington, Frisco, Garland, Roanoke, Sanger, Burleson, Granbury, Dallas and Cedar Hills if any of those places are close. If you get the chance, try them.

I will make it work! Going to Dallas in February. So I'll make it one of our stops.

I thought you were in Arizona? Aren't you the Steelers fan who was suppose to take photos of that Steelers bar on NFL Sunday and post it to the NFL thread? :impatient:

I live in CA. My work takes me all over the country. Currently, I am working in Phoenix until February (as I was three years ago when I found Harold's). And I was working in Moss Landing, CA inspecting construction on a power plant when I ate at The Central Texas BBQ. I am damned lucky that I get to try so many great places to eat...and usually for free as I am almost always on per diems when I travel.

And I promise current pics of Harold's soon. I think I will post a few from the Steelers/Cardinal Superbowl as an "in-the-mean-time".

He's in Houston. If he's not working, he'd probably come. He doesn't mind the drive.

So, when you heading this way?

Oh sorry, I didn't know he was in Houston. I assumed he lived near Austin. :slap

Actually, my friend who lives in Dallas, we rotate every year taking our visits between Minneapolis and Dallas. Next year (summer/fall), is my turn to come down there.

The 3 hour drive sounds long. I may just take a puddle jumper to Austin. :lol

Last edited:
BuffBuff and I just finished our double down's. That will probably be the only one we get for about a year. They are so heavy and greasy that 1 a year is enough. But we asked for extra cripsy and got an extra piece of bacon each. YUM!

They serve it to you on a cardboard drink tray?, now thats some ghetto ____ right thurr.

I take it you just rested the actual container on the tray?. Cheese could be melted a bit more.

BuffBuff and I just finished our double down's. That will probably be the only one we get for about a year. They are so heavy and greasy that 1 a year is enough. But we asked for extra cripsy and got an extra piece of bacon each. YUM!

:rock :rock :rock :hi5:

Back