Keir Dullea as Red Spaceman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KXN9r6tPgHU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KXN9r6tPgHU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well being that it was shown a year and a half ago and you can no longer find information about it on the Executive Replicas website I'd say its not going to happen.

Not to mention, none of the product shown (except the headsculpt) was new. It was the work of previous customizers.

Here's the only information I was able to find on Executive Replicas site from April of last year:
Executive Replicas has secured licensing with Mr. Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood to produce the 12" Discovery Astronauts.
Expected production date - 4th quarter 2009.

Please note: Everyone that attended the New York Comic Con or that have seen images from that show has asked many questions regarding the origin of the space suit we had on display. The space suit that was on display was not our prototype. We were not able to get our prototypes ready for the show. The suit on display was one made in Europe and we used it to show off the Dullea head sculpt. When our prototypes are completed, new images will be available.

Hmm well maybe the suits are just proving harder then originally thought? It's technically not even a year overdue yet.

I'm going to hold out hope a bit longer that this isn't dead only beacause its the greatest film ever made. Hopefully its just Hot Toys and Predator 1 all over again, I'll happily wait.

Yeah, but the Duella sculpt and information was removed from the site and there have been zero updates. Where they were initially discussing having the figures ready by the end of last year.

I guess there is always still hope, but I'm guessing the whole project got shut down.

Sorry if I'm asking for info that's already been discussed, but this product was attributed to Go Hero? Is Master Replicas associated with Go Hero? Or another company?

Sean

Executive Replicas and GoHero shared a booth together at the Toy Fair and worked together on some products.

Not 100% sure how they are related, but from what I understood GoHero was not involved in this one.

Interesting they're showing it again... but still looks like the same stuff (the suit being a custom made by someone else) they showed a couple years ago.

WOW!!! I had not seen this one! I love 2001 movie and I can't wait to have this Dave Bowman figure!
Any news about when will it be released?

At late 70's decade a Spanish company called Madelman released some 2001 based action figures. Unfortunately I was almost just born then, so I couldn't get any. Nowadays it's almost impossible to find one and if you can find it, it's much too expensive.

They are about 7"-8", that's a bit smaller than Megos.

2001original4.jpg
astronautajupiter2.jpg

Hope they finally release this figure!!!:pray:

Back