Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to find a kilt material like this:

kilt.jpg

this is the actual plaid used in the movie:
braveheart_tartan-1.jpg

Sidious I like the work you did on yours!

Comatoast for your headsculpt did you remove some of the blue warpaint with rubbing alcohol or did you do a straight repaint?

This release is very nice love mine and my gateway figure to me buying more Mel movie line figure's. I guess i need Riggs next and hope we get a Max down the line.

Sidious I like the work you did on yours!

Comatoast for your headsculpt did you remove some of the blue warpaint with rubbing alcohol or did you do a straight repaint?

Actually went over the blue with a matching flesh color (took a while to match it). VERY, very light dry brush over a bunch of the warpaint to tone down the blue (it's a little too dark) and then around the edges of the hairline and cut in along parts if the hard "edging" to soften the transition from warpaint to flesh.

I did remove all the hair pieces off the non-warpaint version to root it with real hair as well and if that works out I will probably paint the war paint on that one.

As much as I like this release, I am wondering what is next for Kaustic Plastik. Did they announce anything new? I hope there are more Romans to come. Cheers

I hope Fabio hasn't lost the thrill of making 1/6 figures . I know there busy making the Wallace head sculpt but I really would love to see more previews of figures at least . Come on Fabio !! Give us a update !!

0835e825edf477ca4cbcee833fe1bf75.jpg

Hey guys. Just wanted to throw this tip out there. This is a pretty common fabric from Joanne's. It's great on its own but if you soak it in a tea bath it looks almost spot on to the real thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey for those who have this figure, does it include the additional interchangeable hair sculpts or do those come separately?

What are everyone's thoughts comparing this figure to the Pangaea version to be released? I dislike the hair sculpt here but saw in a picture somewhere that the figure includes another William head with wider spread hair. Is that true?

Last edited:
Finally got around to putting this guy together . Really nice job by KP . I really hope Kaustic Plastic is not running into issues with making this guy . They have been mysteriously very quiet as of late . No updates . No new figure announcements .

I got the new headsculpts too and personally don't like them, I think the likeness is terrible. He looks like an Italian version of William. I'm looking into getting a different head sculpt but not sure where to look.

c69fca4739ec7bd60285a51af042a640.jpg

9d833cdd86616be10c6c935e79365dfe.jpg

The screaming headsculpts are much more accurate - the relaxed expression ones are a completely different (poor) sculpt and a different skin tone! I wonder if the screaming headsculpts are recasts from Iminime? How could they have two such radically different headsculpts... Even the hair sculpt and paint apps are shiny and very cheap looking compared to the screaming ones. Also the nose on the new sculpt is huge in comparison. How come they couldn't modify the existing sculpt and use it as a base? Very frustrating.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Back