Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for the price . KP did a fair job on this and I'm glad it's an option .
Considering the price its not the worst but I am still disappointed here. Its mostly because both sculpts don't seem like they were even made by the same person.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Considering the price its not the worst but I am still disappointed here. Its mostly because both sculpts don't seem like they were even made by the same person.

They probably weren't . KP is a very small company . Who knows. I actually emailed them asking what was going on with future releases because we haven't heard from Fabio in a long time . They replied with this .

Good Morning.
At the moment KP is working on the photo session of the next upcoming project.
The Celts/Gaul warriors.

Regards

KP staff

They probably weren't . KP is a very small company . Who knows. I actually emailed them asking what was going on with future releases because we haven't heard from Fabio in a long time . They replied with this .

Good Morning.
At the moment KP is working on the photo session of the next upcoming project.
The Celts/Gaul warriors.

Regards

KP staff

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO - That is amazing news! Thank you for e-mailing them and sharing! Can't wait!

c69fca4739ec7bd60285a51af042a640.jpg

9d833cdd86616be10c6c935e79365dfe.jpg

The screaming headsculpts are much more accurate - the relaxed expression ones are a completely different (poor) sculpt and a different skin tone! I wonder if the screaming headsculpts are recasts from Iminime? How could they have two such radically different headsculpts... Even the hair sculpt and paint apps are shiny and very cheap looking compared to the screaming ones. Also the nose on the new sculpt is huge in comparison. How come they couldn't modify the existing sculpt and use it as a base? Very frustrating.

Each to their own...I always thought the screaming heads looked like Will Ferferrell-scream-blog-jpg_172218.jpgrell

:lol

I don't have the figure or the sculpts, but from the pics, while not exactly Ron Burgundy, I do agree that the screaming sculpt doesn't look as much like Gibson, whereas the relaxed sculpt looks great IMHO.

3f9026eb5698af716c400b1ddfd26b09.jpg

Another disappointing thing about the headsculpt is they didn't make the ends of the hair soft. When I pulled off the head of my William this disaster happened. Since then the front of the armour has become ripped. Just terrible. There are a lot of good things about this figure but a lot of small details that mess it up.

I personally think KP should move away from real leather and move on to Plastic . It's amazing the detail that can be achieved with Plastic and i wouldn't have to worry about studs falling off and belts ripping .

I personally think KP should move away from real leather and move on to Plastic . It's amazing the detail that can be achieved with Plastic and i wouldn't have to worry about studs falling off and belts ripping .

That's a fair point actually. I don't think it would be a bad idea at all and it would probably cost less which would let then put more resources into other parts of the figure. I was extremely impressed by all the wooden parts they provided and the armour itself still is top notch. Not sure why they put the swirly lines in the shield ... it kind of ruins it for me. I wanted to see if I can just convert it into a battle damaged shield so the lines arn't really noticable. I also think the sword hilt is poorly painted (too bright and shiny) and I want to darken it up.

KP said they will send me a replacement armour piece which is great. I'm also working on a custom kilt that has the correct movie colours. The design has yet to be printed ... Hope it turns out nice.

Fabio asked the question whether buyers would prefer faux leather or genuine leather. The latter entails studs or plates that would likely detach because they weren't permitted to use super glue in the factory.

The consensus was for genuine leather. As long as you know the issue you can put it right in hand before assembling the figure.

Not sure what the armour on kilt man is made of, but it looks like faux leather and a case of weak Chinese glue. Studs that small would need super glue.

I remember when he asked us for our opinion about whether to use more Plastic as well . I was 1 of a few who agreed to use more Plastic but most wanted the real leather unfortunately . Just take a look at some of 303 toys Plastic armor on there Three kingdom figures . I own a few and can say right now that the work is fantastic . The fine details that they achieve looks just like the real thing .

Just got mine a week ago. I was shocked at the size difference! It's just ridiculous. I think the likeness is better and would be improved by a repaint. But after doing that I could have almost picked up an Iminime sculpt.
Do you know where I could find an Iminime sculpt? I'm desperately searching but can't find one anywhere for a reasonable price (the ones on e-bay are 300 USD+).

That's about the going rate for that sculpt. The Bloody warpaint version is even more. You can occasionally find the non warpaint version for around $250-275.

Do you know where I could find an Iminime sculpt? I'm desperately searching but can't find one anywhere for a reasonable price (the ones on e-bay are 300 USD+).

That's about the going rate for that sculpt. The Bloody warpaint version is even more. You can occasionally find the non warpaint version for around $250-275.

That's insane, someone offered to sell me their entire figure with an updated body and a few mods for about 600 USD. I was thinking possibly to do that and sell the parts I don't need although its a hefty amount. I've actually asked if someone can recast the iminime sculpt and they agreed to it so I'm currently waiting for that to see how it looks. I also saw another custom William Wallace sculpt on ebay for a bit cheaper but I'm not sure if its better than the iminime (the pictures arn't the greatest quality).

Just got mine a week ago. I was shocked at the size difference! It's just ridiculous. I think the likeness is better and would be improved by a repaint. But after doing that I could have almost picked up an Iminime sculpt.

I honestly don't see the problem.
The headsculpt is lovely and fit VERY WELL with the figure.

This is coming directly from my collection (sorry for the bad quality picture) and I don't see any kind of problem.

KP10head22.jpg

Is it the new headsculpt bigger than the original screaming head? YES
But what's the problem???
It fit well with the body and the proportion with the body are fine? YES, so what's the problem?

The two headsculpts looks different and with different size because coming from two different sculptors and are also made in two different way, one it's WAX prototype (screaming one) one is 3D (flat one).

Before spend 300$ on Iminime Sculpt give a look how it fit with our figure, because Iminime sculpt is BIGGER as well than our Screaming head.

So if you are searching for an extra flat head with IDENTICAL Size of our original screaming head, you will not solve the problem with Iminime.

I honestly don't see the problem.
The headsculpt is lovely and fit VERY WELL with the figure.

This is coming directly from my collection (sorry for the bad quality picture) and I don't see any kind of problem.

KP10head22.jpg

Is it the new headsculpt bigger than the original screaming head? YES
But what's the problem???
It fit well with the body and the proportion with the body are fine? YES, so what's the problem?

The two headsculpts looks different and with different size because coming from two different sculptors and are also made in two different way, one it's WAX prototype (screaming one) one is 3D (flat one).

Before spend 300$ on Iminime Sculpt give a look how it fit with our figure, because Iminime sculpt is BIGGER as well than our Screaming head.

So if you are searching for an extra flat head with IDENTICAL Size of our original screaming head, you will not solve the problem with Iminime.

yea from the comparison pic can see the screaming head is smaller than both Iminime & normal face. but am just curious even though sculpted by 2 different people why they can't get the sizing correct, because all in all, it's designed for the same body. the size difference might be minor & probably fit the body well, but if you put the figure together with another figure, the minor size difference might actually be noticeable.

but then again, tell me a figure in 1/6 that is actually accurately sized.

yea from the comparison pic can see the screaming head is smaller than both Iminime & normal face. but am just curious even though sculpted by 2 different people why they can't get the sizing correct, because all in all, it's designed for the same body. the size difference might be minor & probably fit the body well, but if you put the figure together with another figure, the minor size difference might actually be noticeable.

but then again, tell me a figure in 1/6 that is actually accurately sized.

Both of our heads fit the body well, and with both of the heads you can have a stunning looking figure.

Back