Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't see the problem.
The headsculpt is lovely and fit VERY WELL with the figure.

This is coming directly from my collection (sorry for the bad quality picture) and I don't see any kind of problem.

KP10head22.jpg

Is it the new headsculpt bigger than the original screaming head? YES
But what's the problem???
It fit well with the body and the proportion with the body are fine? YES, so what's the problem?

The two headsculpts looks different and with different size because coming from two different sculptors and are also made in two different way, one it's WAX prototype (screaming one) one is 3D (flat one).

Before spend 300$ on Iminime Sculpt give a look how it fit with our figure, because Iminime sculpt is BIGGER as well than our Screaming head.

So if you are searching for an extra flat head with IDENTICAL Size of our original screaming head, you will not solve the problem with Iminime.
The head does still look good on the figure and in of itself is not a bad sculpt. The size difference does not concern me very much actually, however I do not see Mel Gibson very much in this sculpt. I felt the screaming headsculpt was more accurate and liked the paint on it better as well. That's only my opinion though and I'm sure others will like it. The Iminime sculpt is too young looking as Nenny Dee pointed out in a review video but I do quite like it still.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Well, a slight mea culpa here as I've finally had time to put the new head on the figure. It actually fits better than the heads that came with the figure. And it's a better likeness. So my bad on that. The paint could have matched the figures body better, but that's a minor complaint.

That said, it is still a little dissapointing that they don't look remotely similar and aren't closer in size. I did like having the screamin head on it, but I will probably stick with the neutral one now.

I just ordered the Deluxe version and two alternate heads from Cotswold Collectibles.
Has anyone posed him riding on a horse?
Any suggestions for a 1/6 scale horse for him?

I just received the non war paint head sculpt and agree that it its bigger but that does not bother me as much as the dark skin tone of the new head, its way to tanned does not match the body at all, what a waste of $40

I got both new version hs from Cotswold (thanks for the link Fabio!) I think I now have the best of both looks. I always planned on adding blood to painted war and painted war screaming and adding dirt to the body so I am not miffed one bit about the color difference.

That's the Iminime Scottish Freedom Warrior head with blue warpaint. Probably 200 USD + on ebay lol and its made of fragile resin (hair can break easily)

That's the Iminime Scottish Freedom Warrior head with blue warpaint. Probably 200 USD + on ebay lol and its made of fragile resin (hair can break easily)

gah thanks! I had a feeling it was iminime, its just theres no ebay listing at the moment that have it and no store (that I know of) that has it.. all I see is the screaming version.
Price wise thats insane but man what a sculpt! perfection..

It made be 300 USD+ even. That sculpt is very high quality and beautifully done but it doesn't capture the facial likeness of William very well. Its more noticable on the non-warpaint version though. It looks like a very young version of Mel Gibson at best. I personally like Pangaea's sculpt more and am eager for that figure to come out. They have a better war vest too.

Not sure about that, I suppose its subjective. But the Pangaea version for me doesn't seem to capture the raw emotion of mel gibson. You can really see the fire in his eyes on iiminime's. The expression and the paint job is phenomenal.

What do you think of the KP non screaming version? I think it looks better than Pangaea's. These are just promo shots, I do wonder what it looks like in hand.
170516_154605_zaqwBHyj_imagePrincipale.jpg

I'm not a fan of Gibson's other movies so I only know his likeness from Braveheart however Iminime did not capture it greatly. While I think the headsculpt as a headsculpt itself is stunning and beautifully done, I just don't find it accurate almost at all. The picture below shows the head sculpt more clearly without the war paint. The chin is too long, he has no stubble, the expression is not quite right right, the face is a bit narrow/too long and the eyes are off. On top of it all he looks way too young and not worn out enough.

I made the mistake of purchasing both KP heads - and the likeness is horrific. They tend to use many filters and effects to make their products look presentable and I fell to this illusion. First of all it seems like a completely different sculptor made the head and its a lot bigger, especially the nose and does not resemble the screaming head at all. The hair is extremely cheap looking and lacks detail compared to their screaming head (which is almost a copy of Iminime's). It looks nothing remotely like William, in fact it looks like they just used an Italian man's likeness with subpar William styled hair (maybe even one of their own team members [emoji23]). Partially kidding about that part but that's what it reminds me of.
Also I realize I was harsh in my judgements and if you like the Iminime sculpt (as most seem to) there's no problem with that (other than the price). I even showed my gf all the heads and she agreed the Pangaea one was the closest looking to William (which still has issues of course, he has caveman-like brows/arches and the hair is too thick).
d95356b72b13d2d3df78f6fec6ebeefb.jpg
0215a26809e9de98b130fab86af221fa.jpg
39ef6361fd755ddb7e60f87c0ae6d316.jpg

Last edited:
ouch! looks like KP's attempt didnt work out! I think the one with the warpaint probably looks better. They seem to have got the profile down well but the hair does look off.

$_57[1].jpg

I still think pangaea's looks too jolly, needs a bit more fire in his expression. The pic you referenced does show a different expression, but I think Iminime's was not based on this particular photo but probably one where he is about to royally *****k someone up, such as the scene at the beginning of the movie where he surrenders to the soldiers at the barracks, and he is trying to hold back his anger.. thats what I see in Iminime's. There is a presence to it, there is depth of emotion in his eyes and expression. I agree though he does look young which is more of a minor issue I think.

Untitled.jpg
link to the scene: https://youtu.be/LedR-ILK18U

I agree, Pangaea's expression seems to be more neutral rather than fiery but for me that's fine. Its likely Iminime referenced another scene but regardless the things which are minor for you are huge issues for me and I could never get that sculpt. Perhaps Pangaea's final product will be better; I spoke to them on fb and they told me the huge delay was due to spending much extra time on the facial details, painting and rooting of the hair in order to get it all right. It will apparently be released next month (fingers crossed). Also their prototype pictures make the sculpt look weird from some angles but better from others so I think we really do have to wait for the final product to see. Lastly, I wanted to share a custom sculpt I got on ebay which I think is fantastic but is unfortunately too small for a muscular body proportionwise. I was really hoping to use this sculpt but it looks very silly on a muscular Phicen body (I'm working on a custom).
80cd7a116c3fdb3fedd4997ac51797ca.jpg
0c704094b5d1e21666c2ad3295d197d2.jpg

Back