Kaustic Plastik - Preview 2013 - New products coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the reply. I think the figure turned out absolutely beautiful.

Just one more question which is more of a historical one than directly figure related:

Is there a symbolic or hierarchical difference between these two helmets, meaning the way their crest stands?

The difference it's just a difference of Rank:

CENTURION (Officer):
400px-Helmet_centurion_end_of_second_century.jpg

OPTIO:
The Optio was a soldier in the Roman army who held a position similar to that of an executive officer in modern armies
Crested_Roman_Officers_Historical_Helmet.jpg

Keeping up with the historical line of questions: who did actually wear the "heroic" or "muscle" cuirass? Was that reserved only for Generals or the commanders of the legion?
And the helmets we so often see Generals and commanders wear in movies (like Maximus and Quintus in Gladiator), where they also reserved for higher ranked officers?

Just curious, as this is the way I've always seen Generals depicted in movies.

Keeping up with the historical line of questions: who did actually wear the "heroic" or "muscle" cuirass? Was that reserved only for Generals or the commanders of the legion?
And the helmets we so often see Generals and commanders wear in movies (like Maximus and Quintus in Gladiator), where they also reserved for higher ranked officers?

Just curious, as this is the way I've always seen Generals depicted in movies.

Hi mate, sorry for the late answer.. I didn't noticed you asked me this question.
Well please remember that there is a BIG difference between Movie like Gladiator and reality ;)
Anyway, the Muscle Cuirass was wear for Parade reason. Expecially the Metal Muscle Cuirass. Probably at war the Musclar Cuirass used was made in Leather, and had much more simple design.
Anyway the Metal Muscle Cuirass was designed for Emperors and VERY HIGH rank officers (like Generals).
Anyway it's almost sure Lorica Muscolata was not used often in battle, because the movement was very reduced by this kind of armour.
The most common armour used in battle was Lorica Hamata (Chain Mail) and Lorica Segmentata (the one we used with Valerius)

The "General" helms you have seen in the movies, once again there is a lot of "fantasy" there ;)
The helm much more similar to Quintus in Gladiator is this one:
450px-Roman_parade_helmet%2C_2nd_century.jpg

It is a General (or high rank officer) PARADE helm.
And as you can see it's very different to the one we can see in the movie.
Today you can see this very rare helm at Nuremberg Germanisches Nationalmuseum.

I love what they're doing, and I may be in the minority - but I'd love to see them do away with the metal accessories. I'd much prefer lighter weight and sharper cast plastic. My Legionnaire's helmets won't stay together, the metal is just too heavy and the glue falls apart.

Yes my friend we know our first release Valerius have some problems from this kind of point of view.
But we think we totally solved in this new productions! :)
So don't worry.. Metal helms, but without glue falling apart! ;)

Yes my friend we know our first release Valerius have some problems from this kind of point of view.
But we think we totally solved in this new productions! :)
So don't worry.. Metal helms, but without glue falling apart! ;)

Please make a normal sized person muscle body Kaustik. The bodies in the market do not represent a "normal type of guy". The market desperately needs it and you will make tons of profit. Walking Dead is huge and the two main characters need this type of body. Please please make it happen! Also make the body with different heights, or atleast include ankle extenders.

Please make a normal sized person muscle body Kaustik. The bodies in the market do not represent a "normal type of guy". The market desperately needs it and you will make tons of profit. Walking Dead is huge and the two main characters need this type of body. Please please make it happen! Also make the body with different heights, or atleast include ankle extenders.

Hi mate.
Yes it's a PROMISE.
Next year we will make a new body similar to our first release Realistik Muscle Body KP01A.
Hopefully will be a standard to make "normal type" figures.

Thank you for the suggestion my friend!

Hi mate, sorry for the late answer.. I didn't noticed you asked me this question.
Well please remember that there is a BIG difference between Movie like Gladiator and reality ;)
Anyway, the Muscle Cuirass was wear for Parade reason. Expecially the Metal Muscle Cuirass. Probably at war the Musclar Cuirass used was made in Leather, and had much more simple design.
Anyway the Metal Muscle Cuirass was designed for Emperors and VERY HIGH rank officers (like Generals).
Anyway it's almost sure Lorica Muscolata was not used often in battle, because the movement was very reduced by this kind of armour.
The most common armour used in battle was Lorica Hamata (Chain Mail) and Lorica Segmentata (the one we used with Valerius)

The "General" helms you have seen in the movies, once again there is a lot of "fantasy" there ;)
The helm much more similar to Quintus in Gladiator is this one:
450px-Roman_parade_helmet%2C_2nd_century.jpg

It is a General (or high rank officer) PARADE helm.
And as you can see it's very different to the one we can see in the movie.
Today you can see this very rare helm at Nuremberg Germanisches Nationalmuseum.

No sweat Fabio, better late than never! :D

Yes, I had a feeling such an elaborate metal cuirass would be impractical in battle, unless you were the type of general who stood on a cliff looking down on the battle.

Looking forward to more of your figures, and hopefully some great Gauls and Celts soon!

Back