Kaustic Plastik - NEW PRODUCTION PICTURES!! Praetorian Guard and Roman General!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, KP's romans are quite amazing figures.
Right now though, I'm looking forward to ACI's Pullo and Vorenus, I'm a big fan of HBO's Rome series.
I wonder when KP will show their Gauls.

I was excited for ACI Pullo and Vorenus but now I think they look so fake compared to the Kaustic Plastik stuff. By fake I mean not historically accurate.

Hi - I finally got my Lucius Aelius Seianus - Praetoriae Cohortes from Kaustic Plastik. It is an amazing figure. All the quality of the pieces is remarkable. Much better than anything else I have. I absolutely love this figure and will definitely buy any other Kaustic Plastik Romans that come out! I know that the owner of Kuastic Plastik sometimes looks as these threads, so here is a little criticisms to upgrade future releases: (1) the belt has little gold plates held on the belt by double sided sticky tape. The tape does not work and all of the plates fell off when I manipulated the belt, even gently. Using crazy glue does not work as the double sided tape seems to prevent the glue from sticking! (2) the plume on the helmet looks just okay (compared to the great quality of the rest). There must be some better material out there that more resembles horse hair/feathers than this.

Other than that it is a top quality figure. After getting this I just ordered the new general as well!

Here are some pictures. The pictures are terrible, so I apologize:

image_1.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fabio is aware of this issue.

He explained that it's because the belt is real leather, and that they cannot use superglue in the factory. The alternatives are using faux leather, or allowing the customer to superglue the plates themselves.

I voted for the latter, since real leather is a nice feature.

I agree with you. I would rather have no plates and real leather, rather than faux leather and metal plates. I will just super glue them myself. Any hints on how to make the plume look better? Cheers,

I know that the owner of Kuastic Plastik sometimes looks as these threads, so here is a little criticisms to upgrade future releases: (1) the belt has little gold plates held on the belt by double sided sticky tape. The tape does not work and all of the plates fell off when I manipulated the belt, even gently. Using crazy glue does not work as the double sided tape seems to prevent the glue from sticking! (2) the plume on the helmet looks just okay (compared to the great quality of the rest). There must be some better material out there that more resembles horse hair/feathers than this.

Hi mate, thank you for the suggestions and feedbacks.
About the belt we are still getting the feedbacks to decide what to do in the next production.
Using real leather and metal it's the best looking and realistic combo, but not easy to glue with the factory glue we use.
Using PVC belt it would help.. but it will look a bit "toy like"

About the plumes, in the years we tested several material, we different results..
Still didn't happy of the materials available around unfortunatelly. Expecially trying to simulate horse hairs.
But we will going on making experiments! :)

I got my Marcus Macrinus exclusive edition figure - once again an AMAZING figure from Kaustic Plastik. the quality of these figures is just amazing!

Does anyone who has this figure know a way to put the purple cloak on without having a bunch of red string bunched up in front of the figures chin? I do not put the helmet on, but when I put the cloak on, I need to lace up the string and it looks very unseemly on the figure.

Fabio - if you are reading this, for the Lucuis figure you had the cloak held together by a pin, which eliminates any need to tie the cloak shut. Please do this on your upcoming figures as it looks much better than cloaks that need to be tied shut.

Here are my pictures, which do not start to do justice to the awesomeness of this figure:

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Fabio - can you let us know what your next roman is? A hint at least?

Please give us bent or curved outward shield handles in the future . PLEASE !! I can't get my praetorian guard or my gladiator school figures to properly hold them .

Hey Kaustic Plastik - please provide a sneak of your next roman! Every time I look at my Kaustic Plastik figures I am blown away by their amazing quality and I need more!!! More Romans please.

Back