Kaustic Plastik : Conan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I was able to follow this . Really happy with this set on the m34. The advice earlier to heat the steel peg to pop the head on was a life saver as well.
no problem. With the head i just used a bit of force and it popped on. I like the M35 so that's what I'm using. Definitely want Dario work done on the sculpt.

After trying out a few different bodies I broke down and bought my first M34 Muscular body.
I have to admit I really like it. I was quite judgemental about it based on photos and didn't like how it looked when posed in extreme poses.
I still don't like the extreme pose look but the quality of this thing is unreal and the joints are smooth and tight.
It looks great with Conan.
My apologies for my previous comments about these looking bad.

After trying out a few different bodies I broke down and bought my first M34 Muscular body.
I have to admit I really like it. I was quite judgemental about it based on photos and didn't like how it looked when posed in extreme poses.
I still don't like the extreme pose look but the quality of this thing is unreal and the joints are smooth and tight.

Welcome to the COOL group! Glad to have ya.

I made a proper wheel of pain necklace and also weathered the shirt.
20191004_214659-01.jpg

You chose wisely. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great news:
When I first inspected the sword, it looked like the blade portion was painted with metallic steel paint. It had a sort of 'glittery' aspect that we all see in items that are painted (unconvincingly) to look like metal. It looked so much like metallic paint, I thought I would be stuck with it forever, and I didn't like that at all. I know the whole thing is die-cast metal, but judging by the painted-steel look, I presumed the bronze hilt and pommel was the actual color of the whole casting, and the blade had been painted. (it's a one-piece casting)

I WAS WRONG!
I reluctantly and carefully started to polish a small area of the blade with metal polishing paste, and... SHAZAM!!! It can be polished to a 'steel' mirror-finish. I used cotton swabs and heavy paper towels, and it worked fantastically well, all the way up to the rune engraving, right up to the hilt. The polishing paste seemed to have no affect on the bronze portions of the sword at all. It's the hilt and pommel that have been painted bronze, and very nicely too.

I'm going to do the same with the metal dagger later... I'm a happy Cimmerian.

0011677_metal-glo_550.jpeg

KIMG0643.JPG

KIMG0641.JPG

Last edited:
was the Kaustic Plastik Rocky thread deleted? i can not seem to find it. Just got tracking for it, should be here soon

This is so frustrating; I bought both the Mr Toys set and the Kaustik Plastic set, intending to use different bits and pieces to make a 'Conan the Destroyer' first, then a 'Conan the Barbarian' version later. (in a different costume than the upcoming Chronicle suit)

The Mr Toys head doesn't look like Arnold at all, but I like the rooted hair on it. The Kaustik Plastik head really does look like Arnold, but it has weird sculpted hair that I don't like. SO: My idea is to sacrifice the Mr Toys head by removing its hair, and put it on the Kaustik Plastic head. That way, I can have the rooted hair on the better likeness of Arnold. Also, the Kaustic Plastik headband is far superior to the Mr Toys version, which is a piece of garbage. So naturally I want to use the KP headband so it's removable, but...
Not so fast!

The Kaustic Plastik headband is mounted onto the head sculpt with a 'trench' cut into the head... What??? I really wish they hadn't done that... Now, in order to make the head I want, I will need to do the following:

1) remove the KP headband (done)
2) cut off the insert tabs on the inside of the KP headband and make the band thinner inside (easy, with my Dremel)
3) fill-in the 'trench' in the KP sculpt so the newly-built forehead is seamless to the eye (NOT so easy)
4) remove the hair piece from the Mr Toys head (done)
5) modify the KP head so the new hair piece will fit on, making the new hairline at the top invisible (NOT easy)

All this just to get a head that actually looks like Arnold, has rooted hair, and makes the better KP headband removable..... not looking forward to doing this mod...

UPDATE:
I succeeded in removing the Mr Toys wig from the head. Fortunately, the hair is secured on the inside so it didn't come loose in the process. Now I can see exactly how the rear and top of the KP head needs to be re-shaped in order to receive the Mr Toys wig...
Before I can install the wig, I need to fill-in the new forehead. I'm probably going to do that by building up layers of (fully dried) acrylic paint in the trench, one layer at a time, then lightly sand and polish.

I think this is going to work!

KIMG0647.JPG

KIMG0645.JPG

Last edited:
Back