Kato Malcolm Reynolds Browncoat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand totally what 8th is saying but I do wonder if there is a language barrier here, I genuinely don't believe Kato is intentionally being rude I just think perhaps these are the only words he knows :dunno

I understand totally what 8th is saying but I do wonder if there is a language barrier here, I genuinely don't believe Kato is intentionally being rude I just think perhaps these are the only words he knows :dunno

Yes, I think that is a big issue that is driving the miscommunication. Like what I said, if Kato said the same thing in a different way, noone would complain and in fact people would realize he is being good to his customers by being open with all the information and options.

It's totally a language barrier. All Kato wants to do is please us and do the best work he can so that we are all happy. I have never considered him being rude to us. I really don't understand why people are flaming in this thread when they have no intention of getting a browncoat.

It's totally a language barrier. All Kato wants to do is please us and do the best work he can so that we are all happy. I have never considered him being rude to us. I really don't understand why people are flaming in this thread when they have no intention of getting a browncoat.

Thx for yr fully understaning buddy!:1-1:

Just like Joker vest...even though I hv bought all the lining, I just threw it away and bought a new one with strip pattern when I suddenly found a better one by chance.

If I can get any better opinion... I will use it with no doubt ( unless the cost is unaffordable to me...:rotfl)

no intention to flame, dude. sorry you saw it that way. my post was intended for the better of the board, as i know a few people who have thought kato's comments to be almost obnoxious. even with problems in the language, the way kato says things sometimes shows unnecessary frustration. obviously different peoples' interpretation of his posts are different, as is the nature of the internet.

i apologized already in my 1st post, but i posted this in this particularly thread because this is the last post i saw by kato that was in that manner and i wanted to say something, even though i have no stake in this particular project. i feel what i said was constructive and put what i had to say politely. if you think that's flaming, then we have different views on flaming too.

Just for the record Maz I didnt see that you were flaming, I liked your post but to me imo Kato is just struggling with language, I really genuinely believe he is not a rude person

no intention to flame, dude. sorry you saw it that way. my post was intended for the better of the board, as i know a few people who have thought kato's comments to be almost obnoxious. even with problems in the language, the way kato says things sometimes shows unnecessary frustration. obviously different peoples' interpretation of his posts are different, as is the nature of the internet.

i apologized already in my 1st post, but i posted this in this particularly thread because this is the last post i saw by kato that was in that manner and i wanted to say something, even though i have no stake in this particular project. i feel what i said was constructive and put what i had to say politely. if you think that's flaming, then we have different views on flaming too.

I am ok buddy!

You are my good customer as well!:1-1::wave

You will be happy after getting my Bruce shirt + tie soon!

Just for the record Maz I didnt see that you were flaming, I liked your post but to me imo Kato is just struggling with language I really genuinely believe he is not a rude person

that could very well be the case. but i was a little bit worried for the joker clothing guys when he threatened to cancel :lol that was action rather than words.

but with kato's post, i see where the language thing comes in - he wants to make sure people are satisfied in this case. not saying he won't take input.

that could very well be the case. but i was a little bit worried for the joker clothing guys when he threatened to cancel :lol that was action rather than words.

but with kato's post, i see where the language thing comes in - he wants to make sure people are satisfied in this case. not saying he won't take input.

Yes I was a little worried hahaha but like you say its all about perfection for Kato and I just can't knock him for that

Glad to see these issues getting some air. I think the material looks good!

It's cool buddy. We're good. I think I'm just paranoid that with too much negativity, we won't get a Kato Browncoat. :lol After reading yoru posts again, I can see it as more constructive than flaming.

So back to the material itself: The two colors/finishes for the main part of the coat and the trim look good to me. I never realized it might just be the rough and smooth sides of the same leather. Anyway, unless someone puts it side by side with a screen cap, I don't think anyone will be saying the color's not quite right. They'll be too busy marveling over how perfectly the whole thing hangs, at the tiny stitching that is so even, and so forth.

I thinkthe material looks great!

Even though I'm new here I didn't take anything Kato said as being rude. I have delt with many people from different cultures who don't speak english as their first language and learned long ago that sometimes people just don't have the knowledge of the language and our culture to know what words to use. In some cultures being very dirrect and leaving out appologetic words is considered the highest form of respect. Flowery words are reserved for strangers, while blunt words reserved for those closest to the speaker. It is actually considered an offense to speak anything but directly and bluntly to those you care about.

I don't know if that is the case with Kato. The point is different cultures have different ways of communicating. And you can't expect anyone who doesn't speak fluently to know all the nuiances of any language. So basically you need to give people the benefit of the doubt at all times. Especially when you are reading their words because it is hard to write so that emotions come across.

Hi..

To avoid misunderstanding, I would like to clarify that I will only make the leather coat

It is because I just read clearly that the first page is written like that : Once done, Kato will mail all the coats & shirts to me, and I will then mail them out to the respective customers

Also the estimated price USD200~230 is only for the real leather coat, not including the shirt.

Kato

Back