Kato Malcolm Reynolds Browncoat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

Of course. I talked to Kato about this myself, and basically he told me that the reason it is going to cost so much is because of the material he is using. It is genuine suede leather, and to make it look correct on so small of a scale it is a special material that is quite expensive. This, plus all of the effort it takes to make this look flawless on 1/6 scale push the price to the point that it is at now.

Let me know if you would like to be added to the list or if you have any more questions. :wave

Sounds like he'll be trying for suede the weight of glove leather, like he used for the Indy jacket. If so, it will hang very differently than microfiber. Cool.

:yess: This. Will. Rock.

Kato's work doesn't get quicker the more pieces he makes. He's still got to make them one by one. And his eye for detail...well, he's been a 1:1 tailor, so he knows what he's looking at.

Your guys' customs are going to be knock-outs with Kato tailoring. You've already got the grade A sculpt covered. Really happy that Kato is on this board and able to provide premium tailoring which is usually the bane of 1/6 customs.

His Dexter project, Indy project, Bruce Wayne shirt & tie, are all paid direct to him, no "wrangler."

I believe he manages those threads on his own though. His Tyler Durden and Joker projects are both dealt with using a 'wrangler'.

And good luck with this! I'll be lurking in it often.

Don't know about Joker but the Tyler one is because Ray came up with the design and it's a joint project with Kato.

His Dexter project, Indy project, Bruce Wayne shirt & tie, are all paid direct to him, no "wrangler."

It is because they are my own personal project and they are my favour. I provide them even though the selling qty may less than 20pcs. (e.g. I sold 5pcs in bond's shirt project only)

I hv rejected some inquiries of project which is not my favor, even if the order qty is over 20pcs

I dont think it is unrealistic to get 20 people. We are only a handful short. We just have to let alot of people know about this.

In order to save our time and avoid any trouble later, I would like to clarify that this is the best and only available color of the leather .

If anyone think that the color or texture is not satisfactory, pls kindly just skip it.

I won't/can't accept any suggestion or idea about the material, since it is beyond my ability to find the better one.

(If you can provide the the right leather with right color in 0.3~0.4mm thicknes and all other people think it is ok, I am ok to use it )

Thx for kind attention.

Kato
CIMG2530.jpg

Last edited:
In order to save our time and avoid any trouble later, I would like to clarify that this is the best and only available color of the leather .

If anyone think that the color or texture is not satisfactory, pls just skip it and forget this project.

I won't/can't accept any suggestion or idea about the material

Thx for kind attention.

Kato

WOW that is pretty rude there :slap

Pls ntd that it is not easy to get the right leather in right thickness, qlty and color. It is even much harder to get the right fabric.

Yes! It seems rude but I think it is necessary. Otherwise it will arouse another unhappy case

Last edited:

i thinks it's becoming a common pattern.

kato - i don't mean any offence, but i think you need to show your customers the same respect they're showing you. and they are showing your respect by paying up to $230 for this one item of 1/6 clothing. i think for that amount you should be more open to suggestions and not dismiss people as idiots. i know what you'll say - if they don't like it, they can skip it. that's a pretty ____ty attitude, and it shows a distinct lack of humility. and every artist should start with humility.

i'm sorry to chime in here when i have no interest in the coat (sorry to the customers) but i've noticed a pattern of rudeness developing across a lot of the customs threads, and nobody says anything because they'd rather have custom items than be treated with a bit of respect.

i thinks it's becoming a common pattern.

kato - i don't mean any offence, but i think you need to show your customers the same respect they're showing you. and they are showing your respect by paying up to $230 for this one item of 1/6 clothing. i think for that amount you should be more open to suggestions and not dismiss people as idiots. i know what you'll say - if they don't like it, they can skip it. that's a pretty ____ty attitude, and it shows a distinct lack of humility. and every artist should start with humility.

i'm sorry to chime in here when i have no interest in the coat (sorry to the customers) but i've noticed a pattern of rudeness developing across a lot of the customs threads, and nobody says anything because they'd rather have custom items than be treated with a bit of respect.

Thx for yr comment!:exactly:

It seems you misunderstand what I mean, I would like to make everything clear whatever my ability, my source of fabric ...etc.

I just don't want any people disappointed after they hv add their name on the list and finally find out this is not what thay want and I am unable to provide what they want. It will save the time of each parties!

I will show my respect on my final work and they will feel my repsect when they get it. Not just by words only!:wave

i honestly don't mean to offend you, kato, i just speak from the heart. i don't know anyone who isn't satisfied with your work once they have it. it is great. but a big part of the enjoyment of a custom figure (for me at least) is the process of creating it i.e. dealing with the customizers, making suggestions, having ideas together and both being passionate about what you're doing.

i know it's hard work sometimes dealing with requests where everyone has a different idea, and no matter how hard you work people aren't satisfied. but threatening to cancel a project etc. because of that (i.e. joker thread), just makes people fearful, and they can't enjoy the process anymore. not sure if that makes sense.

i know you only want to create the best stuff, and everyone is confident you will. i just hope you're enjoying yourself doing it too. sometimes it sounds like you're more frustrated and angry than enjoying it, and as a customer i would rather have a product someone has really loved making. it's like cake - cakes made with love always taste better :lol

Good post eightsamurai

I can understand the perspectives here, I think what Kato is trying to say that given the resources he has and the suppliers he knows, this is the only suitable leather colour available which is also the right thickness. And he is putting that out there up front so everyone is aware of his limitations.

Of course, if someone can find an alternate, better colour, with the same thickness, then he is prepared to use that if he is provided with it.

I think that is a fair message to put across - but at the same time, I think the manner of the communication could be better.

E.g - listen everyone, unfortunately this is the only suitable leather colour I am able to source - are you happy with it? And if not, can you help me find an alternative? <--- this would be a better way to go about it in my opinion, and people would step up and help to find any alternatives if available.

Latest posts

Back