Kato Malcolm Reynolds Browncoat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowX81

Super Freak
Reaction score
The extremly talented Kato E has agreed to do a run screen accurate Browncoat as worn by Malcolm Reynolds from the tv series Firefly and it's followup movie Serenity.

Group39.jpg

To get Kato to agree to this project, we need 20 people to sign on. I do not want to start collecting money until we have the list of these people, so at this point this thread is purely a means of finding out who would be seriously interested in purchasing one.

Right now Kato estimates price will be roughly 200~230 USD.

PreOrder Money will need to be paid UP FRONT as a deposit, to me, and I will pass it on to Kato (Kato only deals with one customer - so i've volunteered to manage this project).

Please note:
Kato's clothing is tailored for the Hottoys TT ADVANCED body, therefore, it will not be a perfect fit on the narrow shoulder body.

Other Notes

All Pre-Order / Final Order payments are to be paid to ME, to my paypal address, [email protected]. I will collect all payment and send to Kato. Once done, Kato will mail all the coats & shirts to me, and I will then mail them out to the respective customers - shipping prices will be determined at cost, I am based in Connecticut, USA.

So sign up now, and don't miss your chance to own what is sure to be one phenominal item!

Those Interested
1. Mighty_Jabba
2. rhboyd
3. ShadowX81
4. zombierider
5. MarfMaster
6. darthviper107
7. Reinhardt
8. koipond
9. Gruff Old Bear
10. tuck2197
11. thecapn
12. bobaflint
13. LordAzrael
14. Darklord Dave
15. yodasan

coat01.jpg

Last edited:
Damn...and here I thought I was done with my Malcolm Reynolds...you can put me down!

PreOrder Money will need to be paid UP FRONT as a deposit, to me, and I will pass it on to Kato (Kato only deals with one customer - so i've volunteered to manage this project).

All Pre-Order / Final Order payments are to be paid to ME, to my paypal address, [email protected]. I will collect all payment and send to Kato. Once done, Kato will mail all the coats & shirts to me, and I will then mail them out to the respective customers - shipping prices will be determined at cost, I am based in Connecticut, USA.

This is a new setup for Kato, and while I understand why he'd prefer not to have the administration duties, I think it's probably causing more people to hesitate than have posted about it. When he eventually checks in here, if there's enough interest perhaps he'll reconsider. It does complicate things, and will increase shipping costs and delays, to have you serving as a middleman.

I dont know why it would be an issue for this one though. This is the way Kato always does buisness and its never been a problem before. In fact that whole part that you quoted I essentially copied and pasted from another thread that Kato gave me a link to as a refrence.

Last edited:
Hi
I'm interested but I'm curious as to why this is going to cost so much. The pictures that have been posted of Kato's past work are impressive but for another $100 you can buy a licensed Browncoat. I'd just would like to know more about this.

Back