Kash Kenobi's Customs and Collected SW Bash Mash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the mayhem! As for body. . . . I am at a loss. In one way, the Hasbro Ki Adi Mundi would be good - if you left his head on, the shape might work. This will be an incredible feat. Kash - much respect.

Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

Right back atcha Rob! Barryo did a Chewbacca and I think he used a DC Direct body. That might work for Big A. Though he has such short stubby legs. I'm still trying to figure it out now. This is gonna be fun.

Mr. Bones, it is lovely to be typing with you once more. Mayhem is what is happening my friend.

Nice, dude. Long live the Mahem.

I resigned last Friday and started a new job today...I feel a million times better. Big risk, but it's about quality of life.

Time to get to building.

Right back atcha Rob! Barryo did a Chewbacca and I think he used a DC Direct body. That might work for Big A. Though he has such short stubby legs. I'm still trying to figure it out now. This is gonna be fun.

Good point on the legs. . . .and the arms are long and skinny just to make things even more non-conforming. Could you use wire inside to support the frame? You may have some serious hybrid kitbashing
ahead of you. I'll start looking at pics and see if any ideas come.

Nice, dude. Long live the Mahem.

I resigned last Friday and started a new job today...I feel a million times better. Big risk, but it's about quality of life.

Time to get to building.

I did the same thing 3 years ago Solo. Resigned from a solid career to start my own business - best move I ever made and quality of life is 1000 times better. Good luck!

I did the same thing 3 years ago Solo. Resigned from a solid career to start my own business - best move I ever made and quality of life is 1000 times better. Good luck!

Right on, CDN. Much appreciated. I didn't quite start my own gig this round, but I did make a much better move to control my future and be in better control of my marketability. I'm much, much happier.

Now, back to Kash's customs. Whose got a list of all the customs for the cantina? How do you guys even get there? It's insane.

Hey Solo,

The cantina/jabba aliens that I am aware of are as follows (apologies to anyone or anything I miss).

Enaud is in the lead with the following:

Nein Numb
Klaatu w/ Wooof and or Klaatu style helmet
Barada
Ree Yees
Bom Vindom
Mosep Bineed
Pons Limbic
Trinto Duaba
Myo
Elis Helrot
Kabe
Takeel
Mii'yoom Onith
Nabrun Leids
Dr. Evazan
Duros
Wuher
Nikto
Tzizvvt
Solomahal
Gonk Droid
And on the way
Tessek
Feltipern Trevagg

Jessica has done two
Djas Purr
Labria
And I believe she is still working on Lak (wolfman)

Nathan has done two as well
Ishi Tibb
Hem Dazon

And finally Kash (hope you don't mind us using your thread for this Mr. Kenobi)
Who thus far is the biggest sculpt (J'Quille if you don't include Duane's Gonk I suppose :))
I know Kash also did the Tonnikas too (not sure if you ever shared the final product come to think of it?) a while back as well - but that was his custom and was not offered (Kind of like Duane's Muftak).

So all and all an amazing community (yourself included Bones) on here.

As for how. . . Most have likely much more skill, attention to detail and professional tools than I do (yes I am talking you you Chaka, Darkness Predator and several others)
So I am no expert. And hardly compare to those I have mentioned. But this is what I do.
I work on the cheap for sure, recycling old Hasbro bodies costumes etc. And using dollar store paint and brushes. The beauty of all of the sculps is that 1) they are amazingly done so even an amateur like me can pull off J'Quille (as an example) 2) they are quite fairly priced 3) if you mess them up, they are easily washed and repainted.

Overall I highly recommend this hobby - loads of fun.

Sorry for the long post - I look forward to seeing more of your stuff (that moisture vaporator was brilliant).

Not at all Rob! It's great to see what's out there so I can fawn over what I don't have...

I also did a Nikto (not as boss as Duane's), Also the Tonnika sisters were done by the incomparable Darth I'M Poor.

I'd like to add that I got Jessica's and Nathan's sculpts in the same week and it felt like it was like my 10th birthday! Double digits!!!

Super cool. Thanks for taking the time to share all of that info, CDN. I appreciate it, brother. The stuff Kash is doing, you and all the others makes you want to learn about sculpting. Seems like a real talent. Dio's are one thing...but sculpting....da@#!

I think it's only a matter of time before we turn that shaping room under the house into a little art center, where my wife's son and I can create. I got him into SW, but he's a lego's junkie.

Looking forward to seeing Nathan's sculpts this week.

Solo for what it's worth, Moisture Vaporator is not "just" a dio in my opinion. It is a sixth scale prop replica and hard to pull off on it's own right. I don't sculpt either. . . . But if I did (or ever get the guts) I would give Dice Ibergon and Yak Face a go. These two seem to be one's notoriously absent at this point.

If sideshow ever made a moisture vaporator, my bet is they would charge $40-$60 each.

And Kash - found this online - thought it might put things into perspective for Amanaman.

Yeah Rob! That does help! I'm thinking of using this material called Flex foam for the hands and head. That way they can be huge and not weighed down too much.

Amanaman !!! I freakin love that guy!!!

If you make it even as a statue ill be interested !!!

Amanaman !!! I freakin love that guy!!!

If you make it even as a statue ill be interested !!!

I think that'd actually be the best route to go about building this guy. Design one large armature for the Head, Main Body, and his weird lil' knock-knee legs. :lol After casting you could make openings for ball/or peg-joints at the shoulders, and then figure out how to make some arms w/ basic articulation. Amanaman is one of those characters (imo) whose design doesn't lend itself to a lot of articulation, considering head and torso are one and the same, and his legs are so disproportionate to his body his center of gravity is way off. So the arms are where the bulk of articulation should be. Sorry, didn't mean to dictate terms there. :lol That's just my two cents on the matter.

I think that'd actually be the best route to go about building this guy. Design one large armature for the Head, Main Body, and his weird lil' knock-knee legs. :lol After casting you could make openings for ball/or peg-joints at the shoulders, and then figure out how to make some arms w/ basic articulation. Amanaman is one of those characters (imo) whose design doesn't lend itself to a lot of articulation, considering head and torso are one and the same, and his legs are so disproportionate to his body his center of gravity is way off. So the arms are where the bulk of articulation should be. Sorry, didn't mean to dictate terms there. :lol That's just my two cents on the matter.

Yeah. . .the Hasbro figure is not that "articulate" at all. You could always make him latex all the way through and then use wire inside to make him "ultra articulating". :p
On second thought - then you would be less likely to offer him up for the rest of us freaks. Scratch that. Have not seen Mr. ENAUD on the forums in quite some time (Duane if you are out there - hope you are OK) would love to get his thoughts on this one.

Hey guys. I have to get out of the hobby for a bit due to financial constraints. (big time frowny face)I'm selling my collection. Hit me up if interested. This includes J'Quille, my Niktos, Rodians, my custom Sandtroopers (Sand & Magma), and a ton of SW figures. Contact me for more info.

Kash,

That is crap news for sure, I go through that often...
Hope things improve on your end, you're a talent!

Best,
Nathan

Hey guys. I have to get out of the hobby for a bit due to financial constraints. (big time frowny face)I'm selling my collection. Hit me up if interested. This includes J'Quille, my Niktos, Rodians, my custom Sandtroopers (Sand & Magma), and a ton of SW figures. Contact me for more info.

Damn Kash , that's pretty crappy news . Finances have really put a crimp on my 1/6 activities so far this year , but it's not so bad that I have to sell up . Hope things take an upturn for you .:(

Back