Kaiyodo Revoltech figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Batman. :D

Maybe it's not a coincidence I love both ;)

image.jpg

Interesting too mcquarrie's version had a scalloped cape just like bats....
image.jpg

One of the very small misses on the Koto McQuarrie Vader

I'm surprised they missed that as it was one of the most obvious marks, but if wonder if it is so common having seen it in batman that it didn't make an impression....

Vader is almost same height as black series....thought it was much shorter, but they are almost same height....
The black series is perhaps 1/16" taller

image.jpg

The right and left panels can be carefully popped off and a cloth cape can definitely be added.....
The herocross figures like batman have both a plastic and cloth cape...they should've given us the option.

The black dome looks better on the Revoltech than it does on the black figure...black figures face is huge.

The black dome looks better on the Revoltech than it does on the black figure...black figures face is huge.

I figured that would be the case. Which dome looks better on the revoltech? The stock revoltech dome is the only part of the figure I am not sure about and would love a more accurate replacement.

I figured that would be the case. Which dome looks better on the revoltech? The stock revoltech dome is the only part of the figure I am not sure about and would love a more accurate replacement.

The revo dome is still better since the black dome is lacking in cranium size overall...and it's just a narrow shape...
Really the only thing the revo dome is guilty of ( same as it's 1/6 ancestor from the vinyl kit) is a long dome skirt.

Many folks think the dome of vader is long, but actually it's only cuz half the time it overlaps his shoulders when he looks up or when the helmet is sitting low on the shoulders. There are even prop makers who've extended the dome skirt, but its an impression a lot of folks have....(kind of like how most folks think vader said, "Luke, I am your father" - a misquote since the line is," No. I am your father."

Just got the Revoltech Vader. Stylized or not, so far this is the most fun and best shelf presence in this scale. All those annoying Revo joints involve a learning curve, but this is honestly very well done. If I want realism I'll look for it in 1/6.

5950408d066c82850596953e8d1379b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the Revoltech Vader. Stylized or not, so far this is the most fun and best shelf presence in this scale. All those annoying Revo joints involve a learning curve, but this is honestly very well done. If I want realism I'll look for it in 1/6.

5950408d066c82850596953e8d1379b4.jpg

Perhaps Vader should look to his right...:wink1:

The Probot wants to pinch Vader, to be sure such thing like his cape is for real...

LOL...yeah, the cape is crazy. The figure in general looks more like anime, which is why I like it. Not sure if it'll wind up into permanent collection, but like I said, a lot of fun once you adjust to posing eighteen different interactive joints or however many it is.

Be interesting to see how they look in-hand with Vader.

(Snapped here with a Bandai kit).

e7a02262d7d5aa920bbcd14f5c59df17.jpg

Revoltech Stormtrooper review by D Amazing :) I like them!!!

[snip video review]

Those turned out better than I thought. Out of curiosity I put three on pre-order a while back and they should arrive on Monday...between these and the stylized Vader it looks like a bit of a surprise hit.

I like the anime influence and there's a lot of life in the sculpts. There is a gestural, "illustrated" quality to the lines.

The build quality is decent, paints are pretty sharp.

Revoltech joints are tedious and irritating at first but there's a payoff in terms of "life" and shelf-presence once you get used to them.

Board members who actually read my lengthy posts :rotfl will recall that I'm obsessed with curating (I use that word a lot) a small and tightly edited collection of pop cultural references and so far these seem to fit.

What I really like is that they reference the source material but clearly exist outside of it as well. Does that make any sense? Any other gratuitously overthinking designers in here? ;)

Back