KAI STUDIO - Underworld Selene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: KAI STUDIO - Underworld Selene Head Sculpt (WIP)

That's not the Wildworks , but a set from VB Toys. I bought a set. Only thing really worth the money is the corset. Nice detailed, close fitting, looks good. Head sucks, guns are SS Tomb Raider recasts (and inaccurate for Selene) and the boots are ugly (SS Assajj Ventress boots are better).

So you'll have to decide if 50$ is too much for a nice corset. :wink1:

Lord Vicious said:
That's not the Wildworks , but a set from VB Toys
I know. I should have made it clearer in my post that I was responding to the question in Mookeylama's post. :D
(I've gone for the Wildworks version as a startpoint for my Selene figure).

I think the Wildworks Corset and Catsuit look great. All you'd need really, it's what Kai used.

The boots need help though... Not sure about the fit of the coat either.

I think the Wildworks Corset and Catsuit look great. All you'd need really, it's what Kai used.

The boots need help though... Not sure about the fit of the coat either.

I've read on other forums the catsuit isn't that good, but Triad still has theirs.

I've read on other forums the catsuit isn't that good, but Triad still has theirs.

It's true, that single ply 2-way stretch catsuit blows that comes
with that set. It will prema-crease right away.
I've tried many and still find the best catsuit is the 4-way stretch one that Triad has.
Last time I looked they were still available on ebay and Triads site.

Looks like theres a slight delay due to an upcoming action figures exhibition.
He has finished all the casting, only painting left to do.

works.jpg

https://kai-studio.blogspot.com/2010/10/vampire.html

Looks like the new shipping date would be around November. Im sure you guys will receive them before Christmas :)

woah, very good.. looks just like her.. looks like some of the willow wax he is using to sculpt it with.. I love the stuff... very nice!

Looks like theres a slight delay due to an upcoming action figures exhibition.
He has finished all the casting, only painting left to do.

works.jpg

https://kai-studio.blogspot.com/2010/10/vampire.html

Looks like the new shipping date would be around November. Im sure you guys will receive them before Christmas :)

Dang it, I hate waiting.

What, you mean Kai can't paint and assemble them while
he's at the figure exhibition. Yes, what a great idea. He can
get a booth and use it as a tutorial...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm planning on using the Triad catsuit and Wildwork clothing for my Selene figure, but any suggestions on which body would be the best to use? Is the Wildwork body ok? (I have one on the way, but not in hand yet).

was messing around with this yesterday I really like the wildwork clatsuit but it just does not fit on an Eva or HT body. the wildwork body is awful.

The wildwork corset is really nice, the boots are bad but I know with some work it will be nice.

The coat has accurate stitching but it is also jut frikkin awful.

What I want to know is what KAI did??? His body, catsuit and especially coat is what I want to know. I think he had the coat made, I wonder if the guy who did that will be willing to make more for us.

As it stands right now the only killer Selene I've seen comes from Kai... would love to know what he did

Thanks for the info RF. Scratch any plans on using the Wildwork body then. :lol
I knew the boots would need some work, but was hoping the coat would be ok. It'll have to do, unless/until someone produces a better one for sale.

What I want to know is what KAI did??? His body, catsuit and especially coat is what I want to know. I think he had the coat made, I wonder if the guy who did that will be willing to make more for us.

Kai's coat actually looks like an older Triad leather coat with the
collar tacked down. Then the Wildworks corset and catsuit, which
I agree, sucks big time.

Have you tried Triad's catsuit? I think it's far superior to the
cheesy wildworks one.

As it stands right now the only killer Selene I've seen comes from Kai... would love to know what he did

Really? Have you not seen this thread, I think that one is pretty darn good and it lists how it's made...:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81119

Back