KAI STUDIO - Underworld Selene

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great ebay find, mightyq! :)
I've had mine for a while now and am still "in awe of the likeness, the paint, just really everything". I wouldn't sell mine either. :D
Hopefully someone else will come through for those searching for their perfect Selene head.

hi guys,
i seen this post and was surprised to see i finaly did something right on ebay for once, :), i bought her about 2 1/2 months ago, the seller said all the same things that are being said on here, very rare, one of 15, once in a lifetime, all that jazz, i really had no idea if it was the truth or not?, but what i did know was that it was the absolute best damn "selene" i had ever seen!!!! i set a very big snipe, of course i won it, if the price was appropiate i don't know, but i am extremely happy to own this...and now i feel validated in some way ...lol...... 3 friends have tried to buy her already :), not going to happen.....well i wish any of you luck looking for her.....if you do get lucky and get one you will be in awe of the likeness, the paint, just really everything......oh, and the seller was correct of course about everything, why she didnt get more bid's who know's? didnt go cheap though....for the curious...over $300..

034-6.jpg

Lucky indeed. How about a few more pictures of the whole figure for the thread. Love to see more.

hi guys,
i seen this post and was surprised to see i finaly did something right on ebay for once, :), i bought her about 2 1/2 months ago, the seller said all the same things that are being said on here, very rare, one of 15, once in a lifetime, all that jazz, i really had no idea if it was the truth or not?, but what i did know was that it was the absolute best damn "selene" i had ever seen!!!! i set a very big snipe, of course i won it, if the price was appropiate i don't know, but i am extremely happy to own this...and now i feel validated in some way ...lol...... 3 friends have tried to buy her already :), not going to happen.....well i wish any of you luck looking for her.....if you do get lucky and get one you will be in awe of the likeness, the paint, just really everything......oh, and the seller was correct of course about everything, why she didnt get more bid's who know's? didnt go cheap though....for the curious...over $300..

034-6.jpg

Hey, I know that Selene...I was the one who put it together and sold it LOL!!

It was a great peice but I decided to streamline my collection. I had tons of fun putting it together and spent a pretty penny. I was happy with the final bid as my costs were covered +. I'd say the price was appropriate for the materials and extras I used for it. There was a guy hounding me for that thing...I thought for sure he would win it.

I do miss her but glad she found a good home. She needed her own shelf but I didn't have the space. If I ever get a second chance at that sculpt, I would probably pounce on it and build another. It is beautiful.

By the way, I'm a dude LOL!! As well, I never got feedback from you so I always wondered if the buyer was happy with it.

I to would love seeing Trevor give Selene a try.

I also noticed that WGP is going to do one as well, so that
could be something very good.

I'm also going to see if my sculptor would do another version
of our first Selene head.

So we could have a few choices of Selene heads from different
artists.

I hope someone does her justice, the outfits and accessories from the two coming out are amazing, the headsculpts...notsomuch.:dunno

hi guys,

034-6.jpg

I think he meant Selene when he said 'she'.

appologize ultra, i thought i left you feed for her?? my bad.....yeah , you did a great job my friend!!!! you were dead on with your description of her thats for sure.......want to hear something funny, well not really funny...but that day i got about 7 packages....i had figures, toys, accessories, etc all over the place, bubble wrap, peanuts, paper rolled up, and i was getting it all together to throw out, i scooped up all the crap and filled up a black hefy garbage bag, thats how muck stuff i had...i throw it out..come back to my pile of goodies and notice selene has no head??? i'm in a panick...right away i think one of my 9 lb. ____zu's has her head...i go running for the dog's...perform an autopsy on each one and they are clean....no sculpt...:slap...now i'm confused....i cant check the box because i had already cut up all the cardboard and taped it up.....i remember you saying in the auction the head was not secure.....ahha...i go back out empty all the garbage and.....no head...:thud:.....2 seconds later....:panic: sets in.......my wife had just brought me home mcdonalds, a big mac, with extra cheese...yumm, i lose my appetite..for a man to lose his appetite over a big mac with extra cheese you know he is sick to his stomach...:(........i tell my wife....she does what she usualy does with this stuff anyhow, she rolls her eyes and tells me to get a life...:rotfl.....i gather myself and start to think...:lecture......when did i see it last..?? as soon as i start to back track my 4 year old comes over and asks "daddy what color do you want your pretty dolls head" do you want blond hair or red hair..i'm going to paint her nice and pretty!!!.and she shows me """selene"""....i snatch the sculpt like a american eagle with 5 inch talon's....i give her a kiss..:love......and we are now living a happy and healthy marriage..:1-1:................

appologize ultra, i thought i left you feed for her?? my bad.....yeah , you did a great job my friend!!!! you were dead on with your description of her thats for sure.......want to hear something funny, well not really funny...but that day i got about 7 packages....i had figures, toys, accessories, etc all over the place, bubble wrap, peanuts, paper rolled up, and i was getting it all together to throw out, i scooped up all the crap and filled up a black hefy garbage bag, thats how muck stuff i had...i throw it out..come back to my pile of goodies and notice selene has no head??? i'm in a panick...right away i think one of my 9 lb. ____zu's has her head...i go running for the dog's...perform an autopsy on each one and they are clean....no sculpt...:slap...now i'm confused....i cant check the box because i had already cut up all the cardboard and taped it up.....i remember you saying in the auction the head was not secure.....ahha...i go back out empty all the garbage and.....no head...:thud:.....2 seconds later....:panic: sets in.......my wife had just brought me home mcdonalds, a big mac, with extra cheese...yumm, i lose my appetite..for a man to lose his appetite over a big mac with extra cheese you know he is sick to his stomach...:(........i tell my wife....she does what she usualy does with this stuff anyhow, she rolls her eyes and tells me to get a life...:rotfl.....i gather myself and start to think...:lecture......when did i see it last..?? as soon as i start to back track my 4 year old comes over and asks "daddy what color do you want your pretty dolls head" do you want blond hair or red hair..i'm going to paint her nice and pretty!!!.and she shows me """selene"""....i snatch the sculpt like a american eagle with 5 inch talon's....i give her a kiss..:love......and we are now living a happy and healthy marriage..:1-1:................

LMAO that's great, made me smile to myself! Think I would have been close to having a heart attack :panic:

Back