Action Figure Kai Studio The Explorer Sculpt and Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably will have to get the hands also like i originally planned but ebay has them available, as someone got most of them on Toy Anxiety. Lmao

I see a lot of people have the new Worldbox body. Can anyone compare it to a TTM19 Wolverine type body? I always felt like that body never looked big enough in clothing, but the Worldbox body looks to have bigger arms and shoulders.

I see a lot of people have the new Worldbox body. Can anyone compare it to a TTM19 Wolverine type body? I always felt like that body never looked big enough in clothing, but the Worldbox body looks to have bigger arms and shoulders.

I feel the Worldbox AT016 has a very similar build to the TTM19 at least from the waist up. The biceps on the Worldbox might be slightly larger and more defined but only slightly and the shoulders are also a bit wider then the TTM19. What really set it apart is the finished and defined legs, and the shear weight of it. I find a lot of the TTM19 (and clone bodies like what CC Toys used on their Nathan) feel light and have a little looseness in the pelvis. Where if you grabbed it by the waist and gave it shake you would feel it jiggle where the leg and waist joints have some play. Where as the Worldbox body is extremely dense and solid and the joints are extremely tight. No jiggle and no looseness. Finally another stand out on all of Worldbox bodies that I absolutely love is their ankle peg system. Instead of the little ball joint (bar bell) system we are familiar with you have more of a true ankle joint. That is very tight and extremely strong. I currently have 12-13 Worldbox bodies in my collection and everyone is a strong and tight as the day they were bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the Worldbox AT016 has a very similar build to the TTM19 at least from the waist up. The biceps on the Worldbox might be slightly larger and more defined but only slightly and the shoulders are also a bit wider then the TTM19. What really set it apart is the finished and defined legs, and the shear weight of it. I find a lot of the TTM19 (and clone bodies like what CC Toys used on their Nathan) feel light and have a little looseness in the pelvis. Where if you grabbed it by the waist and gave it shake you would feel it jiggle where the leg and waist joints have some play. Where as the Worldbox body is extremely dense and solid and the joints are extremely tight. No jiggle and no looseness. Finally another stand out on all of Worldbox bodies that I absolutely love is their ankle peg system. Instead of the little ball joint (bar bell) system we are familiar with you have more of a true ankle joint. That is very tight and extremely strong. I currently have 12-13 Worldbox bodies in my collection and everyone is a strong and tight as the day they were bought.

I can honestly say once i get my worldbox body ( had my post not sent it to another state) gets here for the mean time I'm using a HT modded punisher body which thankfully is very stiff and not as loose, plus i prefer it as the pants fit better then what i have seen of the worldbox body as it seems the legs are longer then most bodies. Or the pants where done not as long. I imagine the CC_toys pants fit the worldbox body perfectly.

Thanks for the info. I've been using TTM19 bodies for a few of my Punisher bashes, and I'm just never satisfied with the physique. In clothing the shoulders seem way too narrow. I have an MMS220 Wolverine body, and the arms are tight but the legs and hips are so loose they would probably flop around. I have the big Worldbox body, the AT027 I think it is, and it's really dense and solid. I think I'll get one or two AT016 to try it out, it looks great in all the Nathan photos.

There's no question about it, Worldbox is making the most aesthetically solid, well built bodies on the market today outside HTs in-house parts.

Still curious to see this on vts body, I really like the upper body part. Not really muscular, but looks wide, just like Nate in U4. The Jxtoys body is good too. IMO it looked better than ttm19 or worldbox.

I always choose bodies carefully, a few factors have to be considered, such as neck size. I remember when I was putting together a Clark Kent figure I had originally used one of the muscular Ganghood bodies, but the neck was so small and stubby he looked like he was constantly shrugging. I switched to a HT Star Lord body that has a bigger neck, and the issue was solved.

I always choose bodies carefully, a few factors have to be considered, such as neck size. I remember when I was putting together a Clark Kent figure I had originally used one of the muscular Ganghood bodies, but the neck was so small and stubby he looked like he was constantly shrugging. I switched to a HT Star Lord body that has a bigger neck, and the issue was solved.
Depends on what outfit you have on a figure. Someone like Nate is not as big or muscular, he's more lean so a ttm19 works. If they have a collar on the shirt like a suit the body has to have a longer neck in order to accommodate the clothing.

I?m happy with my Nate.
231abc6533570efa82ef5d77aeff5f8c.jpg

Thought i share my Nate. I'm not done with him yet but will put it on hold for now. Still need a few things before i can say it's done. 20191028_110421.jpg20191028_110447.jpg20191028_110413.jpg20191028_110430.jpg

What body did you use?
It's a customized one I did. I used the HT punisher as a base. Removed the thigh extenders and switched the upper torso with HT quicksilver, then i switched out the forearms to the new worldbox AT016 that just came out. I also shaved the sides of the body down so the arms sat closer.

Hey chaps, I have the Kai Eleven set incoming and considering buying the worldbox at016 body....but....I have a spare DX05 hot toys indiana jones body lying about. Is the at016 basically the worldbox version of this hot toys body?

Don't want to spend the extra money if I'm basically buying the same thing.

Cheers!

Back