Action Figure Kai Studio The Explorer Sculpt and Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big thanks to Luisenigma1 who helped me out locating the last parts that I needed to finish my Nate! Thank you sir.

So, standard set up with the Kai outfit and the cctoys watch, pouch, torch and rope. The AK47 is from Uncharted 3 Sideshow Nate, but I have custom made a new strap for it. The figure is using a DX05 Indiana Jones body.

I have dyed the Kai top with a grey clothes dye. I did this as I wanted to darken the shirt a few shades and also mute the blue. I'm really pleased with how well it came out. I think the outfit is excellent, but the blue was far too "vibrant". I made the leather magnetic strap on Nates belt that holds the rope. The custom diorama stand I also made (modelled in clay and painted).

Nate now joins my custom "Rise of the Tomb Raider" Lara ("desert tanktop" outfit, consisitng of randomly sourced 1/6 clothing that I dyed to the correct colours, full repaint of the head to match a phicen body, painted the axes, made all of the leather goods myself from scratch, made the necklace, made the stand).....

Up next, when a new stand arrives for me to work off, are "Last of Us" Joel and Ellie.....then my "Playstation 4" fave character/games shelf will be complete!
Glad to have helped, he's looking pretty good now. The shirt looks great also well done bud.

My whole set up is for sale on eBay. Hate to part with him - but money is tight.

083866a9c93f7d31aec7fdc52ac6e44c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5a7a97cdf4f580905fb67a21312ff923.jpg

25637b675fc0dd3f9add8424a84233cc.jpg

0e8234109a1a9b782a1664523595339b.jpg

Anyone selling some of the cctoys parts? I?d love to make this figure feel a little more complete.

Finally managed to get a sculpt and get this guy on a body.
Fits right in with the others.
20200630_221239.jpg

Last edited:
I think I’m gonna get rid of my head and clothing set with a JX toys S01 if anyone is interested

Just checking- if anyone is interested in selling their full Kai Studio Nathan, I?ve been looking for one for a few weeks now. I got on this bandwagon late and now am kicking myself!

Nice thread, still need to find the time to make a diorama for this one :)

Just checking- if anyone is interested in selling their full Kai Studio Nathan, I?ve been looking for one for a few weeks now. I got on this bandwagon late and now am kicking myself!

Hey! Know this is a bit late, but I've got the full set, upgraded with some cctoys accessories and I'd be willing to let it go for about 200

What's the best body to use for this guy? I was using worldbox, but I think I jammed the neck socket way up into the head, and I'm not happy about that.

What's the best body to use for this guy? I was using worldbox, but I think I jammed the neck socket way up into the head, and I'm not happy about that.
As you can see from the photo above JX toys body is best for Nate. It's the one I have.

Back