Action Figure Kai Studio The Explorer Sculpt and Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to reweather the shirt because when i tried to dye it the paint i used to do it the first time had to come off when wet. But still isn't to hard dry brush is best.

I would also like to see some pics of the clothes weathered up, I'm still on the fence about buying the whole set since for me the CCToys clothes look better, but I really want that head sculpt and the holster, damn me and my first world problems!:lol

I would also like to see some pics of the clothes weathered up, I'm still on the fence about buying the whole set since for me the CCToys clothes look better, but I really want that head sculpt and the holster, damn me and my first world problems!:lol

I just ordered both the cctoys Nate and the Kai set. We’ll see what it all looks like in hand. I can’t wait to have a good UC4 Nate next to UC2 Nate. I’m down for a Sully if cc Toys continues

Here is an image. Not really good photos because they don't do the work i did justice. But definitely the pants are the best part and the holster. 20190330_110103.jpg

That looks really great. Glad I ordered. I think the fit of the shirt is better than cc toys but that blue still looks too light. A lot better though.
I wonder how long I’ll have to wait since I got the set with the HS as well..
Considering getting just the outfit too so I can get it in hand already haha

Alright so i decided to give the dye another go this time using hot boiled water. Let me just say it worked shirt is still damp so i had to leave it alone to dry as I'm on my way to work and didn't have time to dry it and put it on. 20190330_134225.jpg

Alright back home and got it on. It's definitely dark blue not navy but regardless alot better now. Also lighting isn't great and makes it appear light blue 20190330_202459.jpg

What I don't understand is I bought a UC4 set from Kai a couple yrs back and the sculpt and clothes are different from this and I don't know why??? Ring was just added for kicks.

20190331_051151.jpg

What I don't understand is I bought a UC4 set from Kai a couple yrs back and the sculpt and clothes are different from this and I don't know why??? Ring was just added for kicks.

View attachment 449081
I hope you know This was his first go at U4 nate. I actually had the same sculpt and clothes. I actually bought the clothes recently late last year when the CC_toys nate went up for preorder and kai mentioned to me he was doing a new outfit. He really has grown as an artist.

I hope you know This was his first go at U4 nate. I actually had the same sculpt and clothes. I actually bought the clothes recently late last year when the CC_toys nate went up for preorder and kai mentioned to me he was doing a new outfit. He really has grown as an artist.

Do you like his new set more. Based on what I have seen I like the older set more/am glad to have it. I wish he had a higher output as his Mushashi and Joel from yrs back were really good and unique for the time.

Alright back home and got it on. It's definitely dark blue not navy but regardless alot better now. Also lighting isn't great and makes it appear light blue View attachment 449054
Looks so much better, still there's something that irks me about the shirt, I don't know, maybe it'll grow on me if I end up getting the set, the holster really is the best part of this tho, that and the sculpt are really good, I just saw the CCToys sculpt and compared it to Kai's and his is so much better, that said I still want to see what the new CCToys sculpt looks like.

Do you like his new set more. Based on what I have seen I like the older set more/am glad to have it. I wish he had a higher output as his Mushashi and Joel from yrs back were really good and unique for the time.
I actually like both but i like the pants of the new set and shirt of the old. He put great work into both sets I'm glad we are seeing more work on Nate.

Dipped the shirt for a 3rd time in dye. This time it's finally perfect in color. Added some weathering. One day i will take a better photo of him complete. 20190403_182723.jpg

compared to CC & This, which one is better in terms of bang for bucks? i know sculpt wise the updated version looks better than CC and has more character in it, but since they are customs i would assume price is much higher?

ok just checked so full set without body is $75. but any reason folks going for Kai over CC or the other way round?

Just got the outfit. This is actually pretty good. Though its tight as hell on the ttm19. His legs are hindered a bit though it's fit and color are very accurate. The shirt is light blue but i believe it will look better weathered. The belt on the pants wasn't that great so i switched it out with a spare i had. Overall i can't wait for the sculpt and i might also buy a second outfit to keep clean whilr this one i will weather and possibly dye the shirt. View attachment 448615

are you using original TTM19 or the bootleg generic coz i believe the generic has some limitations on the arm & thighs that they can't close out together real close.

Also another thing i want to add later to my nate figure is HT John Wick hands due to the fact the left hands has a sculpted ring and nate in U4 wears his wedding ring. The plain hand with the single ring on the CC toys is alright but could have been better.

the ring can actually be done easily DIY (like what many makers use) cut it to size and wrap it around the ring finger they use some softer metal gold chrome.

You know that they say, great minds think alike! :lol Glad to hear it, I was gonna get the CCToys Nate anyway so I might as well improve upon it since the body is pretty good, now all I need is a custom base with some jungle plants and ruins and I'm all set! Why did you decide to not to the switch with the tony stark?

but the cost gonna shoot up nearly twice.

CC nate is $130 and Kai x Eleven set is $75, but if they sell the head, shoe & gun separately at lower price (which i assume won't go lower than $50), still expensive.

What Kai lacks are the ring hand and watch why they did not include them i don't know.

are you using original TTM19 or the bootleg generic coz i believe the generic has some limitations on the arm & thighs that they can't close out together real close.
I am using the original hot toys body with some mods. For me getting the CC Toys figure is best and getting the kai set is still good i prefer the kai outfit, sculpt with the CC gear. For the ring finger hand of course it's easy to get a ring on a few hands. But i prefer it to stay sculpted on with any issues the hands that come with JW do that. And come in specific gestures that most of the hands can't do with a metal ring. As far as getting the sculpt, shoes and gun seperate the cost is around $29 or so if you preordered the outfit seperate you get those items for that price. It's what you find best to use.

I am using the original hot toys body with some mods. For me getting the CC Toys figure is best and getting the kai set is still good i prefer the kai outfit, sculpt with the CC gear. For the ring finger hand of course it's easy to get a ring on a few hands. But i prefer it to stay sculpted on with any issues the hands that come with JW do that. And come in specific gestures that most of the hands can't do with a metal ring. As far as getting the sculpt, shoes and gun seperate the cost is around $29 or so if you preordered the outfit seperate you get those items for that price. It's what you find best to use.

but metal rings looks so much better than a molded one with metallic paint. only issue is the most ive seen are not full ring but half so they clip onto the fingers. but if the material is soft i'm sure you can achieve a full ring. shouldn't be an issue with the gestures. only hands i see a problem would be closed fist ones.

also possible to do a side by side comparison of the naked TT19 vs bootleg copy? i know there are differences especially the articulation but i'm curious why because i though the bootleg was a clone copy.

can the TT19 close out the arms close to the body, and can the thighs move close to each other? the bootleg always suffer from the wide arm & leg stance. arms blocked by the body rubber while legs it's the area near the joint blocking.

Back