JV's ROTK litho- FIRST LOOK!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you WoS!
I appreciate your enthusiasm :D
If I have any talent at all, it is because of Jesus to whom I give all the credit for, minus the mint sauce though ; )

Oh, and Pre-Buy I hope to have runnin' by early next week !!

JV

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I knew that ROTK would be great but this has exceeded all expectations!:joy This is a definite purchase for me - can't wait!

oh dear gawd! I'm astounded! Beautiful presentation. And you do it all with airbrushing? Unbelievable.

*wipes drool from keyboard*:blissy

seriously....I got goose-bumps with the video.

*drools some more....can get another keyboard*

Simply amazing. I cannot wait to have all three framed and displayed. Had a pain in the butt day and this was a nice end to it.

Just beautiful JV as we all knew it would be.:cool:

Thanks for another amazing piece of art one that has come at an excellent time with our exchange the best it has been in ages.

Hey Jerry sorry if you have previously mentioned it before but how long will you keep the pre-buy open for?Thanks. :D

:lol I know, I know. It's just space, or the lack of it. I would hate to buy it and just have it in a tube under the bed or whatever, that wouldn't be fair to a piece of art this good :eek:

Seriously though I am thinking about it. Maybe after i've got ROTK all framed up, we'll see :lol

Well, for me I only have hanging space for one also, which currently has TTT in the frame.
I now plan to get ROTK and FOTR and then every 9-12 months, I'll just cycle them through the frame, so it will almost be like getting a new print every 18-24 months as the cycle completes.

Well, for me I only have hanging space for one also, which currently has TTT in the frame.
I now plan to get ROTK and FOTR and then every 9-12 months, I'll just cycle them through the frame, so it will almost be like getting a new print every 18-24 months as the cycle completes.

Yeah I had thought of doing that, we'll see. It is a good idea though, should look good.

Just beautiful JV as we all knew it would be.:cool:

Thanks for another amazing piece of art one that has come at an excellent time with our exchange the best it has been in ages.

Hey Jerry sorry if you have previously mentioned it before but how long will you keep the pre-buy open for?Thanks. :D

Hey Matt, I'm not sure if a specific set amt. of time has been mentoned by Jerry but I did find this quote :

Dutchart said:
I can only guarantee your remarque when you "pre-buy" direct from me, which will be open for a short time, just before the actual launch . The next best thing after that would be to order your C.E. the normal way through PayPal.
Through Paypal you can put in a request in the "note" section in Paypal. This is the only means by which I will track those requests, and I will do my best to accomodate your request, but I just can not guarantee it, outside of a "Pre-buy" purchase.

thanks,

JV

Thanks Woodsy or as JV affectionately says "Mr Woods".;)

Yeah i saw that and i should be right as am just going away on the weekend for a few days or so but should be back or at least be able to access a computer somewhere.

Someone asked about how long the PB's will be open? I'm thinking 10 days, then after some "catch up", the actual launch.

I'll give a detailed explanation of what the Pre-Buys actually are, as well as a date and time for when that PB window opens. There are many people that are not familiar with the PB's, so I may devote an entire thread to it to help clarify things.

JV

Someone asked about how long the PB's will be open? I'm thinking 10 days, then after some "catch up", the actual launch.

I'll give a detailed explanation of what the Pre-Buys actually are, as well as a date and time for when that PB window opens. There are many people that are not familiar with the PB's, so I may devote an entire thread to it to help clarify things.

JV

Thanks Jerry because I don't want to miss the pre buy on this one. I love the idea of actually choosing the remarque. it's a great added bonus to an already fantastic looking piece

Thanks Jerry because I don't want to miss the pre buy on this one. I love the idea of actually choosing the remarque. it's a great added bonus to an already fantastic looking piece

OK. for now, here is a explanation of what is going to happen and how. The only unanswered thing is the WHEN.

"PRE-BUY"

Some of you may want to know what exactly a "Pre-Buy" is.
Well, it's just like it sounds. You pre-buy the item, or pay the full price in advance. The advantage to doing this is twofold:

Firstly,if you are interested in purchasing a Return of the King Lithograph that is a Limited Edition ( this is a signed and numbered edition ) then you can pay upfront and have a better chance of getting a lower number for that edition such as a #21/2000 for instance.
Secondly, if you are interested in purchasing a Return of the King Lithograph that is a Collector's Edition ( this is a signed, numbered and remarqued edition ) then you also will have a better chance at a lower number for that edition as well, such as #21/2000. In addition, you can guarantee your remarque ( or sketch ) request because you are paying in advance with Pre-Buy. My new policy with Collector's Edition remarque requests is that I will be logging such requests ONLY in the "Note" section through Paypal.If you email such requests I may miss it and I will have to send you a random remarque.Because of this policy, I realize that you are obligated to use PayPal, but this helps me keep a logistical nitemare from happening!
With both ROTK editions, the very lowest numbers will begin with # 21.
# 1 - # 20 for The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King are being set aside for my upcoming "LOTR TRILOGY BUNDLE - MATCHED # SET".

"LOTR TRILOGY BUNDLE - MATCHED # SET". ( not available yet )

These upcoming sets will be bundled together as a total matched set:
For example, you may win a bid on a set like this:
#1 FOTR, #1 TTT, #1 ROTK for Limited Edition -ending at #20
or
#1 FOTR, #1 TTT, #1 ROTK for Collectors Edition -ending at #20
Each set will be one item of all three lithos with matching numbers.These will be bid-only items to make it fair to any collector that may want a matching low numbered complete set.As each number sells ( like # 1 ) then #2 set will be available, all the way until #20 is gone. The matching Collectors Editions will probably be available for bid first until #1 - #20 are gone. Then we start again with the sets from the Limited Editions.After that, they are gone for good!

"LOTR TRILOGY BUNDLE SET" ( not available yet )

These sets are for both Limited Editions and Collectors Editions.
For those that would like to purchase all three lithographs and save some money at the same time can go this way.With these sets for both Limited Editions and Collectors Editions, the numbers will vary, and the remarque sketches ( if CE ) will be randomly selected. Because you will get these bundles at a lower price, I will not be taking any remarque sketch requests. You save on the cost, and this frees me from having to track and log any requests.If you want the option to make a remarque request, you will have to purchase your Collector's Editions seperately.
These are options for you to choose from to fit your needs. I hope this helps to explain what choices you will have once we are up and running.

Make sense?

JV

Last edited:
OK. for now, here is a explanation of what is going to happen and how. The only unanswered thing is the WHEN.

"PRE-BUY"

Some of you may want to know what exactly a "Pre-Buy" is.
Well, it's just like it sounds. You pre-buy the item, or pay the full price in advance. The advantage to doing this is twofold:

Firstly,if you are interested in purchasing a Return of the King Lithograph that is a Limited Edition ( this is a signed and numbered edition ) then you can pay upfront and have a better chance of getting a lower number for that edition such as a #21/2000 for instance.
Secondly, if you are interested in purchasing a Return of the King Lithograph that is a Collector's Edition ( this is a signed, numbered and remarqued edition ) then you also will have a better chance at a lower number for that edition as well, such as #21/2000. In addition, you can guarantee your remarque ( or sketch ) request because you are paying in advance with Pre-Buy. My new policy with Collector's Edition remarque requests is that I will be logging such requests ONLY in the "Note" section through Paypal.If you email such requests I may miss it and I will have to send you a random remarque.Because of this policy, I realize that you are obligated to use PayPal, but this helps me keep a logistical nitemare from happening!
With both ROTK editions, the very lowest numbers will begin with # 21.
# 1 - # 20 for The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King are being set aside for my upcoming "LOTR TRILOGY Lithograph - MATCHED # SET".

"LOTR TRILOGY BUNDLE - MATCHED # SET". ( not available yet )

These upcoming sets will be bundled together as a total matched set:
For example, you may win a bid on a set like this:
#1 FOTR, #1 TTT, #1 ROTK for Limited Edition -ending at #20
or
#1 FOTR, #1 TTT, #1 ROTK for Collectors Edition -ending at #20
Each set will be one item of all three lithos with matching numbers.These will be bid-only items to make it fair to any collector that may want a matching low numbered complete set.As each number sells ( like # 1 ) then #2 set will be available, all the way until #20 is gone. The matching Collectors Editions will probably be available for bid first until #1 - #20 are gone. Then we start again with the sets from the Limited Editions.After that, they are gone for good!

"LOTR TRILOGY BUNDLE SET" ( not available yet )

These sets are for both Limited Editions and Collectors Editions.
For those that would like to purchase all three lithographs and save some money at the same time can go this way.With these sets for both Limited Editions and Collectors Editions, the numbers will vary, and the remarque sketches ( if CE ) will be randomly selected. Because you will get these bundles at a lower price, I will not be taking any remarque sketch requests. You save on the cost, and this frees me from having to track and log any requests.If you want the option to make a remarque request, you will have to purchase your Collector's Editions seperately.
These are options for you to choose from to fit your needs. I hope this helps to explain what choices you will have once we are up and running.

Make sense?

JV

Makes perfect sense Jerry...now let's get back to the WHEN part :naughty

Back