Justice League-It's Official

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well....they are copying marvel on the basic point of they now suddenly see the viability of superhero team-ups* even though it was obvious to anyone with half a brain even before Avengers.

*not counting X-men and Fantastic 4 because those characters existed as a team from the beginning, there was no novelty factor in seeing them all in one movie

They had plans for a Justice League film shortly after Batman Begins. Marvel was not talking about Avegners, at least publicly. The project fell apart when DC rightly pointed out that having another Batman while Nolan was doing his trilogy would be weird. But they had a cast and budget already in place. Marvel did their thing, and it proved very successful. But it is not the only model for success. I am excited for JL. Can't wait to see who else joins the League. Idris Elba for Jon Stewart WB!!!!

They’ve been trying to make a Justice League movie even before BB, Marvel just happened to beat them to it. My guess would be their shared universe plans went out the window once TDK series started making serious bank.

I for one am extremely excited to see this movie. Some of the actors do have me worried, and I can’t say I 100% believe in Snyder, but I honestly can’t see this movie being worse than The Avengers.

They’ve been trying to make a Justice League movie even before BB, Marvel just happened to beat them to it. My guess would be their shared universe plans went out the window once TDK series started making serious bank.

I for one am extremely excited to see this movie. Some of the actors do have me worried, and I can’t say I 100% believe in Snyder, but I honestly can’t see this movie being worse than The Avengers.

Not trying to be confrontational, but which ones? I know Gal Gadot is extremely beautiful, but nothing of her acting ability(FF films are hardly around for their Oscar performances). But I think about how I had no idea Antje Traue even existed, and her Faora was one of my favorite parts of MOS. So I am holding hope that Ms. Gadot has a great performance in her. Affleck is fine with me. I like him as an actor. He's gotten better as he has aged. He's not DiCaprio, but he's not Channing Tatum either.I loved Cavil as Kal, so no worries there. The guy playing Cyborg is an unknown. And I care so little about Cyborg he would have to be a Michael Bay level stereotype for me to care. Have they announced anyone else in the League?

If this ends up being anything like Green Lantern it is going to be So AWESOME :yess:

Well at least with Snyder at the helm these movies are going to be beyond epic from a visual standpoint. Just imagining the MOS finale but with Batman, WW, and other heroes. Damn.

\

Well at least with Snyder at the helm these movies are going to be beyond epic from a visual standpoint. Just imagining the MOS finale but with Batman, WW, and other heroes. Damn.

excellent point

Not trying to be confrontational, but which ones? I know Gal Gadot is extremely beautiful, but nothing of her acting ability(FF films are hardly around for their Oscar performances). But I think about how I had no idea Antje Traue even existed, and her Faora was one of my favorite parts of MOS. So I am holding hope that Ms. Gadot has a great performance in her. Affleck is fine with me. I like him as an actor. He's gotten better as he has aged. He's not DiCaprio, but he's not Channing Tatum either.I loved Cavil as Kal, so no worries there. The guy playing Cyborg is an unknown. And I care so little about Cyborg he would have to be a Michael Bay level stereotype for me to care. Have they announced anyone else in the League?

I know everyone is now warming up to Affleck, but he’s been in the game for more than 30 years and he’s only really impressed me one time, that movie being The Town. I don’t think he’s a terrible actor, but he’s an actor with extremely limited range, and my biggest fear is when I watch him in the role I won’t be seeing Batman, but Affleck in a Bat suit.

Gal Gadot on the other hand has me worried because she’s mainly a model, not an actress. I’ve only seen her in the Fast and Furious films, but I don’t really want to judge her on that because everyone is pretty much horrible in those films, it seems to be a requirement to just hamm it up for those films.

Eisenberg as Lex is actually my biggest gripe with the casting as of right now. I’ve never seen a movie where he didn’t play himself, worse than even George Clooney in my opinion. Not that I think they’re terrible actors, but like Affleck, they don’t become the characters they’re playing, they turn the character into themselves.

Cavill I love as Superman.

Ray Fisher as Cyborg I’m optimistic about because he is a stage actor, those guys usually can act.

Overall though, I’m confident the movie will turn out great, I just don’t have 100% faith in all the actors as of right now, that can definitely change once I see the trailer.

I don’t know about that, sometimes less is more. I found the action in MOS to be overkill at times. Visually the movie looked great, but I don’t think any scene will be remembered 10 years from now.

I know everyone is now warming up to Affleck, but he’s been in the game for more than 30 years and he’s only really impressed me one time, that movie being The Town. I don’t think he’s a terrible actor, but he’s an actor with extremely limited range, and my biggest fear is when I watch him in the role I won’t be seeing Batman, but Affleck in a Bat suit.

Gal Gadot on the other hand has me worried because she’s mainly a model, not an actress. I’ve only seen her in the Fast and Furious films, but I don’t really want to judge her on that because everyone is pretty much horrible in those films, it seems to be a requirement to just hamm it up for those films.

Eisenberg as Lex is actually my biggest gripe with the casting as of right now. I’ve never seen a movie where he didn’t play himself, worse than even George Clooney in my opinion. Not that I think they’re terrible actors, but like Affleck, they don’t become the characters they’re playing, they turn the character into themselves.

Cavill I love as Superman.

Ray Fisher as Cyborg I’m optimistic about because he is a stage actor, those guys usually can act.

Overall though, I’m confident the movie will turn out great, I just don’t have 100% faith in all the actors as of right now, that can definitely change once I see the trailer.

:exactly::goodpost:

Gadot's the biggest question for me. On one hand, she must've shown them something in her auditions that made them believe that this girl who only had a few bit parts in some F&F films could play, arguably, the single most iconic female in 20th century fiction. On the other hand, though, when all she's really done were bit parts in F&F films, you'd have to be crazy not to have even the slightest hint of doubt about her acting abilities.

As many have already mentioned, as long as Snyder only directs and not writes or goes anywhere near the script, this movie will have a good chance at being great. I haven't been impressed with any of the actor selections so far, but I'm trying my best to stay optimistic.

Gal Gadot has a horrible accent and cannot deliver a believable performance.

They are focusing so much on her body and for her to work out but what she really needs is an acting coach and an accent coach. From the Fast and furious movies she was the worst of all of them.... that's saying something

Gal Gadot has a horrible accent and cannot deliver a believable performance.

They are focusing so much on her body and for her to work out but what she really needs is an acting coach and an accent coach. From the Fast and furious movies she was the worst of all of them.... that's saying something

I could live with the accent. Not the cardboard performances. :lol I don't think she's been in much movies.

it sucks because wonder woman has had such bad luck in getting a movie and NOW that she is going to be in one and they hire one of the worst actresses in Hollywood....

I think Gadot will be fine.

I'm more concerned about who they hire for the other roles. I think Chris Pine would be a good Wally West and I like the idea of Jason Momoa as Aquaman. If the Rock is Jon Stewart i'm OK with that as well.

They could just add more humor to cover-up the shoddy writing like Marvel Studios does.

freshprince_ooooh.gif

Back