Just wanted to say... Well done.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of talent here who are definite assets to the board. But for better or for worse MAJOR PROPS should be given to the two guys who pretty much laid the groundwork for customs here:

Figure Master Les Walker and Dark Artist. Controversial guys, but this forum would be a much poorer place for customs without them.

I think the idea of this thread is kind of dumb, but my woot goes to Skibrodudeman. No doubt the board is gaining a great new sculptor who will tear across the board but we are losing (IMO) The.Best.Painter the board has ever had. :duff

...I think the idea of this thread is kind of dumb, but my woot goes to Skibrodudeman. No doubt the board is gaining a great new sculptor who will tear across the board but we are losing (IMO) The.Best.Painter the board has ever had. :duff

:lol Kindness is never dumb... and thanks for posting :dunno

I think you missed the point. I'm not collecting a list of good customizers. This is for those who run a legit operation. I know there was a mess with Les and I don't know Darkartist but those disastrous situations is why I thought I would say well done to guys (or gals) who don't screw people over.

:peace

MY LIST IS VERY LONG, BUT HERE ARE A FEW, IF I LEFT ANYBODY OUT I APPOLOGIZE,,

ELVIS1976
69SLIMER
ANGRY FETUS
ZEBRATEN
RAINMAN
KATO
SPENCER
MG2065
MOE
ROBBIE THE PAINTER
IDM CUSTOMS
TONY MEIS AND CRYSTAL
BETO
ASHKANLS
WGP
CREG CUSTOMS
IMINIME
PETER THE PAINTER
XENOVIPER
CHEUNKINGMAN
IKE-CON
8 BIT COMMANDO
CAINE
FULL METAL
SNYDERMAN
MRM
CORROSE
F-SEB
VELVET MORNING
TREV
DCHUNG
ENTROPY
SCULPTOR
MR ECHO
NATCHAN
CRIMSONBOB
SHOCKTROOPER
BIGBROCHA
ZKULPTOR
SEAN JOB

PAINTER'S

SKIMAN
SILENT SURFER
GDB
IMINIME
PROTEUS
T.BOWEN

I WILL REVISE WHEN MORE COME TO MIND... A HUGE THANKS TO ALL OF THESE VERY TALENTED PEOPLE AND THEIR STAFF, PROFESSIONAL ALL THE WAY. FOR GIVING A NEWBIE A SHOT WHEN I JOINED TO TAKE ON MY COMMISSIONS AND NOT IGNORING ME.

THIS IS A GREAT POST!!! WE ALWAYS START A POST WITH THE BAD APPLES, THIS IS LONG OVERDUE.:clap

All the above. I want to thank everyone who offers their work and services on this board, because without you I would never be able to get such great and limited items! Thanks guys!

I may not comment in every thread but I'm appreciating, SilentSurfer, Elvis, Corrose, Commando, 8-bit Commando, Nek, Skiface, MG, IDM, some iMinime, Kato, Seanjob, Betomatali (his Jason 3 deserves way more attention from everyone), Fullmetal, Trevor, Tony Meis (even though I'm not into superheroes, his work is stellar), Rainman.

I think Moe and Peteyskywalker deserve some sort of a most improved award. My last 3 items from Moe have been really great quality and stitching. Very pleased.

Forgot RobbiethePainter. I have forgotten the face of my father. I cry your pardon.

I shall name:

CREG Customs - I know you said you weren't looking for an ego-stroke but regardless, your stuff has been incredible from the beginning. I've bought from you I think 3 times. All Terminator pieces that I continue to be proud to own. First was the BD T2 T-800 - this was long before DX13 was announced so it filled a void during that time. And I intend to see how it will work with the new HT headsculpt because technically the battledamage on the chest and knee are more accurate on your custom than what we've seen so far of DX13. Then I think I got from you my T4 legless T-600 and melty-flesh T-800 endoskeleton - both very unique and very well done. Then you came through for me on a chromed HT endoskeleton (which has remained fully intact since, we were worried at the time that the paint had weakened the plastic somehow)

Commando - He's been a great asset for Terminator collectors here on the forum. He's responsible for the Gargoyle sunglasses for everyone's T1 Police Shootout kitbashes. He has also done cool headsculpt mods, endo-eye inserts and incredible repaints that are good enough to display next to any HT figure. I think I've bought from him maybe 3 times aswell, most recently for a Cyberdyne Window diorama for the DX10. And he has more cool Terminator stuff planned that I will definitely be on board for, but I'm not sure if he wants to publicly announce.

Elvis1976 - I've never bought anything from Seb but that's about to change hopefully. His work is also incredible. The jaw never fails to drop on any given perusal of his thread.

SKIMAN - a curious case of a guy who PWNS weights and yet has a lot of artistic ability aswell. I don't know how he finds the time for both but its most admirable. I've not bought from him but I recently saw his mods to a HT Nicholson Joker headsculpt that TheFiend has and it was excellent work that to my eye made it 100%.

Mr Ecko - an excellent boardie who has also helped people with their T1 Police Shootout kitbashes by providing a non-wallet-raping alternative for the boots. He just recently sent me Public Enemy logos which I have yet to thank him for. They'll be used on future T2 John Connor customs. And he once built a picnic table diorama for Sarah Connor that was cool and which I regret not prioritising at the time. But one day....

Silent surfer - Excellent painter and sculpt-modder. I bought from him a Summer Glau Cameron (Sarah Connor Chronicles) headsculpt originally by Trevor Grove. He had not only done an amazing paintjob but also gave it some additional cool and stunningly realistic battle damage in the cheek, exposing endoskeletal jaw-piston and teeth etc. I still haven't built up the figure but I'm proud to own the head alone.

Last edited:
Pretty dumb to give props to artists who have screwed people, yeah that's it , the board would be nothing without those two, taking up a collection for 6 foot bronze statues of both less and dark artist, please direct your donations to freaksvictimfund@ screwyou.com, I also am a staunch advocate for a board name change. From freaks forum to darkles forum. Anybody want to start a poll.? A real slap in the face to every other Artist on here.

Oh my disclaimer: this is all just my opinion and I'm entitled to it.:nana:

Pretty dumb to give props to artists who have screwed people, yeah that's it , the board would be nothing without those two, taking up a collection for 6 foot bronze statues of both less and dark artist, please direct your donations to freaksvictimfund@ screwyou.com, I also am a staunch advocate for a board name change. From freaks forum to darkles forum. Anybody want to start a poll.? A real slap in the face to every other Artist on here.

:rotfl:rotfl

:violin.....

#HadToBeSaid

8-bit, astro_zombie, galactiboy and Elvis to name a few. Especially Elvis, helped me out on several occasions. Also, glad to see I got a shout out :)

Sirjediknighttim should get a shout out here. He is master craftsman of Police Boxes from Doctor Who. He sold them only at cost and a few he even gave away. Great guy with loads of talent.

Back