Just Opened My 1st Hot Toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you still display the boxes? I've always thought that the window packaging of a 1/6 figure is good enough to display as is for those who don't want to open up their figures.

Open them up Especially because they are HT and enjoy them like they wer ment to be. Or don't buy them at all. Just a tip:monkey1

Well back then with action figures when I wanted to open one I'd buy 2.
Right now there's that same crazy notion dancing in my noggin but might just be another episode.

Batman Begins huh? :nana:
How many Batman related items have Hot Toys released?

I remember the first time I opened mine. Oh wait I never did. I only looked at other peoples figures and put my greased hands all over it.. Haha. I keep mine mib.

I remember the first time I opened mine. Oh wait I never did. I only looked at other peoples figures and put my greased hands all over it.. Haha. I keep mine mib.

What does "MIB" mean to you guys when it comes to Hot Toys?

Define it specificaly.

I think he means, MISB~ means the figure has never been removed from the inside box and the round clear stickers are in tact never removed. I would like to know too, some figures ars boxed differently: SDCC Iron Man has no interior clear stickers that seal the figure in when the interior box has been opened...

:clap :clap :yess::yess:

The nice thing about 1:6 figures is that most are in collector friendly boxes, which means opening doesn't really have a dramatic effect on resale (if at all).

And there is no way in hell I would spend this much money on... really anything that just sat in a box that has never been opened.

Unless you only collect for the investment, OPEN THOSE TOYS AND ENJOY!!! :blissy

:hi5: :exactly: Totally! LOVE huffing that plastic! :rock :lol

This.

There's really no difference between an opened (be it inspected or displayed but still taken care of) or MIB figure. I've seen open but complete Hot Toys figures go for the same amount if not more than a an unopened MIB figure.

The Hot Toys packages are the most collector friendly boxes in this hobby as far as I'm concerned. All you do is slice open a single, tiny tape tab, and viola it's not "MIB" anymore. Some packages don't even have tape at all, ala the DX boxes.

Occasionally I'll keep things MOC and MIB (usually retail toys and my favorite carded vintage figures), it's all about the presentation and value of not being opened up. But there's no way I'd never crack open a Hot Toys figure.

They should always be inspected.

So basically, MIB in terms of a high-end figure with collector friendly packaging simply means you have the original box, the figure itself is mint, and it is complete (with all accessories etc.)

How would you guys (mazda-rx7) handle a figure like a DX? As DiFabio says, there isn't even that little round clear sticker. There is literally nothing to indicate the figure has been opened. Would you honestly never even take a figure out in a case like that? :huh

i remember having buyer's remorse picking up my first ever Hot Toys back in the day. paying $150 for masterpiece TFs is already a big decision for me and so paying $180 for one figure is such a guilt. it was iron man Mark 1.

i took it home. opened it. got overwhelmed by that new toy smell. got blown away by the figure's sheer awesomeness and less than a week later, got back into the store to pick up wolverine and mark 2.

so yeah, open them Hot toys. it's good for you.

What does "MIB" mean to you guys when it comes to Hot Toys?

Define it specificaly.

Moronic Infected Blueballs...

The term is irrelevant for HT collectors and any collectibles which can be removed from their boxes and replaced undamaged. Mint In Box defines the condition of the figure, not the packaging. You can have a Batman futzed with and displayed for years in a detolf, then put him back in the box and describe him as MIB so long as the figure itself is in mint condition. MISB is the appropriate term, or NIB.

Blueballs indeed.

Just the thought of having a stack of unopened Hot Toys makes my nuts hurt.

What I find sad is that for some folks on these boards, items from Sideshow and Hot Toys are the most valuable things in their collections, and in some instances, their lives. Stop acting like they're unique works of art and enjoy them for what they are: toys.

What I find sad is that for some folks on these boards, items from Sideshow and Hot Toys are the most valuable things in their collections, and in some instances, their lives. Stop acting like they're unique works of art and enjoy them for what they are: toys.

Statues are toys??

More or less. Anything that is in an edition of more than ten is mass produced. They're painted in factories, and in some cases, have little clothes and accessories - toys.

Back