Just Opened My 1st Hot Toy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xYx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I had the original Joker & Bank Robber Joker since they 1st came out but I never opened them. That's just the kind of collector I am, "Mint In Box or go ____ yourself" kind. But with one of the post I've read somewhere here about enjoying your collection & how everyone is posing these 1/6 figures which I've always envied. I decided to open the lesser of the 2, the original Joker (I said the "lesser" since from what I've read here, it is.) & I must say this is really something. These figures are ____in' awesome!

Sorry about the stupid rant. :monkey1:monkey3

Should have opened the Bank Robber Joker, 'cause the first pales in comparison to the headsculpts on that one.

You really can't appreciate Hot Toys figures until you take them out and see and feel the quality first hand. I think this Youtube video expresses that idea better than I can:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f2_0IucCrI"]‪Hot Toys Joker The Dark Knight Custom Repaint‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I tried doing that whole "Mint in Box" thing but I was only able to resist for about five minutes or so. Hot Toys figures are just too darn tempting.

Will you go on a box opening frenzy now or will this 1 fig suffice?

1 is enough for now. :monkey3

Should have opened the Bank Robber Joker, 'cause the first pales in comparison to the headsculpts on that one.

That's exactly why I opened the original one.

You really can't appreciate Hot Toys figures until you take them out and see and feel the quality first hand. I think this Youtube video expresses that idea better than I can:

‪Hot Toys Joker The Dark Knight Custom Repaint‬‏ - YouTube

I don't know Kara, I'm not sure if that's the right video or maybe I just can't relate to it.

Congrats on poppin' your cherry! :duff

Thanks Batty! :hi5:

I tried doing that whole "Mint in Box" thing but I was only able to resist for about five minutes or so. Hot Toys figures are just too darn tempting.

It really is but I guess I did pretty good lasting this long. How long has it been since the original came out?

Well I had the original Joker & Bank Robber Joker since they 1st came out but I never opened them. That's just the kind of collector I am, "Mint In Box or go ____ yourself" kind. But with one of the post I've read somewhere here about enjoying your collection & how everyone is posing these 1/6 figures which I've always envied. I decided to open the lesser of the 2, the original Joker (I said the "lesser" since from what I've read here, it is.) & I must say this is really something. These figures are ____in' awesome!

Great. Now open all your ____ and finally enjoy the toys as they were meant to be enjoyed. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Ha totally. I remember walking around with my first Sideshow Clonetrooper for like 4 hours and that feeling inside of me before opening. It's wierd how a plastic toy can get you so excited. Presentation is largely part of it for me. Just the look of the box and is orgasmic.

welcome to the next level of enjoying what you bought :welcome

I was the same way up until about 2 years ago.. the cool thing now is going back through your mimb collection and opening a few here or there. Each week can be mini Christmas!

I don't know Kara, I'm not sure if that's the right video or maybe I just can't relate to it.
Oh, that's the right video. Nothing like dimming the lights, pulling out your black leather S&M gloves, pumping up the techno music as loud as it goes, and gently caressing your custom Joker figure until. . .well. . .this is an all-ages forum, but you get the idea.

I can understand MOC collectors when it comes to smaller basic figures that are really not impressive out of the package... but i will NEVER understand MIB collectors that leave $100+ figures in their package...

Seems wasteful and pointless, just keep your money if you don't really like to enjoy your figures.

Or better yet, if you just have expendable income... Paypal me some loot and i will buy figures and enjoy them on your dime. ;)

M.

:clap :clap :yess::yess:

The nice thing about 1:6 figures is that most are in collector friendly boxes, which means opening doesn't really have a dramatic effect on resale (if at all).

And there is no way in hell I would spend this much money on... really anything that just sat in a box that has never been opened.

Unless you only collect for the investment, OPEN THOSE TOYS AND ENJOY!!! :blissy

...it's the smell that will get ya! that plasticky smell...mmmmmmmmmmmm good!

:hi5: :exactly: Totally! LOVE huffing that plastic! :rock :lol

The nice thing about 1:6 figures is that most are in collector friendly boxes, which means opening doesn't really have a dramatic effect on resale (if at all).

This.

There's really no difference between an opened (be it inspected or displayed but still taken care of) or MIB figure. I've seen open but complete Hot Toys figures go for the same amount if not more than a an unopened MIB figure.

The Hot Toys packages are the most collector friendly boxes in this hobby as far as I'm concerned. All you do is slice open a single, tiny tape tab, and viola it's not "MIB" anymore. Some packages don't even have tape at all, ala the DX boxes.

Occasionally I'll keep things MOC and MIB (usually retail toys and my favorite carded vintage figures), it's all about the presentation and value of not being opened up. But there's no way I'd never crack open a Hot Toys figure.

They should always be inspected.

1 is enough for now. :monkey3

zf0vxb8.gif

Back