Just cancelled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was going to ask............???:lol

Seriously though the shipping is a real pain on these statues, mine cost $423 total that shipping and all charges/taxes etc, it's an expensive hobby!! :monkey2 so in total that's about €300 euro, a far cry from the days when I used to collect Cindy dolls :horror, I mean Action Man!! :rotfl

Having said that and I only collect LOTR but the box/packaging on this berserker was easily big enough to fit a small child!!! :horror They could have booked it on its own flight!! :lol

Im in Australia and my total for the beserker came to $594.
I think shipping was around $140-150, i have to work it out cause they combined it with my HT Predator.
But the beserker is a damn huge box. Bigger then any of the recent PFs i have gotten.
I have to admit the shipping is starting to get a bit out of hand though its costing waaaay too much for us internationals. :(

I think shipping was around $140-150, i have to work it out cause they combined it with my HT Predator.
But the beserker is a damn huge box. Bigger then any of the recent PFs i have gotten.
I have to admit the shipping is starting to get a bit out of hand though its costing waaaay too much for us internationals. :(

Yeah thats about what i paid for the couple of PF's i have got so far.If shipping was cheaper would have definately ordered a few more pieces but i guess on the bright side it prob has saved me money overall.

Just wish there was a warehouse in the southern hemisphere or SS could somehow help out their international customers.

each time I called sideshow or emailed I never got a reply.
and as far as shipping, sideshow did inform that fedex is the
only way they will ship internationally no choice.
my last piece moria orc fedex charged me taxes on taxes.

My Berserker was in total about 304 Euro's

Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:
72251 PC 1 1 0 $319.99 $319.99
Uruk-hai Berserker excl Premiu
------------
Sub Total: $319.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $53.39
VAT/Sales Tax: $56.01
------------
Invoice Total: $429.39

holy...cow... that is just too much... imagine with the shipping, if you ordered two items, that's one 12 inch figure...

that's one advantage of not collecting the PFs though i would like to...

hiya tim!

fancy meeting you here! doing pretty good and still collecting it seems...just like me...

LT, do you have any friends in the US that can help you? Like you, I am in Canada and generally get bent pretty hard on exclusives I order direct from Sideshow. What I do now is have my items shipped to a third party in the US from Sideshow (You can do this by submitting an "Alternate Address Form" to Sideshow after you place your order), then have the third party ship to me using good ol' USPS on the cheap and with a low customs value. I literally save about $50 on every $100 spent so it's definitely worth the delay of 1 or 2 weeks to get it. I saved over $1000 in shipping, duty and taxes by getting my CM Pred through a third party... and I JUST received my Berserker Exclusive.. total shipping cost was $75 (includes cost of Sideshow to US person, then from US to me) and NO duty or taxes.

I'm reporting Faken to the Canadian Authorities. Faken, since you're from Canada who should I contact!?

Oh forget it.

But what about factory QC return problems or if something gets damaged or lost in the post between SS to US friend or US friend to you Faken.

My was quote was at around $180 - Can't remember how much I paid in the end, because it shipped with Hellboy PF.

As much as it costs to ship. I still find that it doesnt cost much more then if I got it locally (well with PF's that's the case).

I find the stores here charge to way too much!

I always flexpay when I can. Lessens the blow of shipping.

My was quote was at around $180 - Can't remember how much I paid in the end, because it shipped with Hellboy PF.

As much as it costs to ship. I still find that it doesnt cost much more then if I got it locally (well with PF's that's the case).

I find the stores here charge to way too much!

I always flexpay when I can. Lessens the blow of shipping.

Same observation here. My local retailer usually "adjusts" their retail price for the PF figures to be similar to the price that I would need to pay if I would to buy direct from SSC. Thus, most of the time, I have no choice but to buy my PF figures direct from SSC. At least I still get the rewards points.

For 1/6 figures, the local retail price is usually lower than if I buy direct from SSC. Thus, I generally buy my 1/6 figures locally except for the Exclusives.

But what about factory QC return problems or if something gets damaged or lost in the post between SS to US friend or US friend to you Faken.

No problems at all... if there is damage I file a return request just like any other time, however the new item is shipped to the US person, not to you. So I have my friend check it before he ships it on to me :)

If it gets lost between my friend and ME, then you're screwed and you have to make a claim for the declared value. But so far it hasnt happened *knock on wood* and to be honest, even if it happened at this point and I lost $500 for example, I've still saved triple that in the last year alone.

I'm reporting Faken to the Canadian Authorities. Faken, since you're from Canada who should I contact!?

Oh forget it.

:lol

"Yes hello? Canadian police? I have a user that needs arresting... uh huh.. yep... yeah it's Faken again. OK, thanks!" *hangs up*

No problems at all... if there is damage I file a return request just like any other time, however the new item is shipped to the US person, not to you. So I have my friend check it before he ships it on to me :)

If it gets lost between my friend and ME, then you're screwed and you have to make a claim for the declared value. But so far it hasnt happened *knock on wood* and to be honest, even if it happened at this point and I lost $500 for example, I've still saved triple that in the last year alone.

I guess thats fair enough. Nice to have a good, trustworthy mate in the US then.
I hope he gets a nice birthday present once a year :lol

Back