Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

I have rationalisation for that line :lol

Importantly, if I'm to try and find a way to not only excuse but embrace something that might seem silly in a movie - it has to be an overall good movie. I mean why try to rationalise anything in the likes of Batman & Robin? The good has to dramatically outweigh the bad for it to be worth even trying to take said bad with said good. And when it does, usually 'life finds a way' to see that even the 'bad' isn't actually bad in the overall context.
See, I was never expecting this to be a good movie. I didn't expect a story with substance or characters with great depth. There's a lot of sillyness in it but it's consistent and not out of place like "I need a vacation". The great thing about the movie for me were the dinosaur moments. They delivered better than I could have imagined, and as others have said, gloss over all of the poorer aspects of the film.

I don't think this is a movie that should be taken seriously, but I don't think it's mindless drivel like the Bayformers crap either.

I think your viewing experience could have dampened your mood but if you still couldn't find any of it enjoyable than you probably won't feel much different on a less problematic viewing.

if funny that the premise of this movie is a reflection of the movies weekend performance. in the movie people wanted louder, this movie was 'jurassic park' louder.....time to keep milking that cow because its got lots of cha-ching to keep producing.

When did this become a wrestling movie?

It's clear that Irvy saw trailers showing Chris Pratt on a motorcycle leading Raptors into battle and then went out and purchased a ticket hoping that he actually wouldn't see that movie. Weird way to approach a movie but hey, I ain't judgin.' Or am I? :monkey3

if funny that the premise of this movie is a reflection of the movies weekend performance. in the movie people wanted louder, this movie was 'jurassic park' louder.....time to keep milking that cow because its got lots of cha-ching to keep producing.

Oh I know, even the control room guy's comment about his collection of dino figures being "chaotic but never coming completely unraveled" (sorry I'm totally butchering the line) seemed to echo the whole vibe of the film.

Why do people seem so truly, deeply and personally offended that movie studios want to make money? I can't wrap my head around the outrage over that. :dunno

I just read this story. A very tenuous link, but a fun theory anyway:

Jurassic World Fan Theory - The little kid from Jurassic Park is Owen in Jurassic World.
Hold onto your butts for this 'Jurassic World' fan theory

Ha-ha-ha! Just like the Feral Kid theory. What's with 4th installments?

Or rather, just how many autistic kids do we have in population now? Even the JW kid was.

See, I was never expecting this to be a good movie. I didn't expect a story with substance or characters with great depth. There's a lot of sillyness in it but it's consistent and not out of place like "I need a vacation". The great thing about the movie for me were the dinosaur moments. They delivered better than I could have imagined, and as others have said, gloss over all of the poorer aspects of the film.

I don't think this is a movie that should be taken seriously, but I don't think it's mindless drivel like the Bayformers crap either.

I think your viewing experience could have dampened your mood but if you still couldn't find any of it enjoyable than you probably won't feel much different on a less problematic viewing.

I haven't given up on it yet. I think I can potentially really enjoy a big dinosaur fight as much as anyone. I just have to be able to see it from a suitable viewing distance. And it'll be 2D next time.

the hoskins character reminded me of this guy.....even the way the character was played was silly like farva

rod-farva-car-ramrod.gif

"Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?”

My childhood: Consisted of names like Tyrannosaurus rex, Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Iguanodon etc. Dinosaurs I still remember in my drawing in crayons, books and plastic toys.

June 12th 2015 and into our future, Paramount Pictures has ruined this for all children with the introduction of "INDOMINUS REX”. Jurassic World force feed the viewers the thought that after 14 year of waiting for a new JP movie we were already sick of dinosaurs. So Paramount Pictures created their own to market, sell to our children and place a fictional dinosaur into their consciousness. INDOMINUS REX exists now like it or not (with this stand alone movie or future sequels).

I love monster, creature movies. Giant alligators, snakes, apes etc., but JP was a place set aside for Dinosaurs. If I wanted my Dinosaur hit I would watch one of the three JP movies. I can sit on my couch and say “Damn look at those dinosaurs”! JW has violated this. Theres no law but I feel rules have been broken. INDOMINUS REX…..I didn’t know what to feel. "Its not a dinosaur, is it a monster? Then why does it look like a dinosaur. Dad. Yes son. When did INDOMINUS REX live? Well son INDOMINUS REX did not live. I know dad they are all extinct. Oh ****!!!

When I was young I never got bored of the zoo. I never got bored of lions, tigers elephants because I never see them everyday. If there was a opportunity to go to the zoo I would be like “YESSS”!!! Never did I think that I wished for something new. That’s I wished they took a Elephants body and place a lions head on it. That’s sort of thought would have been reserved for a carnival (man with a elephant head, woman with a kangaroo tail). I go to a zoo to see genuine animals NOT splice creatures.

JW reason for INDOMINUS REX is due to park attendance. People want to see something new, something bigger. When they first mentioned this new creature I imagined it to be about twice the size of T-rex. Something that would have obviously stood out as bigger. To be honest it looked the same size to me. Could not tell the difference. IMO the key and focus of the movie should have been around the “Mosasurus” (water dinosaur). I mean its huge, its a water creature, it actually existed and has never been seen in a JP movie. Everything they said they needed to boost attendance was right there. And what does this movie do?? They treat it as a background creature, like a Dinosaur that has been there since the original JP. My favourite scene in JW was when the assistant was dropped into the water and the Pteranodon’s were diving into the water (birds do this in real life). It was a great seen and new visual. Fourteen years ago after JP3 I felt that this franchise needed a reboot. We saw the zoo, we experienced the safari, we went into the wild. We needed a new frontier, a new focus that JP had not yet explored. We needed “Sea World”. Site C (sea). I have no idea how the story could revolve around under water BUT if you could make a movie based on splice creature with camouflage abilities and trained Raptors, you could most likely write a script for JW Seaworld!!

I also want to stress that as a huge fan of the JP franchise. I wanted JW to tell me their story and show me their characters and visuals all for the first time so I avoided all theatrical trailers, tease images, character/actor reveals, synopsis of movies. I was going in 100% fresh folks. Equivalent to going on Netflix selecting a movie I never heard of and pressing play. To this JW was a disappointment.

I could however see how so many of you loved it. After the show I watched all the trailers and thought this movie looks cool. So to see the full version of the trailers I can see why so many are satisfied!!

Wait, so you're saying kids will think I-rex is a real dinosaur so that's why its bad? Just like they think there's a real Batman and real spaceships in a galaxy far, far away?

I think you're mad because this movie colored outside your lines, that's all.

I always viewed this as a dino movie AND a genetics cautionary tale -- warning against playing with nature.

You know as much as a JP fan I am I do have some irks:

1. Officially opened in 2005 and ran for 10 years. Besides the Acid Containment Unit, I wonder why no detachment of Costa Rican Military or US was based there.
2. Like Operation Genesis the game... No shelters... even John Hammond had a safe house in JP you think there'd be one for 21 thousand tourists.
3. Brachiosaurus was on Isla Nublar too and you hear it's bellows a lot... but no show...
4. Baryonx was listed but not shown.
5. Dilophosaurus was only used as a holo distraction.
6. I guess the I-rex communicating with Raptors kinda disturbed me... since in JP series raptors always did their own thing...
7. No dedication to Richard Attenborough (RIP)
8. Masrani said Hammond entrusted Ingen to him. Which I thought Ingen was on Chapter 11 in TLW and Hammond went to being a naturalist. Henceforth... his CNN interview... "If we could just step right back and let nature take it's course... Life will find a way..." So I thought it be better he bought it...
9. We don't see much of what Wu does honestly, I thought a great patch up would be Owen and Masrani forcing Wu to open his genetics lab and explaining everything like a scolded child.
10. Thought the Original JP Vistor Center was way too overgrown for 22 years... and that poster with a Raptor from SDCC lied showing it laying eggs in a old ford explorer.
11. Invisible fences...
12. If your going to put a tracker put it in the middle of the intestines... least the animal kill itself trying to claw out.
13. People waiting for a ferry to evacuate... They should have reserve emergency ones.
14. Richard Kiley replaced with Jimmy Fallon. lolz
15. No mass uproar of mad people at end screaming for loving ones or why god why while owen and Claire just walk into sunset. You think there'd be a mass crowd trying to start some ****... I mean look at ferguson... lolz

Why do people seem so truly, deeply and personally offended that movie studios want to make money? I can't wrap my head around the outrage over that. :dunno

its not that im offended that the movie makes money, its just that this movie was already made and it was called "jurassic park"........just the dumbed down version. To me its equivalent to hot toys producing more iron man figures because its equals more sales.

thankfully though this means that there will be more studios will invest in more dinosaurs movies and then a good one might come along the way.

Ha-ha-ha! Just like the Feral Kid theory. What's with 4th installments?

Or rather, just how many autistic kids do we have in population now? Even the JW kid was.

Id have to google the number but there has been an increase in autism in kids. Better testing is allowing for it to be detected and the severity varies from child to child.

You know as much as a JP fan I am I do have some irks:

1. Officially opened in 2005 and ran for 10 years. Besides the Acid Containment Unit, I wonder why no detachment of Costa Rican Military or US was based there.
2. Like Operation Genesis the game... No shelters... even John Hammond had a safe house in JP you think there'd be one for 21 thousand tourists.
3. Brachiosaurus was on Isla Nublar too and you hear it's bellows a lot... but no show...
4. Baryonx was listed but not shown.
5. Dilophosaurus was only used as a holo distraction.
6. I guess the I-rex communicating with Raptors kinda disturbed me... since in JP series raptors always did their own thing...
7. No dedication to Richard Attenborough (RIP)
8. Masrani said Hammond entrusted Ingen to him. Which I thought Ingen was on Chapter 11 in TLW and Hammond went to being a naturalist. Henceforth... his CNN interview... "If we could just step right back and let nature take it's course... Life will find a way..." So I thought it be better he bought it...
9. We don't see much of what Wu does honestly, I thought a great patch up would be Owen and Masrani forcing Wu to open his genetics lab and explaining everything like a scolded child.
10. Thought the Original JP Vistor Center was way too overgrown for 22 years... and that poster with a Raptor from SDCC lied showing it laying eggs in a old ford explorer.
11. Invisible fences...
12. If your going to put a tracker put it in the middle of the intestines... least the animal kill itself trying to claw out.
13. People waiting for a ferry to evacuate... They should have reserve emergency ones.
14. Richard Kiley replaced with Jimmy Fallon. lolz
15. No mass uproar of mad people at end screaming for loving ones or why god why while owen and Claire just walk into sunset. You think there'd be a mass crowd trying to start some ****... I mean look at ferguson... lolz

your list has a couple from mine lol

1. cell phone reception for redhead was amazing through the whole movie, that battery is amazing!
2. people running in circles instead of running inside a building when velociraptors are picking them up
3. kids fixing the jeep faster than i can replace a lightbulb
4. reusing same jurassic park theme, thats just too convenient and unoriginal
5. reusing same nose sniffing shot from the original movie around shot in 5 different instances again milking the original
6. annoying big nosed assistant who keeps repeating everything she's told on a headset, it was especially funny when she said it crying
7. the favra looking army dude, i just kept thinking favra
8. running in heels, i didnt think it was going to bother me but it did
9. harley in a jungle
10. not just smart dinos, super smart dinos
11. the blood splatter death, too funny looked like dripping kool aid
12. "it can camouflage!"....dead, it was unintentionally funny
13. jimmy fallon's cameo, i just dont like him
14. cell reception (go to number 1)
15. the same look i can walk through the hologram shot like 3 or 4 times
16. big brother instantly learns to love little brother (just kinda happened randomly)
17. unnecessary english babysitter..........kinda made her death funny when it happens
18. george takei sounding/looking scientist
19. indian owner, i just didnt engage with the character so when he died i was like mehhhhh

Id have to google the number but there has been an increase in autism in kids. Better testing is allowing for it to be detected and the severity varies from child to child.

Governments way of making population control... kid becomes adult had breakdown attacks cop and well.. Hey a-dev can I borrow your ian gif?

With regard to law suits I'm wondering what "laws" this island off the coast of Costa Rica even abides by? Does everyone sign a "will not sue" waiver who gets on a cruise ship?

And I made a point the second time around to see what all the flyers (pteranodons and dimorphodons) were doing in the background during their big attack. A LOT of people were being shoved into the pavement and violently stabbed by pteranodon beaks. Considering that the helicopter copilot was apparently killed by one such thrust it seems like civilians would have died during the attack. Now usually in a movie like this the "rule" is that if people like that are dying you either show one or two lifeless bodies or have someone mention it after the fact. "We've got 9 confirmed guest deaths." "Dear God." Or what have you. So by that rule the movie seemed to be saying that people were injured but not killed. Hard to say for certain.

If I were to give an honest criticism to the film it would be how much it glossed over the death of the assistant. What was her name, Nava or something? Why couldn't they give her something easy to remember like "Indominous?" ;) I hadn't recalled that the two boys literally WATCHED the whole thing go down from the railing. That **** should have scarred them for LIFE. And yet a few seconds later they were all, "Hey Claire, who's that guy you were kissing?" So if there was one thing I do kind of wish the film did differently it was to have them in a state of catatonic shock when Claire found them with a couple scenes of them getting their bearings before they get back to their normal selves. Brody's son in Jaws had a much more legitimate reaction to the man in the row boat getting eaten.

As it is I just have to hand wave that scene as being one death out of many that they were witnessing (so again, I need to assume that park guests WERE dying around them) and that they were already getting numb to it when the assistant was eaten.

I'm fascinated by autism actually, and have a strong belief we all have it to a degree -- especially "collectors". But it also tends to result in a need for "full explanations" and 'origin stories' and everything needed to be connected, which I can find frustrating because it totally tramples on creativity in the sense that some things are better off left unknown. Mystery is good.

its not that im offended that the movie makes money, its just that this movie was already made and it was called "jurassic park"........just the dumbed down version. To me its equivalent to hot toys producing more iron man figures because its equals more sales.

thankfully though this means that there will be more studios will invest in more dinosaurs movies and then a good one might come along the way.

Giving people what they want isn't a bad business idea. Apparently there are enough people willing to buy all the variations of Iron Man to make it a profitable endeavor for the company.

What's the old saying, there are only 7 stories that can be told? If one of them involves people getting eaten by dinosaurs, I'm okay with it. :lol

Back