Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

Reading all these posts makes me feel like I haven't seen this film. In a way, I didn't.

Did it leave you cold A-Dev? I can certainly imagine why some people wouldn't like it. I thought the sheer fun if it washed away my cynicism very quickly.
That and the fact I watched the original last week in 3D and was amazed by how brilliantly silly it was.

I guess this needed some sharp dialogue and rounded characters but I was too busy laughing at the silly assistant getting brutally and repeatedly tortured by giant dinos. :lol

That rex really loves flares

I just love that Claire did the 'iconic' Malcom run with it.

So I took my 4.5 year old and....he fell asleep about an hour in right before all the **** hit the fan. He was up late the night before for a family thing and woke up a little early. Couple that with the D-Box and I think he was rocked to sleep. Tried to wake him up but he was OUT. So we'll be headed back this weekend. (can't wait!)

The last thing we see the rex doing in JP is laying the smackdown on the raptors.

In JW she should have killed that cocky hero raptor and beat the **** out of the I-rex with it's limp corpse.

I just love that Claire did the 'iconic' Malcom run with it.

So I took my 4.5 year old and....he fell asleep about an hour in right before all the **** hit the fan. He was up late the night before for a family thing and woke up a little early. Couple that with the D-Box and I think he was rocked to sleep. Tried to wake him up but he was OUT. So we'll be headed back this weekend. (can't wait!)

A good reason to go back! Hopefully he gets to see it all. :rock :D

For me I like how the fight went down. The fact that she couldn't take the I-Rex down by herself kinda' justified the I-Rex's existence, bigger, stronger and all that. I really like how Blue and Rexy teamed up too, the greater good and all that, showed that they're more than just animals, they knew what had to be done. Despite her age (which you could tell she was older) she put in a few good slams towards the end.

I want to say that you are projecting humanity onto these animals when you say that they are 'more than just animals' and 'knew what had to be done'. Why would they care? As far as they were concerned what ''had to be done''? I think there should be plausible reasons why these animals are doing what they're doing and I'm not sure the film provides any, but I could be wrong. I'm open to hearing about it.

Why would the T-Rex and Raptor pause to acknowledge eachother after the fight for example? It's a very human thing to want to see but I'm not sure it makes sense for 2 animals to do it. Seems to me the Raptor ought to have made a discreet exit in case the Rex decided to eat it. Realistically I doubt the Rex should have even been aware of the raptor during the fight let alone pause to thank it for its assistance.

I know this will be seen as over-analysing and it probably is. I'm sure there was probably implausible animal behaviours in the first movie that I'm not thinking of? Although I don't think it stretched credibility quite this much.

Did it leave you cold A-Dev? I can certainly imagine why some people wouldn't like it. I thought the sheer fun if it washed away my cynicism very quickly.
That and the fact I watched the original last week in 3D and was amazed by how brilliantly silly it was.

I guess this needed some sharp dialogue and rounded characters but I was too busy laughing at the silly assistant getting brutally and repeatedly tortured by giant dinos. :lol

Unfortunately that level of enjoyment is taken away from you when you can barely make out what's happening on the screen from 2 metres away and you're still pissed off that your reserved seats were taken by someone else. All you're left with then is ''wow that was a bad line of dialogue'', ''wow, I really don't give a crap about any of these characters'', ''another divorcing parents storyline....really?''

Last edited:

Unfortunately that level of enjoyment is taken away from you when you can barely make out what's happening on the screen from 2 metres away and you're still pissed off that your reserved seats were taken by someone else. All you're left with then is ''wow that was a bad line of dialogue'' or ''wow, I really don't give a crap about any of these characters''

Ah bollox sorry, didn't know they were your seats. Nice and comfy too.

This movie is so amazing that we really shouldn't care about

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yet it worked so very well, it moved everyone in both of my screenings!

The first time I saw the film I had no idea whether it was supposed to be the "original" one or not. It didn't matter. Didn't stop me from going:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol

I really feel for you a-dev. The environment I'm in when watching a film really can taint an experience for me too. However, I've never had a movie that I would have genuinely loved turned into something I hate. If anything the recognition that I *could* have truly enjoyed a film might make me more annoyed at cell phones, the projector breaking, what have you but I'm guessing if you found the film to be terrible then that's probably the same opinion you would have had in your choice center seats.

:lol

I really feel for you a-dev. The environment I'm in when watching a film really can taint an experience for me too. However, I've never had a movie that I would have genuinely loved turned into something I hate. If anything the recognition that I *could* have truly enjoyed a film might make me more annoyed at cell phones, the projector breaking, what have you but I'm guessing if you found the film to be terrible then that's probably the same opinion you would have had in your choice center seats.

The experience means that the film certainly merits another shot. But at home.

By the way - Jurassic World Raptors may not be 'Uncle Bob'....but was the T-Rex?

I know this will be seen as over-analysing and it probably is.
There you go.

I didn't think they had a "moment", people just interpreted it wrong. It's not like they winked or blew kisses at each other. They literally just looked at each other and walked away. I'm guessing the Rex was thinking "Should I go eat this raptor now? I'm wounded pretty bad and really tired but...**** it I'm leaving". And I think Blue was only watching her to see what she would do next.

Blue then looks over at Owen not out of love or friendship, but to interpret his next command.

That's how I saw it.

"Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?”

My childhood: Consisted of names like Tyrannosaurus rex, Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Iguanodon etc. Dinosaurs I still remember in my drawing in crayons, books and plastic toys.

June 12th 2015 and into our future, Paramount Pictures has ruined this for all children with the introduction of "INDOMINUS REX”. Jurassic World force feed the viewers the thought that after 14 year of waiting for a new JP movie we were already sick of dinosaurs. So Paramount Pictures created their own to market, sell to our children and place a fictional dinosaur into their consciousness. INDOMINUS REX exists now like it or not (with this stand alone movie or future sequels).

I love monster, creature movies. Giant alligators, snakes, apes etc., but JP was a place set aside for Dinosaurs. If I wanted my Dinosaur hit I would watch one of the three JP movies. I can sit on my couch and say “Damn look at those dinosaurs”! JW has violated this. Theres no law but I feel rules have been broken. INDOMINUS REX…..I didn’t know what to feel. "Its not a dinosaur, is it a monster? Then why does it look like a dinosaur. Dad. Yes son. When did INDOMINUS REX live? Well son INDOMINUS REX did not live. I know dad they are all extinct. Oh ****!!!

When I was young I never got bored of the zoo. I never got bored of lions, tigers elephants because I never see them everyday. If there was a opportunity to go to the zoo I would be like “YESSS”!!! Never did I think that I wished for something new. That’s I wished they took a Elephants body and place a lions head on it. That’s sort of thought would have been reserved for a carnival (man with a elephant head, woman with a kangaroo tail). I go to a zoo to see genuine animals NOT splice creatures.

JW reason for INDOMINUS REX is due to park attendance. People want to see something new, something bigger. When they first mentioned this new creature I imagined it to be about twice the size of T-rex. Something that would have obviously stood out as bigger. To be honest it looked the same size to me. Could not tell the difference. IMO the key and focus of the movie should have been around the “Mosasurus” (water dinosaur). I mean its huge, its a water creature, it actually existed and has never been seen in a JP movie. Everything they said they needed to boost attendance was right there. And what does this movie do?? They treat it as a background creature, like a Dinosaur that has been there since the original JP. My favourite scene in JW was when the assistant was dropped into the water and the Pteranodon’s were diving into the water (birds do this in real life). It was a great seen and new visual. Fourteen years ago after JP3 I felt that this franchise needed a reboot. We saw the zoo, we experienced the safari, we went into the wild. We needed a new frontier, a new focus that JP had not yet explored. We needed “Sea World”. Site C (sea). I have no idea how the story could revolve around under water BUT if you could make a movie based on splice creature with camouflage abilities and trained Raptors, you could most likely write a script for JW Seaworld!!

I also want to stress that as a huge fan of the JP franchise. I wanted JW to tell me their story and show me their characters and visuals all for the first time so I avoided all theatrical trailers, tease images, character/actor reveals, synopsis of movies. I was going in 100% fresh folks. Equivalent to going on Netflix selecting a movie I never heard of and pressing play. To this JW was a disappointment.

I could however see how so many of you loved it. After the show I watched all the trailers and thought this movie looks cool. So to see the full version of the trailers I can see why so many are satisfied!!

By the way - Jurassic World Raptors may not be 'Uncle Bob'....but was the T-Rex?

Not Uncle Bob, she was 22 years older, so I guess she was...Pops. :lol

But that's how you do a freaking Pops. Charging through a Spinosaurus skeleton in slow motion not "I've been waiting for you," *monkey smile*

Why would the T-Rex and Raptor pause to acknowledge eachother after the fight for example?

You can take it however you want but I think it was most likely the Blue going "Alpha?" And the T-Rex saying, "nah, kid, I work alone." ;)

Could be a fun scene to add subtitles too though.

Blue: "How will you live T-Rex?"

T-Rex: "Day by day..."

It's a hard road...when you're on your own...

Owen also mentioned that the Raptors imprinted on him at birth and he's been on the island for 2 years.

Back