Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people are over analysing the movie. It is what it is and never sold itself as something else. If anything the trailers make it look more cheesy than it actually was. The Pratt motorbike scene is a prime example; in the context of the movie it fits quite well, it's not Pratt riding with raptors, it's Pratt basically following them because they're so focused on the hide and seek job.

The box office numbers speak volumes, I imagine word of mouth has played a big part. People really like this movie.

Re: Jurassic World

I'm fascinated by autism actually, and have a strong belief we all have it to a degree -- especially "collectors". But it also tends to result in a need for "full explanations" and 'origin stories' and everything needed to be connected, which I can find frustrating because it totally tramples on creativity in the sense that some things are better off left unknown. Mystery is good.

It's an interesting disability for lack of a better term. It has such a wide variety of how it affects kids and then of course you have other disabilities that are related. I've had the chance to work with a few kids who fall under this. Some have been quite high functioning and some are basically toddlers forever. As you said it's fascinating from that perspective.

It is what it is and never sold itself as something else.

I agree. That's part of the reason I was thinking it would suck... and part of the reason I was so surprised when I enjoyed it. Maybe the the fact that I was swung around just added to my enjoyment. That's part of my thinking when I say this might not hold up well over time. I can see this movie looking sillier in 4 years time. It's definitely a movie of the moment -- like Avatar was. Although I think ev eryone likes dinos better than blue faeries.

It's definitely a movie of the moment -- like Avatar was.

I actually think JW will hold up better than JP. As thrilling as it was to see dinos on screen and the T-Rex and kitchen scenes I was always left wanting since it didn't have a true "smile you son of a *****!" moment. Her just roaring and everyone leaving the island always felt a bit anti-climactic. It's still a "classic," but JW is the Jurassic movie I always hoped to see.

It's an interesting disability for lack of a better term. It has such a wide variety of how it affects kids and then of course you have other disabilities that are related. I've had the chance to work with a few kids who fall under this. Some have been quite high functioning and some are basically toddlers forever. As you said it's fascinating from that perspective.

It is amazing. It's like the brain is evolving -- some successfully and some not so. Like the old saying about madness and genius. The variance of scale including OCD and others forms of this mysterious 'autism' is fascinating. The need for control/explanation and order to the point of obsessive repetitveness. I could go on and on, but some people are liekly uncomfortable with it. Anyway, it is of great interest to me. I was very happy to see the kid in this movie represented in the way he was.

It is amazing. It's like the brain is evolving -- some successfully and some not so. Like the old saying about madness and genius. The variance of scale including OCD and others forms of this mysterious 'autism' is fascinating. The need for control/explanation and order to the point of obsessive repetitveness. I could go on and on, but some people are liekly uncomfortable with it. Anyway, it is of great interest to me. I was very happy to see the kid in this movie represented in the way he was.

I agree it's very as you said fascinating thing to study as we learn to understand this better and cure if it can be. I thought the kid was handled quite well to get it sort of back on topic.

I agree. That's part of the reason I was thinking it would suck... and part of the reason I was so surprised when I enjoyed it. Maybe the the fact that I was swung around just added to my enjoyment. That's part of my thinking when I say this might not hold up well over time. I can see this movie looking sillier in 4 years time. It's definitely a movie of the moment -- like Avatar was. Although I think ev eryone likes dinos better than blue faeries.

Avatar was a movie of the moment and failed to deliver it's sequels whilst the Avatar buzz was still strong. Universal need to try and get a sequel out for JW by 2018 latest.

6. I guess the I-rex communicating with Raptors kinda disturbed me... since in JP series raptors always did their own thing...
7. No dedication to Richard Attenborough (RIP)
6. The I-Rex was part Velociraptor though.
7. There was a statue of him in one of the main buildings.

I think people are over analysing the movie. It is what it is and never sold itself as something else. If anything the trailers make it look more cheesy than it actually was. The Pratt motorbike scene is a prime example; in the context of the movie it fits quite well, it's not Pratt riding with raptors, it's Pratt basically following them because they're so focused on the hide and seek job.

The box office numbers speak volumes, I imagine word of mouth has played a big part. People really like this movie.
Well said Goose.

I actually think JW will hold up better than JP.

Time will tell I guess.

Can't tell you how many people I argued with over the lasting power of Avatar -- and still do -- or Superman Returns in its first few weeks. After multiple viewings, once the charm has worn off, the jokes worn thin, the surprises not surprising, all you're left with is the stripped down movie adventure -- which has the benefit of moving swiftly but also has the downside of being a bit preposterous (that's not a dino name).

Listen, I love this movie and can't wait to see it again. But I grew tired of re-viewing JP and I'll grow tired of this one too. And this movie is much more "unbelievable" that JP1 was.

Well said Goose.

Trailers showed...

Operational park...
'Trained' raptors...
Hybrid dinosaur...

All things people had doubts and laughs over yet it delivered on them in my opinion and the movie delivered more than it promised. Considering the general audience didn't know about the Rex is was deffo a 'wow' moment as an extra.

Iron Man 3: $1.2 billion global box office
Jurassic World: $511 million opening weekend.

Forget Pratt, apparently this kid needs to start making $20 million a picture! :lol

MV5BMjE3OTMzMDA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE2Mzc0NTE@._V1_UY317_CR11,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I actually had no idea about the i-rex when I went to see it. That was a total surprise for me. But I'm a huge villain fan and I found that crazy mixed-race rex to be an excellent villain. Especially with the "he's killing for sport" scene. What do you do with a dino that is a murderer and enjoys it?

**** Disney! You forgot to buy the Jurassic Park license! Can't get box office domination now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trailers showed...

Operational park...
'Trained' raptors...
Hybrid dinosaur...

All things people had doubts and laughs over yet it delivered on them in my opinion and the movie delivered more than it promised. Considering the general audience didn't know about the Rex is was deffo a 'wow' moment as an extra.
Yep. It was advertised as what it was from the start. I'm not going to say this was a great movie, but we received pretty much exactly what the trailers promised us, and like you said, a bit more.

That's exactly how I felt. Scenes in trailer looked cheesy and cringe worthy, but in the context of the movie, they worked well.

One last note on whether this movie will stand the test of time...

As an example, this is a collectors forum where we show our fandom by collecting/making figures. And yet, there are hardly any JP threads... and the two threads I'm tracking (Grant and Malcolm customs) have been stalling for a long time. Isn't that an indication of how obsessive the fandom is over this dino world? It is an indiaction that lasting love and obsession are just not there for this series. Not like Star Wars or Marvel or Terminator or Batman or Aliens or Indiana Jones or Bond....

How many of you have a 1/6 JP shelf?

One last note on whether this movie will stand the test of time...

As an example, this is a collectors forum where we show our fandom by collecting/making figures. And yet, there are hardly any JP threads... and the two threads I'm tracking (Grant and Malcolm customs) have been stalling for a long time. Isn't that an indication of how obsessive the fandom is over this dino world? It is an indiaction that lasting love and obsession are just not there for this series. Not like Star Wars or Marvel or Terminator or Batman or Aliens or Indiana Jones or Bond....

How many of you have a 1/6 JP shelf?

how many 1/6 dinos have been produced? For me the dinos are the stars and I have very little interest in figures of the human characters. If highend dino figures were made I'm sure the would be a much bigger following for JP on this site. Atm, it's mainly the occasional statue so not much to discuss as Hasbro stuff doesn't cut it for most. Hopefully chronicle changes this now they have the licenses.

The sideshow line is nice but not JP nice. I'm in for that chronicle rex, gonna be a lot of coin though.

Back