Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

I initially thought this was a prequel since the cgi looks pre-1993 :lol

I doubt that's the final CGI. Movie has over 6 months till release.

The days of practical effects are a thing of the past. There's not much we can do about it now except to just appreciate the things that we enjoyed in the past, JP female Rex, Alien, Predator etc...

JW has animatronics, too.

I'm sure it wont be as good as the 1st one, you just can't beat the sense of wonder of the 1st one, the novelty of the concept and the awesome animatronics.

But it's looking fun indeed.

This is how I see it, the first one to me is as amazing as it is because it is not just a dinosaur movie but it is a theme park movie. The greatest thing about the first one is that while everyone wants to see the dinosaurs, it was also like watching a movie about going to Disney world or something even if most people didn't care.
Even the scene when the raptor is born worked both as a dinosaur scene and as a behind the scenes at a theme park scene. (same with the feeding of the raptor)
not only are you learning about the dinosaurs at first but you are getting a tour of the backstage.

to me that's where the excitement came from, the fact that Spielberg was able to capture that "theme park" excitement as well was pure genius. that's what the other two lacked. the other two were focused only on the dinosaurs and didn't have anything else going for them. (Which might be one of the reasons it was so hated) The second one at least had the bad guys hunting the dinos but the 3rd was completely focused on the island and the dinosaurs roaming around.

This movie might never be as good as the first one but at least that "Theme park" excitement is back. I know it doesn't sound like much and today most people are just interested in the dinosaurs (Again) but I do have high hopes because that sense of wonder is back. That's why I hope the theme park scenes last more than 30 or 40 minutes. I really hope they don't go lose control of the park right away. we need that "theme park" feeling back.

I'm pretty sure that raptor coming up on him to his right is about to knock him over
also did those Raptors come out of Paddocks, is there Raptor Racing in the new Park?

If they ever had the ability to create a Jurassic Park in real life, would you support it?

I think a raptor bros sig may be in order. :D

That would be legendary :drool

Utau4ng.gif

please do it!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :yess:

At first I thought they were chasing them, and then I was like.... WTF??? :lol

I wish I can make this my sig. It's like Star-Lord discovered how to communicate with them and lead them into battle. :lol

Me too :lol

This is how I see it, the first one to me is as amazing as it is because it is not just a dinosaur movie but it is a theme park movie. The greatest thing about the first one is that while everyone wants to see the dinosaurs, it was also like watching a movie about going to Disney world or something even if most people didn't care.
Even the scene when the raptor is born worked both as a dinosaur scene and as a behind the scenes at a theme park scene. (same with the feeding of the raptor)
not only are you learning about the dinosaurs at first but you are getting a tour of the backstage.

to me that's where the excitement came from, the fact that Spielberg was able to capture that "theme park" excitement as well was pure genius. that's what the other two lacked. the other two were focused only on the dinosaurs and didn't have anything else going for them. (Which might be one of the reasons it was so hated) The second one at least had the bad guys hunting the dinos but the 3rd was completely focused on the island and the dinosaurs roaming around.

This movie might never be as good as the first one but at least that "Theme park" excitement is back. I know it doesn't sound like much and today most people are just interested in the dinosaurs (Again) but I do have high hopes because that sense of wonder is back. That's why I hope the theme park scenes last more than 30 or 40 minutes. I really hope they don't go lose control of the park right away. we need that "theme park" feeling back.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I agree, we'll actually see a working park in this one, the management of the park in the first movie was a massive fail, leaving the park in the hands of an unstable fat guy was just the dumbest thing they could've done, I will always hate that.

Unlike JP3, which was a lame copy paste of the old movies, this one has some originality to it so the potential is there

If they ever had the ability to create a Jurassic Park in real life, would you support it?

Let me put it this way, if we created something that looks like a bulldog in a lab we would go to jail :lol
(thats very hypocritical btw, ugh humans...)

Its just a matter of time... it will happen, I mean we may be able to bring them back to life but not for entertainment, at least at first...

Last edited:

That's a good point, I didn't see it that way, I must admit there was a lingering feeling of curiosity when I saw the park open and working, but the CGI just stole my attention.

I can see this being the second best one of the franchise.

I was in until the "you created a new Dino" and raptor bros running alongside him. I dunno.

The Praptors could work very well. They just need to be done right. The idea isn't farfetched at all. And someone complained about the hybrid dinosaur? Come on, this entire franchise is based on hybrid dinosaurs. Geneticists "playing God".

This could be the best film in the series if done right.

The Praptors could work very well. They just need to be done right. The idea isn't farfetched at all. And someone complained about the hybrid dinosaur? Come on, this entire franchise is based on hybrid dinosaurs. Geneticists "playing God".

This could be the best film in the series if done right.

It all depends on what it looks like and how smart it actually is. If it looks stupid the movie will fail with people.

if it is TOO smart people won't buy it either.

I keep thinking of those guys that raise lions from birth and release them into the wild, then come back 15 years later and the lions instantly recognize them and give them a hug. That's how I'm trying to justify it but it still feels weird because I keep thinking of Muldoon's speech in the first movie and can't imagine those mean bastards ever being docile.

i really wanna see that too. something about a helpicopter and a machine gun or something. someone please help a bro out!

I keep thinking of those guys that raise lions from birth and release them into the wild, then come back 15 years later and the lions instantly recognize them and give them a hug. That's how I'm trying to justify it but it still feels weird because I keep thinking of Muldoon's speech in the first movie and can't imagine those mean bastards ever being docile.

Scary to watch to be honest. Obviously you know this report isn't going to be showing a man being ripped apart by lions by the words ''only a matter of time'' very much come to mind.

Back