Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

Weren't the Raptors in JP innacurate anyway? I'm sure I've read somewhere that Raptors were a lot smaller than depicted on screen

They were the size of the Deinonychus. I think they just liked the name Velociraptor better.

Really? I've seen documentaries about the movie where they say that the raptors were specifically based off of deinonychus specimens, but the velociraptor name which was used in the novel, sounded a lot better. I've looked at a few of the size charts and it looks about right in their standard posture, but I guess they could've made them a bit bigger to make them look scarier.

Deinonychus is about 3 feet tall and the Utahraptor is about 8 feet tall and the Velociraptors in the films are said to be 6 feet tall. I'm not doubting they said that in the docs, but to me they are more similar to the Utah than the Deinos.

Set Construction photos.
hawaii4.jpg

Obviously nothing much since they really just started. This is in Hawaii at Kualoa Ranch where the first film was shot.

Also, Rick Carter (art director of JP and TLW) had a recent interview where he talked about JW. He's working on Star Wars, so he won't be art directing this film, but he did have some input.

“Since I was there for the first two Jurassic Parks, I was invited in by Steven [Spielberg] and Frank Marshall to come and try and set up something that would actually refer back to those first movies yet take us into the present tense. There’s a young director [Colin Trevorrow] who has come in who is fantastic, so I just – we went back and mined some of those things that we’ve done before but then how to bring them into a world now.”

I hope all the spinosaur's get destroyed.

By the trex from the first movie

6ogeF96.gif

My son is just getting into Dino's right now. Loves Jurassic Park 1 and 2, and not very fond of the Spino in 3. We actually just went to the toy store today and he picked out the Pappo T-Rex and infant Rex with the last of his Christmas money.

Looking forward to taking him to this. :)

Those little papo figs are awesome, I'm always meaning to get some for my desk.

6ogeF96.gif

My son is just getting into Dino's right now. Loves Jurassic Park 1 and 2, and not very fond of the Spino in 3. We actually just went to the toy store today and he picked out the Pappo T-Rex and infant Rex with the last of his Christmas money.

Those little papo figs are awesome, I'm always meaning to get some for my desk.

Agreed! I own a number of Papos. They are very detailed and cool figures!!! :rock

That's cool. Hopefully Jurassic World inspires the younger generation like Jurassic Park did for us.

hmm I wonder if there will be stuff from JP:The Game in JW.

That little pic got me pretty excited. Love the fog covering the mountains, good looking Island.

But all of my hopes for this will bank on the dinosaur designs. Unless they are classic JP/TLW I'm not even giving it a chance. Zero interest in more JP3 styled crap or even worse.

Dilophosaurus that inaccurately spit venom or bust.

That little pic got me pretty excited. Love the fog covering the mountains, good looking Island.

But all of my hopes for this will bank on the dinosaur designs. Unless they are classic JP/TLW I'm not even giving it a chance. Zero interest in more JP3 styled crap or even worse.

Dilophosaurus that inaccurately spit venom or bust.

I don't fancy seeing a feathered T-Rex either.

They're human tampered, infused with frog DNA funneled through a 60 million year old insect. That's all the reasoning I need for them to not look like actual scientific dinos.

Back