Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure what we have here is a case of

joke-stepping: filling in the part that doesn't need to be said. Indeed, the point of some jokes is deliberately omitting information. These are jokes where the punchline is implied and the humor comes from the listener filling in the blank.

wez should have just posted the video link, I haven't seen it in awhile.

It is surprising when you consider that Titanic is one of the top two films of all time, and it doesn't have a sequel yet.

Was this sarcasm? What sequel can you make about a boat that sunk? Jack coming back from the dead as a white walker and raging war on the world for not checking the ship specs?

Hm well they didn't find his body when they were looking for him. Maybe there's hope.

wez should have just posted the video link, I haven't seen it in awhile.

Title will be JP2: Rogue Raptors
It will be a story about Raptors (assets as they kept being referred to in JW) doing hits for the CIA with Bryce as their trainer in knee-high stiletto boots.
JW was beyond stupid by the way.

Colin Trevorrow discusses Jurassic World 2 plot details
“We looked at it as a trilogy from the very beginning,” he told the podcast. “We designed the whole thing that way. And, honestly, the whole trilogy is articulated in Jurassic Park. Jurassic World is all based on Ian Malcolm’s quote: ‘you stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you knew what you had, you’d packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox and now you want to sell it.’ That, to me, is Jurassic World. That’s why I had all the product placement, that’s what it was. So with Jurassic World 2 it’s: “dinosaurs and man separated by 65 million years of evolution have been thrown back into the mix together – how can we know what to expect?’. That’s not the exact quote, but you get the idea.”

“And that’s why its exciting the movie did well”, he continues. “I had a beginning, a middle and an end and it was designed this way. So now we get to play that out.”

“It’ll be a different kind of film,” he says of the sequel. “And the audience has given us kind of permission to take this to the next level. And I don’t mean in scale. I feel very strongly that this is not ‘more dinosaurs’ or ‘bigger dinosaurs’, it’s about using this as a starting point to discover our relationship with these animals and with animals in general, and the dynamic that was created by bringing them back to life.”

“We made [Jurassic World] with the fans very much in mind,” he continues. “And I’m not going to forget that, but we’ve seen a lot of ‘dinosaurs chasing people around on an island’ movies. And I think you guys and the general audience are going to be down to explore where else we can go. Owen is going to be in it, Claire is in it and neither are going to be in the same place we left them in the first movie. And even though Claire is the one who evolves the most over the trilogy, it’s her story that mirrors this changing world. Owen has **** to deal with. They’ve both opened Pandora’s Box in Jurassic World and both of them are responsible for different elements of it. And I think the way these characters are connected to these circumstances of what’s happening, it’s different than previous films. It’s not ‘let’s manufacture a way to get them somewhere’, they’re embedded into it now in a way that us storytellers are able to keep them involved without it feeling contrived.”

"Jurassic World is all based on Ian Malcolm’s quote: ‘you stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you knew what you had, you’d packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox and now you want to sell it.’ That, to me, is Jurassic World."

They really ARE shameless hacks.

JW2 won't be a huge blockbuster like JW- the novelty and nostalgia factor will be gone

Jurassic World is all based on Ian Malcolm’s quote: ‘you stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you knew what you had, you’d packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox and now you want to sell it.’ That, to me, is Jurassic World.

Facepalm-GIF-9.gif

:lol:lol:lol Wow...

I get that they wanted to explore the hybrid idea in JW but it's not a story I want to see evolving over a trilogy. I just want a standard dinosaur movie. I worry we'll end up seeing the dinos with guns idea soon.

Back