Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably more for nostalgic reasons really. Nothing will beat being a 6 year old kid seeing dinosaurs on a movie screen for the first time. Movies lose that magic as you get older, hence why most of the people on this forum hate every movie that comes out nowadays.

tenor.gif

Of course the films of the entire DECADE when you were a child appear better.....your drawing on 10 years of films.....

Now 1984 was a Magic year, so we will take that as some good decisions by the people with the cash.....

But , if you look at the 2010-2017 we have similar highlights in film.....

Theses may not seem worthy to you but they are on tap with the films of our youth...

Of course , you can argue with some of these films, but not all of them. Much of what you could argue would be chalked up to our advanced age and the fact we are more cynical now.

Ask some teens what the best films of their childhood so far are....you gonna have some day , Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, Jaws, BTTF.....but a lot are going to pick from this list before those....

Mad Max Fury Road
How to Train your Dragon
Dawn of Planet of the Apes
Frozen
Moana
Coco
The Martian
Avengers
GOTG
The Cabin in the Woods
The Dark Knight Rises
Inception
Blade Runner 2049
Wonder Woman
DeadPool
HP Deathly Hallows 2
Rouge One
TFA
The Hunger Games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry but that's a pretty moronic logic.

Most people on this forum don't even watch actual movies nowadays. Blockbuster is one of the lowest forms of cinema, most of them are not even worth mentioning.

You acquire taste and understanding of cinema when you grow up. You watch something you used to adore as a kid and find it boring and tasteless. Or maybe it stood the test of time and you can appreciate it even more as an adult. IF you ever grow up, of course.

Nostalgia is a parasite that makes your mind weak. Kill it with fire. No remorse.

Or maybe some people just enjoy action or generally more light-hearted entertainment and don't feel the need to watch pretentious drama or whatever just because they are a certain age and 'prove' that they are adults. Luckiest are the people who keep their inner child alive until they die.

Everyone's taste is different. Maybe other's understanding of cinema is just having a good time with some escapism into a fantasy world. Also I still like the same kind of movies & shows I already did as a kid. If growing up would really mean not being able to enjoy the same things anymore, I never want to.

People who don't like blockbusters don't need to watch them.

Will Fallen Kingdom be as good as Jurassic Park, no. Will it even be half as good, probably not.

Will I go and see it opening weekend with my family and enjoy the experience, yes. If you can't do that these days then what's the point...

Anyone else disappointed that they already spoiled 2 rescue points? The T-Rex takes out the dino about to attack them by the gyrosphere and the dino that takes out the guy pointing a gun at them in the tunnel. Seems like another issue of trailers showing too much.

Also, what's the plan in the tunnel? They see on the screen that something is coming, they say so, then...just stand there......until it arrives. Not trying to nitpick too soon given we don't know the full story but the scene set up seems like they are making some of the same mistakes as the last one.

Anyone else disappointed that they already spoiled 2 rescue points? The T-Rex takes out the dino about to attack them by the gyrosphere and the dino that takes out the guy pointing a gun at them in the tunnel. Seems like another issue of trailers showing too much.

Also, what's the plan in the tunnel? They see on the screen that something is coming, they say so, then...just stand there......until it arrives. Not trying to nitpick too soon given we don't know the full story but the scene set up seems like they are making some of the same mistakes as the last one.

Man , rewatched the trailer with my very excited 12 year old, and I noticed it as well!

I think we are only seeing the very beginning of the film in the trailer.

We also see the Dino’s being air lifted off the island , and the Dino in some girls bedroom....

My thoughts are this may be a red herring trailer....my guys is that half th film isn’t even on the island....we also see the Trex on a Tuesday truck or boat..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looked pretty stupid. His arm actually goes through the cgi head. :lol

Let's see him try that with an animatronic.

While the CGI in this looks bad... SW I and II still stand as the worst CGI ever put to mainstream cinema (right up there with Mummy Returns).

While the CGI in this looks bad... SW I and II still stand as the worst CGI ever put to mainstream cinema (right up there with Mummy Returns).

That's the first image that comes up when you google "worst CGI". WTF were they thinking? :rotfl

Scorpion-King.jpg

Back