Jurassic World 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense to Pratt and Howard..they are good actors, but did anyone think these two characters didn’t need to be in the sequel to JW. I think they could’ve gotten a new set of different characters to be in this. :lecture

...or they could have just focused on the dinosaurs and left the generic human filler characters out completely, but we gotta have 'em in all kaiju/monster movies for whatever reason.

...or they could have just focused on the dinosaurs and left the generic human filler characters out completely, but we gotta have 'em in all kaiju/monster movies for whatever reason.

The characters were written so bland though. Not very memorable. Out of all the JP movies, Dern, Neil and the two kids and of course Goldblum added depth to the human factor of the JP movies how they meshed well with the story. JW had the worst set of characters of the entire franchise. I wanted the two boys to get eaten up by the dinosaurs :pfft:

The characters were written so bland though. Not very memorable. Out of all the JP movies, Dern, Neil and the two kids and of course Goldblum added depth to the human factor of the JP movies how they meshed well with the story. JW had the worst set of characters of the entire franchise. I wanted the two boys to get eaten up by the dinosaurs :pfft:

Plus that one kid out of the two that kept creeping on girls felt so out of place and was cringe.

He's no different than those damn Raptors; stalking his prey and looking for the right meat to devour. Future rapist confirmed. :lol

Plus that one kid out of the two that kept creeping on girls felt so out of place and was cringe.

He's no different than those damn Raptors; stalking his prey and looking for the right meat to devour. Future rapist confirmed. :lol

Wrong formula..bad characters.. even worse ...horrible actors . I understand it’s about the Dino’s, but c’mon you got to have humans involved too. At least cast better. :lecture

The problem with these two movies is that they are making the dinos the stars and not the actual actors. You don't care about the humans, you just want more dinos. When you do that I feel like the story suffers and it's boring and flat and just a simple popcorn flick.

The problem with these two movies is that they are making the dinos the stars and not the actual actors. You don't care about the humans, you just want more dinos. When you do that I feel like the story suffers and it's boring and flat and just a simple popcorn flick.

This is the fifth film in the franchise. Of the five, only one is considered a true great. The rest are just OK movies that have some good points and some bad points. As much as I like TLW it's still no Jurassic Park.

In other words, JW was a poorly written and poorly shot committee approved blockbuster.
And there's no indication that this JW sequel will be any better.

Actually, as far as JP goes , for me, JW was the only decent sequel.

2-3 were god awful...in just about every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, as far as JP goes , for me, JW was the only decent sequel.

2-3 were god awful...in just about every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumblr_p0bfkq6h371qfcx4to3_r1_400.gif

This is the fifth film in the franchise. Of the five, only one is considered a true great. The rest are just OK movies that have some good points and some bad points. As much as I like TLW it's still no Jurassic Park.

It wasn't trying to be. That's why I've grown to like it as time goes on, even with it's shortcomings.

It wasn't trying to be. That's why I've grown to like it as time goes on, even with it's shortcomings.

It's probably more for nostalgic reasons really. Nothing will beat being a 6 year old kid seeing dinosaurs on a movie screen for the first time. Movies lose that magic as you get older, hence why most of the people on this forum hate every movie that comes out nowadays.

Eh, I thought JW was alright.

I lol'd when Howard tied her shirt thinking that's all it takes to run through the jungle.

It's probably more for nostalgic reasons really. Nothing will beat being a 6 year old kid seeing dinosaurs on a movie screen for the first time. Movies lose that magic as you get older, hence why most of the people on this forum hate every movie that comes out nowadays.

There's things that dated within JP I've noticed over the years, but the overall scope of the film is much grander than anything that has come out since.

TLW took it in a different direction where you take these unnatural creations and they end up coexisting in a natural way on Isla Sorna.

JW tried to be JP again. JWFK is trying to be TLW again, at least what's been shown in trailers and viral marketing.

Movies lose that magic as you get older
hence why most of the people on this forum hate every movie that comes out nowadays.
Sorry but that's a pretty moronic logic.

Most people on this forum don't even watch actual movies nowadays. Blockbuster is one of the lowest forms of cinema, most of them are not even worth mentioning.

You acquire taste and understanding of cinema when you grow up. You watch something you used to adore as a kid and find it boring and tasteless. Or maybe it stood the test of time and you can appreciate it even more as an adult. IF you ever grow up, of course.

Nostalgia is a parasite that makes your mind weak. Kill it with fire. No remorse.

Maybe.
I took it as "never grow up and you won't become a hater" because it came from someone who like these movies. Plus the whole generalization thing that ridicules negative opinions, even tho they're in minority big time.

Sorry but that's a pretty moronic logic.

Nostalgia is a parasite that makes your mind weak. Kill it with fire. No remorse.

Maybe for some. I've seen some great films in my adult years however if I was to write a list of my top 10 movies it would be 80's and 90's movies I watched growing up. Is that because of nostalgia or just because they're good movies?...

I can't answer because I don't know which movies you mean. :lol
But if your "list" has blockbusters in top 3 then yes, it's pure childish nostalgia and the lack of cinema experience.

I can't answer because I don't know which movies you mean. :lol
But if your "list" has blockbusters in top 3 then yes, it's pure childish nostalgia and the lack of cinema experience.

Nope...

My top movie will always be Jurassic Park followed closely by Predator. Jurassic Park was an amazing cinema experience and a great movie and Predator was a movie I watched regularly on VHS from the age of 8 through to now. Ghostbusters, Empire, Aliens would all be close by.

Back