Jurassic Park is the 'Huge' announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh...You've seen one dinosaur, you've seen 'em all.They were big 10 -15 years ago people...Not worth spending money on IMO. But, plenty here seem to be psyched..maybe they are all the people who were employed from doing the JP movies, and are trying to re-invigorate the franchise, so they can work again..:lol

It's cool for those who are interested in the products, but this entire line will be a pass for me.

I have no interest in this line, Weta made some dinos with the Kong Line, hard to see this doing any better.

Ok, so who e-mailed SS with 1,000s of different e-mail accounts/names to make a JP line? Is there even a market for JP stuff anymore? Like someone said, you seen one dino, you seen them all.

I have no interest in this line, Weta made some dinos with the Kong Line, hard to see this doing any better.

exactly.

I don’t see how it's any worse investment then some of their other recent announcements. Take Elvira. How far can the go with that licence? (I'm not complaining as I will be buying a PF Elvira) Reservoir Dogs? As much as I like the movie I have no desire to buy PF's or whatever is planned for that line.

That ebay stuff is crap that's why no one wants it.

It might not be 'cool' anymore but if I'm into something I'm always a fan. I don't just enjoy something because it's the in thing then dump it when it's not.

I kind of always suspected Sideshow would get Jurassic Park at some point. I'd imagine anything from Stan Winston Studios is a pretty appealing property to go after, because of their amazing history and impact in films. Those dinosaurs were a pretty huge advancement in special effects, both in the practical and digital realm. I'm not saying I know anything about marketability, or what people want... I just feel that this was a given.

But I'm admittedly biased...I loved this film. For me, it was one of those early theater-going experiences that really had an impact on me creatively, so of course I'd be thrilled that we'll see some Stan Winston dinosaurs made available to display in our homes. Those Crash McCreery designs are amazing to me.

Also, sorry if any of this is redundant...I haven't taken time to read through most of the pages
Trev

ZOMGS!!111!! I DON'T LIKE JP SO NOBODY ELSE POSSIBLY COULD!11!SIDESHOW IS TEH SUCK!!!11!!1!

I kind of always suspected Sideshow would get Jurassic Park at some point. I'd imagine anything from Stan Winston Studios is a pretty appealing property to go after, because of their amazing history and impact in films. Those dinosaurs were a pretty huge advancement in special effects, both in the practical and digital realm. I'm not saying I know anything about marketability, or what people want... I just feel that this was a given.

But I'm admittedly biased...I loved this film. For me, it was one of those early theater-going experiences that really had an impact on me creatively, so of course I'd be thrilled that we'll see some Stan Winston dinosaurs made available to display in our homes. Those Crash McCreery designs are amazing to me.

Also, sorry if any of this is redundant...I haven't taken time to read through most of the pages
Trev

agreed ........I too also pretend 2 & 3 don't exist :D

ZOMGS!!111!! I DON'T LIKE JP SO NOBODY ELSE POSSIBLY COULD!11!SIDESHOW IS TEH SUCK!!!11!!1!

Way to over-react dude..:eek:...Sure I personally think this line is waste of time...some people agree with me others don't...But the point of this board is to have a VOICE for your OWN opinion...which is what my post was about...what was yours about??

If you like JP and will buy some of SS product...Just say so man..:rolleyes:

Way to over-react dude..:eek:...Sure I personally think this line is waste of time...some people agree with me others don't...But the point of this board is to have a VOICE for your OWN opinion...which is what my post was about...what was yours about??

If you like JP and will buy some of SS product...Just say so man..:rolleyes:

I will if I have any extra money. Right now it doesn't seem so. But if I do I would love to see what they turn out. This and T2 changed movies as we know them forever special effects wise. This movie is not some slouch of a movie. Don't forget this is one of the turning points of effects. Just like the Lost World way back in the day.

Well many have different points of view i think Indiana Jones line is a waste of time and JP is a good choice but who knows it depends what does SSC do with it.

this will be interesting,looking forward to see what sideshow can do...

JP is a dream license for me - the first film anyways.
I've had the 1:5th scale T-Rex maquette, and hopefully now Sideshow will
issue it as a licensed pre-paint offering, like they've done with the LS Cave
Troll bust that previously was available as a kit.

I can't wait to see what they come up with, as I've wanted 1:10th
to 1:5th scale set of JP dinos (statues first, then busts) for years.

JS

Indiana Jones doesnt have so many supporting characters people would actually buy a figure of...

And not counting dinosaurs "Jurassic Park" does? :confused:

There are at least a dozen solid potential 1/6 figures with the "Indy" license, plus PFs, dioramas, etc.

Neither license is exactly paltry when it comes to potential products, though I'd say they're both more one-dimensional than the typical brands (The character himself with Indy and the dinos with JP make up the vast majority of what most people care about).

AI?? Talk about MUCH more visually interesting than JP!!

Ditto. I need some AI merchandise, I tried to customize a Dragon Jude Law figure to make a Gigolo Joe (amazing character and looks), but I failed.

This [diorama] is what I need:

800px-Jurassic_Park_screenshot_4.jpg

I don't get the people saying the license is too old... Jurassic Park is a well established classic of cinema, with a lot of lovers ready to buy cool looking dinosaurs and even human characters from the movie. Old doesn't mean bad. I think JP is a sure bet from Sideshow.

Back