Jurassic Park is the 'Huge' announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, a license I can sink my teeth in to. :bunnydanc

Well, I think SSC is now my official bank. I wonder if I can have my paycheck direct deposited straight in to their pockets? :monkey2

Yay, I hadn't been this excited about an announcement since the Lord Darkness PF, and this is the first new license since Angel that I am actually interested in collecting. I hope we get 1/6 figures of the human characters, though somehow I doubt it.

OMG my wallet.... I love Jurassic Park. And there are so many possibilities for dioramas:

Brachiosaur stands on hind legs to eat from tree
Sick Triceratops
T-Rex Attack Scene !!!
T-Rex/Car chase
Brachiosaurhead in tree
Dilophosaur attack on Nedry
Raptor attack on Muldoon
Raptors in kitchen
And finally the big fight T-Rex vs. Raptors in the main hall

Then busts:
What about an 1:4 T-Rex Bust (simular to the kit that is around) ?
Or 1:6 busts of the human characters.

There are some really nice 1:1 props that could be produced too, like an Raptor egg, Raptor claw or the Barbasol can.

I don't really care for the other 2 movies, but i dig JP 1.
Thank you Sideshow !

WOW! Jurassic Park has been and will be my favorite movie of all time. I had no idea Sideshow would get the license for it. Too cool! Although if the items are statues and 1:1 busts, I may need to sit it out. But I am still interested in seeing what comes out. :D

Although I'm not gonna buy anything from it, I always thought Jurassic Park would be good for some cool dioramas...

Wow. What a current and popular franchise to be taking on in 2008. :rolleyes:

I knew it would be shi**y.

:confused: Yeah I can see with Jurassic park 4 coming out sometime in 2008 where this wouldn't be a current and popular franchise :rolleyes:

OMG my wallet.... I love Jurassic Park. And there are so many possibilities for dioramas:

Sick Triceratops
T-Rex Attack Scene !!!
T-Rex/Car chase
Brachiosaurhead in tree
Raptor attack on Muldoon
Raptors in kitchen

Then busts:

There are some really nice 1:1 props that could be produced too, like an Raptor egg, Raptor claw or the Barbasol can.

Thank you Sideshow !

Wow, I LOVE those suggestions, I hope some of them become a reality.
I'd kill for a Rex vs Raptor diorama.

Holy crap, there's going to be a Jurassic Park 4? Cool.

I think this is going to be a line with some interesting products. I probably won't get much, but I hope there's at least one item that isn't too big or expensive that I want.

An interesting announcement--but thankfully for my wallet one that I have no interest in collecting.

Anybody think they'll attempt a T-Rex 1/1 scale bust? :rolleyes: Now that would certainly get my attention. Seriously though, I'm curious to see what they have in mind. I guess dioramas are a good bet, as well as busts and statues. I got all the dinos I needed with the Horizon kits that came out years ago, but I might be interested if they made a 1/6 scale articulated raptor figure that I could use in a Dino Crisis diorama... Anyway, sounds like there's quite a bit of interest in this new announcement.

I have all the JP models that where put out by Horizon. The only other thing I would be interested in would be 1/6th scale figures of the human characters. Seems like this will be another recycling of Stan Winston's stuff that has been done before. SS must be raking in a ton of dough, why can't they do something original? Jurassic Park-recycled, Reservior Dogs-recycled, Elvira-already licensed by someone else, Universal Monster dioramas-idea copied from garage kit producers. Seems like some of the red tape surrounding the ownership of Blade Runner has been worked out, why not persue that license? Or do a Tarintino movie that hasn't already been done in 1/6th (Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Grindhouse)?

*ahem* Julianne Moore figure? :D

With an all-new female body? Or just the.... never mind. The only new license that really does anything for me is Indy. I'm actually glad they didn't announce any more irresistible licenses, I'm having a tough time as it is keeping up with all the stuff I already collect. :monkey4

NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna be so broke! Jurassic park rules but I can't wait to see what SIdeshow brings to the table for this line!

Sick Triceratops
T-Rex Attack Scene !!!
T-Rex/Car chase
Brachiosaurhead in tree
Raptor attack on Muldoon
Raptors in kitchen

Then busts:

Thank you Sideshow !

Interesting announcement...it does tend to lend itself to a dio approach more than figures....as odd as it sounds, I like the thought of a triceratops dio depicting Ellie and Alan treating the Tri-top...that was actually one of my favorite scenes after the big braco-reveal.

It'll be interesting to see what Sideshow presents for this one. Congrats, Sideshow!

Back