Jurassic Park is the 'Huge' announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This [diorama] is what I need:

800px-Jurassic_Park_screenshot_4.jpg

That is indeed one of the coolest shots in modern movie history. :rock

Disappointed. I loved Jurassic Park, but collectibles wise, couldn't care less. I'm interested seeing what they make, but i'll be passing on the line all together.

I don't think the license is too old, sure JP isn't as popular as it was after the first release. But it does have a staying power in peoples minds. And even though its not a favorite of mine, there is no denying the special effects were groundbreaking and still look great.

It seems this can be cool license for Sideshow, I love the 1st movie, but have no interest in getting products. Great news for JP fans though.

Ditto. I need some AI merchandise, I tried to customize a Dragon Jude Law figure to make a Gigolo Joe (amazing character and looks), but I failed.

This [diorama] is what I need:

800px-Jurassic_Park_screenshot_4.jpg

I don't get the people saying the license is too old... Jurassic Park is a well established classic of cinema, with a lot of lovers ready to buy cool looking dinosaurs and even human characters from the movie. Old doesn't mean bad. I think JP is a sure bet from Sideshow.

YES YOU ARE RIGHT BUDDY!!!!!! THIS IS JUST THE ONE I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!! BRING IT ON SIDESHOW!!!!!:chew

I know that I rarely post. In point of fact, I've been coming to these boards for several years and usually just see what other members are talking about. The last time I posted was in discussion regarding what I would like in a possible Jurassic Park line from Sideshow. This is a dream announcement for me, and while I've always hoped that SSC would get the license, I personally was beginning to doubt it (thinking that Hasbro has far too great a stranglehold).

Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars generally round out the big three in terms of major film series that shaped my interests over the years. Sideshow has consistently delivered for me with both LOTR and SW, but Jurassic Park? Well, I've been relying upon my own tenacity to gain worthwhile collectibles.

While I have all of the original JP figures, high-quality collectibles have always been hard to come by. This Christmas my girlfriend bought me a replica of the faux Barbasol can that held the smuggled DNA, and for years the highlights of my collection have been from Stan Winston Studios artist and designer, Mark 'Crash' McCreery. They are autographed concept art of the JP Dinosaurs, many of which were published on Topps JP Art cards. The raptor hatchling in the egg, the three young raptors at play, the three adult raptors attacking the fence, the T.rex rampaging through the Isla Nublar jungles, and the sleeping T.rex (resting its head on a rock as a human observes in the foreground). I was even fortunate enough to have Crash send me an alternative to this print that was never published, it remains one of my Holy Grail pieces.

Over the years, Sideshow has gotten my money for a vast range of items and my rooms at home, school, and my office, are all littered with my favorite movie and comic-related memorabilia. Marvel, DC, LOTR, SW, POTC (my interests are quite eclectic), and now much more Jurassic Park shall all be part the collection that places me in dire financial straits! :lol

Here are a few things I would like to see from this line:

T.rex bust/maquette
Raptor bust/maquette
Dilophosaurus bust/maquette
1:1 Compy
1:1 Raptor Hatchling in egg from JP
Diorama of T.rex fighting raptors at JP denouement
Diorama of T.rex attacking the Ford Explorers
Diorama of Velociraptors hunting for Lex and Tim in the kitchen
Diorama of Nedry getting attacked by Dilophosaurus
Diorama of T.rexes attacking the trailers
Diorama of Velociraptors in the long grass
1:1 replica of John Hammond's Cane

On a related note, the announcement makes sense in that this year is the 15th Anniversary of Jurassic Park! Just some thoughts on my part, but while my bank account may be flush at the moment, I know this is going to bleed me dry!

Last edited:
Congratulations to all the JP fans out there. Sideshow should produce some great figures with this license.

OMG my wallet.... I love Jurassic Park. And there are so many possibilities for dioramas:

Brachiosaur stands on hind legs to eat from tree
Sick Triceratops
T-Rex Attack Scene !!!
T-Rex/Car chase
Brachiosaurhead in tree
Dilophosaur attack on Nedry
Raptor attack on Muldoon
Raptors in kitchen
And finally the big fight T-Rex vs. Raptors in the main hall

Then busts:
What about an 1:4 T-Rex Bust (simular to the kit that is around) ?
Or 1:6 busts of the human characters.

There are some really nice 1:1 props that could be produced too, like an Raptor egg, Raptor claw or the Barbasol can.

I don't really care for the other 2 movies, but i dig JP 1.
Thank you Sideshow !

You can see some of these at my website: www.myjurassicpark.com. I'm also sculpting many jp dinos too, in bust form (some life-size).

Back