Jumbo Joe's from Gentle Giant confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm telling you, the only way we get any original card art is if Hasbro still has any of the originals left. Most of them are gone so it's not going to be original unless GG can take some high res pics of carded figures in someone's collection and photoshop them.

So... is there any reason why they couldn't do that? :)

Honestly, original card art or I'm out. I plan on hanging these up on the wall, after all.

I don't see why they wouldn't have card art. I'm positive I've seen sites where you could download hi-res card original card art. I've even seen a guy who sells cardbacks for making repros

So... is there any reason why they couldn't do that? :)

Honestly, original card art or I'm out. I plan on hanging these up on the wall, after all.

I really don't know. Why didn't Hasbro do it? They went to the trouble of having the original artwork recreated by different artists.

not in till the Swivel Arms come
Wasnt that 1983 releases? NZ missed a **** load of that year.
It was weird, i had almost all of 1982, then 1983-1984 were crap where i lived and then things like the Terror Dome, Carrier and well everything starting turning up. I couldnt nag my brother fast enough to get me stuff

I really don't know. Why didn't Hasbro do it? They went to the trouble of having the original artwork recreated by different artists.

Yeah, I can't imagine that would have been cheaper...

https://www.rebelscum.com/GGjumbo.asp
Nah it will be ok guys, Gentle Giant has done all right with Star Wars by staying true to the old stuff. They will do the same for the Joes (including the artwork).

I think so as well. This is a much more collector-oriented company we're talking about, after all.

I am happy that it's Gentle Giant and not Hasbro. Hasbro makes great toys but GG makes great collectibles. I am amazed by how great the Star Wars line is, now they have A Real American Hero. I think it's like Christmas in Heaven, just not as many topless women.

I don't see why they wouldn't have card art. I'm positive I've seen sites where you could download hi-res card original card art. I've even seen a guy who sells cardbacks for making repros

Yeah, the art for those repro packages is outstanding. Having said that, I can see Star Wars being easier since those were all screen shots if memory serves.

god the females at that scale will look like a pack of barkers if they make it exact.

god the females at that scale will look like a pack of barkers if they make it exact.

To be fair, they always did make Scarlett and Cover Girl look a little too butch :lol

2scarlett.jpg 68123.jpg

yes i did I painted there face alittle so they didn't look so bad. Covergilrl was hopeless the hair made her look like an alien i eventually too an exacto knife to an extra baroness and painted hair blonde and made my covergirl. I even had an extra spirit and cut off pigtail and glued it on scarlet so she had a ponytail. my 1st custom at age 9.

Back