Jumbo Joe's from Gentle Giant confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having these cost 120 bucks a pop when the Star Wars line was 80, was just asking for it to die.

$120 is a bit much, but keep in mind it does sport more than 5 points of articulation which means more parts to produce.

But size to size, Joes weren't 150% of the cost of Star Wars figures back in the day despite having these same "advantages" on the small scale.

I can see the pricing on the SDCC one with the case etc... but keeping them at $120 was just crazy. Its like they killed the line before people even got invested.

Well, Zap is still the last man out. Preorderd in May of 15 and he still hasn't shipped.

I'd say this line is RIP.......

I think all the Jumbos are.

Their big mistake here was doing the original 13 before characters most people recognize. Skipping Cobra Commander, trooper, Destro etc was a bad idea.

Well, Zap is still the last man out. Preorderd in May of 15 and he still hasn't shipped.

I'd say this line is RIP.......

I think all the Jumbos are.

Yeah I really liked the line too, but like others said the not getting some heavy hitters out first hurt the line, had they made Cobra Commander, storm shadow, duke and flint as a first wave people would have gone nuts. I personally liked the figures made but I started getting these figures in 82 as a kid, many Joe fans came on board later and have no attachment to Grunt, Zap, and Rock n Roll as I do.

How sick would it have been to get an SDCC Exclusive SGT Slaughter jumbo:thud:

Totally gave up on this line. Local retailer didn't even get one. The line does have a lot of potential but I agree with you guys that they made a mistake by lineup of characters to be released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake Eyes made sense, but Duke, CC and Destro/Storm Shadow was what the first wave really needed. Stalker and Rock & Roll would be better later waves, and Grunt... well honestly I think Grunt, and the others that used that head tooling originally, were some of the ugliest figures made and being bigger didn't help that. The market for this stuff is probably pretty niche to start with- this isn't like the 90s when Toy Biz sold 2X size figures and only charged 2X the price, these, just like the giant MOTU figures, were marketed as "adult collectibles" and treated as "high end items" when they're really just big toys. In that regard, they really only appeal to people with strong nostalgia for the vintage toys because people who'd buy them if they were $25-$30 just ignore them when the price is $75 and up.

Back