Jumbo Joe's from Gentle Giant confirmed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i did I painted there face alittle so they didn't look so bad. Covergilrl was hopeless the hair made her look like an alien i eventually too an exacto knife to an extra baroness and painted hair blonde and made my covergirl. I even had an extra spirit and cut off pigtail and glued it on scarlet so she had a ponytail. my 1st custom at age 9.
Well i guess take that Vbar1 is in order

Eh, not every woman in fiction needs to look like a damn comic book artist's fantasy.

Correct. There was no artwork on Star Wars cards, they all used stills from the movies.

The original 3&3/4" Star Wars: A New Hope card photos were almost NEVER from the movie (possibly excepting the StormTrooper), but typically posed shots taken on-set by a photographer, and these were faithfully replicated by GG, including the "drawn" card backs of the original 12 Star Wars figures.

Gentle Giant HiRes scanned in the entire original 1980 box from the Alien toy to make their repro box (see the episode of "Toy Hunter"), and it looks exact.

There's no reason to expect they'll do otherwise with the Joe line. Expect near-perfect repros of the original cards, though the blister might be different.

ALSO: The GG Star Wars 12"er cards are OPENABLE so you can get the figure out to display, then put them back inside. They're kinda like a clamshell plastic protector- no glue or staples. Perfection.

The Joe line is in great hands with Gentle Giant.

Now just get to '84 so I can get a Recondo.....

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

One last thought- Gentle Giant has come out with some very cool exclusives/accessories for their Star Wars line, like a frickin' Wampa..... and they also made the cardboard cantina backdrop.

Could this mean we'd maybe get a JUMP jetpack with launchpad, or perhaps the old Sears (?) Cobra Missile Base...........?

(Please, no Fatal Fluffies!)

(Sent from my iPhone5s using the Tapatalk app)

Gentle Giant ARAH Jumbo G.I. Joe Rock N Roll Images! - GI Joe News

Rock N' Roll images. $90 retail.

Gentle-Giant-Jumbo-GI-Joe-Rock-N-Roll---Hisstank-01_1412983683.jpg

Will wait for Swivel Arm. ;)

yep! same here...I am not buying straight arm Joes (hated them then and still hate them).Almost Every 82 figure I had to buy twice

I'm more interested in the 83-86 lineup,plus it's going to be quite a while before we get there (if the line makes it that far at $90 + shipping a pop)

You had to pay two dollars.....twice??????

Wished they had a pic of him carded.

when you were a kid,$2 was ALOT of money back when on $5 a week allowance....plus $2 then vs now today = $10-15 now in inflation (hidden tax,dollar devaluation and loss of purchasing power ;))

This is up for pre-order at BBTS:wave

GG10679.jpg

These are way overpriced for what they are, I would be cool at 39.99 but 81 bucks is pushing it:monkey4

waiting for Swivel Arms Rock N Roll....they will sell better!

Wish they would have just skipped to a selection of '84 and '85 figures. I'll be skipping on any of the originals, and fear the line won't get further than that.

Yup, this line as cool of an idea as it is, is doomed. One is for the strait arm reason, second is the price. I would collect it avidly at a reasonable price, but as it stands I may pass altogether or maybe pick up a couple which is a shame, this line is something that is aimed right at me, I had these figures as a kid, love gijoe, I'm currently a 1/6 collector and want them.

Back