Judge Dredd movie (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Judge Dredd movie

That's cool and all, but I for one, am getting a little fed up of you spamming about it with every other post. We know it exists, we know Jerry has the license. We get it. Enough. :huh

I put it up only twice, this time to ask if anyone saw the olive green?
I don't see anything wrong with asking?
Yes the first time was to show the statue Ex, the second is to show that he wears green and to ask people if they recognize it and it's relation to the outfit worn in the comics.
And yes you are correct, Jerry is the only guy who has the legit license!

One more thing, the movie had an 8:05pm start time, it started at 8:31pm because of 26 minutes of commercials and trailers. :(

The Samsung Galaxy S commercial was extremely irritating.

Last edited:

One more thing, the movie had an 8:05pm start time, it started at 8:31pm because of 26 minutes of commercials and trailers. :(

The Samsung Galaxy S commercial was extremley irritating.

I'm almost expecting at some point in the future, for movies to have 2-minute intermissions to show commercials. :lol

The Samsung Galaxy S commercial was extremley irritating.

Glad it didn't ruin the movie for you. That long of a wait could put some people into a bad mood for the whole movie.

I'm almost expecting at some point in the future, for movies to have 2-minute intermissions to show commercials. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

:exactly:

:lecture

Glad it didn't ruin the movie for you. That long of a wait could put some people into a bad mood for the whole movie.

It almost did :(

But the movie was worth the wait. :yess:

This movie stretched its 45 million budget really far, well done. :clap

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgb1ldZRVOY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgb1ldZRVOY[/ame]

Turn ur Bass all the way up :yess:

Just went to chec k on Box for tonight and noticed that Dredd only started in 2.5k theatres, while most of the movies this weekend are strating at over 3k theatres. Can't believe more theatres opted for House at the End of the Street. :cuss

Just went to chec k on Box for tonight and noticed that Dredd only started in 2.5k theatres, while most of the movies this weekend are strating at over 3k theatres. Can't believe more theatres opted for House at the End of the Street. :cuss

Will be a big shame if this movie fails to profit. :(

Regarding the House movie, JL is popular now

The word will get around and this is going sell better in Blue ray. Some of us are seeing it twice.
When I went to see it the theater was not even full, it is a shame yes but I think it will build momentum the next few weeks

The word will get around and this is going sell better in Blue ray. Some of us are seeing it twice.
When I went to see it the theater was not even full, it is a shame yes but I think it will build momentum the next few weeks

:lecture Oh yes! I go for my first viewing in 3 hours, if its half as bad ass as some are suggesting, I am sure this won't be my last.

My enjoyment of this movie is a classic example of over exposure.

This movie was not even on my radar.

I never followed his comic origins, didn't follow the production of this movie, didn't pay attention to the trailers, obviously hated the 1995 movie, I just didn't care.

It was all a big meh to me.

Simply put, I was not over exposed to this movie.

What a pleasure it was to see it fresh!

What great surprises were in store for me!

I'm actually happy that I didn't pay attention to the trailer, it showed some crucial scenes! :slap

My enjoyment of this movie is a classic example of over exposure.

This movie was not even on my radar.

I never followed his comic origins, didn't follow the production of this movie, didn't pay attention to the trailers, obviously hated the 1995 movie, I just didn't care.

It was all a big meh to me.

Simply put, I was not over exposed to this movie.

What a pleasure it was to see it fresh!

What great surprises were in store for me!

I'm actually happy that I didn't pay attention to the trailer, it showed some crucial scenes! :slap

Yep, I was in the same boat. I had known about Dredd (the comics) and saw the Stallone version when it came out in theaters (hated it) but beyond that, didn't really care about the character or world.

It was announced that this was coming and I immediately wrote it off as "garbage" and didn't have a care in the world. I didn't even pay attention to it.

Then this month there's all this positive buzz, I see the trailer and I thought I'd give it a chance. Totally blown away. The trailers (which do spoil things if taken in context) don't do it justice.

It's a shame that more and more critics are tearing into it because of it's violence (wish is done very well) and Karl Urban not taking off his mask and becoming Dredd. Isn't that the point? Then there's that crap about it being a rip off of Raid. I don't see how. They were both written at the same time (Dredd got pushed back) and I saw more nods to Die Hard, Precinct 13 and Dirty Harry than anything else.

Isn't that a common theme in action/thriller films? Outnumbered, out gunned, in some sort of building complex and having to work your way through enemies to the top? I thought it worked brilliantly with a character like Dredd.

I hope this catches on it has so much potential. I can definitely see the sequel potential with Judge Dredd. This felt like they were establishing him, laying the ground so to speak. I didn't want his story to end.

It's amazing that this was done with a $45 million budget, especially when you compare it to some heavy hitters (you know the ones) that are in the $200 million + range.

- fantastic special effects
- great characters
- just the right amount of depth (whole thing feels like a character study of Dredd)
- sex
- action
- violence
- guns
- explosions
- good writing and character development

What more could someone ask for?

But the similarities between this and the Raid borderline on plagerism.

Since this script was written and filmed before The Raid started, I know exactly who to blame.

But damn, it's the exact same storyline, and has the exact same set pieces.

That being said, it didn't bother me, because I knew who was at fault, and this film was an overall better movie.

But Raid still won in the action department.

When I saw this last night, I went home and watched the Raid afterwords and some scenes are nearly identical, even down to the scene where there is a hesitation before the announcement on the speakers. Still, both great flicks in their own right!

Even if somehow Dredd did completely rip off The Raid, I wouldn't care because ****ing Dredd is way more badass than anyone in The Raid.

^ Other way around. Raid stole from Dredd.

And Dredd was more badass, but I will testify in court that the Raid is still \the best action film of the decade.
Too bad the writer stole.

^ Other way around. Raid stole from Dredd.

And Dredd was more badass, but I will testify in court that the Raid is still \the best action film of the decade.
Too bad the writer stole.

Oh yea I agree with you, I was just saying if the case were the other way around I wouldn't care.

Back