Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways, Echo said no when he suggested going for her treatment the first time, but agreed the second. Wonder why? Anyone know why she went back on it and said yes?

The first time he said it he was under the influence of the drug and he didn't say it right, he said it something like "Do you want a treatment?" and she said "No", then after the drug wore off, he said it properly, "Would you like your treatment?" and she agreed.

Anyways, I just started watching these episodes over the last two days. It definitely grows on you. Melly's reveal to Ballard was pretty gut-crushing. I don't know why all of a sudden he fell for her though. I guess they programmed her to do exactly the right things for him.

Anyone else pick up on the code names, Alpha, Echo, Sierra, Victor, November?? When are we going to meet Foxtrot, Hotel and Zulu?? :lol

Following Joss' pattern of killing off characters, I assume Topher will turn into a lovable scamp soon and be killed off in the series/season finale, or maybe in the penultimate episode to raise the stakes as it were, take away the guy in charge of the real power of the Dollhouse, the imprints. I'd put money on Boyd, but he's already been shot with a bullet and an arrow and survived so I doubt they could put him in any sort of danger anymore.

So, they got Dominic the mole, but what about the real mole?? Dr. Saunders says if the dolls got out into the real world they'd lose control, or some blah blah, so obviously she's in favor of the Dollhouse. Boyd doesn't know enough, if anything at all about imprints to set that up. Logically, it's gotta be Topher or DeWitt, but there's not that many other characters that we know. It can't be Alpha cuz he's not in the Dollhouse, or maybe he can remote imprint as well as remote wipe, that'd be pretty crazy.

Anyone else pick up on the code names, Alpha, Echo, Sierra, Victor, November?? When are we going to meet Foxtrot, Hotel and Zulu?? :lol

From an interview with Joss-

He also addressed one of my biggest random questions about Dollhouse when an audience member asked whether we will be seeing actives with some of the less cool-sounding code words in the military alphabet, such as "Golf" or "Hotel." Whedon explained he had written an entire bit all about the active Golf, but it got cut, meaning we won't see Golf or Hotel on Dollhouse this season. Or, as he put it, we won't be seeing them on Dollhouse, period.

:lol

I wouldnt count Boyd out as the mole! I don't think we can assume anything about him other then he is out to protect Echo. We can't say for certain he doesnt have technical knowledge of the chair or intimate knowledge of the dollhouse. Also, when Echo was Sherlock Hottie she interviewed Boyd and said "For some reason I trust you". Which means that her underlying program for trusting Boyd could easily have over ruled her current program of detecting the Mole. Plus they always make remarks about Boyds "ex cop" nature...maybe he isnt as "ex" as they think.

I would like to see Sci-fi pick this up aling with the terminator chronicles. Fox just doesn't now what to do with great shows.

I would like to see Sci-fi pick this up aling with the terminator chronicles. Fox just doesn't now what to do with great shows.

As in its been cancelled, or just cause Sci-Fi handles these shows better?

As in its been cancelled, or just cause Sci-Fi handles these shows better?

Sci-fi couldn't afford the budgets these shows have. They made Universal pay for most of BSG and they cut budgets down to the bare bones - think "Flash Gordon" for what the shows might look like on SciFi.

Sci-fi couldn't afford the budgets these shows have. They made Universal pay for most of BSG and they cut budgets down to the bare bones - think "Flash Gordon" for what the shows might look like on SciFi.

Yeah, if Sci-Fi got it, every episode would take place in a Canadian forest. :lol

Yeah, if Sci-Fi got it, every episode would take place in a Canadian forest. :lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_Yx0iKKi5xM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_Yx0iKKi5xM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Puts on flame-proof suit:

But the only person I blame for the show failing is Joss. He should have known better when dealing with Fox. I love the guy, but man even smart people can be idiots.

Or seduced by pretty women. As it was Eliza that came to Joss about doing a show as she had a developing and producing deal with Fox. Where aparantly her boyfriend is an executive. After watching these 9 shows I see that what the network wanted was a "case of the week" show and Joss wanted something more serialised. I know you had to have a couple of shows to show how the Dollhouse and the imprints works, but this was boring. I'm glad that I hold out though, because from #6 on it has been what I wanted it to be. So basically Fox was teaching Joss how to do televison and they haven't got a clue themselves as all their meddling made people stay away. Hoping that the unaired pilot is on the DVD so that we can compare what could have been,

I hope you Dollhouse fans caught the new episode tonight. I'll admit, at first, my expectations weren't high because it looked like a "filler" but I was wrong!!!! A very strong episode.

But I think it may have been overshadowed but next weeks episode. From the looks of it.....ALPHA WILL BE REVEALED! :rock

i'm sorry but this episode was filler. i'm just about done with this show. i was watching the clock during the episode wondering if it will ever be over. the only good parts were with Topher. it's not a good sign when your background characters are more interesting than the star of the show. i'll probably stick it out til the end of the season just because i need closure but that will probably be the end for me. i'd rather re-watch my buffy/angel DVDs if i need a whedon fix.

I liked this episode, they dealt with the immortality issue which is bound to crop up with this situation. Also the development of Paul's story was pretty messed up.

And they didn't say it, but anyone else get the impression that the imprint Topher used on Sierra was himself?

I've officially given up on this show. Sorry Whedon fans--- I loved Firefly (and the subsequent Serenity movie) but I missed an episode of Dollhouse-- and I didn't care. I tried watching the most recent one but turned to something else after the first fifteen minutes.

Guess it's just not for me. If you're fans I hope it goes on.

I loved it. I think that the whole topher thing was really funny.the life after death issue was bound to come up and Im sure we have all thought of it in terms of the dollhouse. I think the progression of Paul and Melly's relationship was important for us to see and to the story. He is accepting the lie of what she is, and by the end of the episode you can tell he hates it but its the only way to get to the dollhouse. Overall its a good episode not at all filler imo.

You know it really wouldn't have mattered if this was the best show ever put on TV. Fox was bound and determined to bury it. They know as well as everyone else that a Friday timeslot is death for anything on FOX but The X-Files.

I know a few guys who worked on Firefly, they were promised a Sunday night slot by Fox and then it was changed to Friday just before release. They said that immediately they knew it wouldn't last.

While I like Dollhouse, I don't love it like I did Firefly. I just don't like or care about the majority of the characters. In fact, the only ones I do like are Echos handler and the asian doll (who pulls off the different personalities much better than Eliza). Even Topher, the one we are all SUPPOSED to like, just comes off as forced and a little too twisted for what he's supposed to be for me.

The episodes are coming into their stride and I will be disappointed to see it go because frankly, theres not much else worth watching and I am a big Joss fan.

Back