Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The buffy/Angel fans watch because we know what to expect from Joss. I'm looking forward to what he will do next. :D

That's exactly right! :rock :rock :rock Joss doesn't need to prove anything to me. He's already done it. :cool:

Joss is the man and all, but the first episode of Dollhouse fell flat. Here's hoping for the best!

Im sorry but I disagree. I don't think it fell FLAT. I just think its a show you have to watch more than once, before you make up you're mind. Joss is going to develope these characters over time giving them room to grow and change. (Just like he did in buffy) And the metamorphasis will be what we won't want to miss. I really think this could be one of his great projects if his fans stick it out and give this show the chance it deserves. Remember Only 1 episode has aired. There is more story yet to be told. And I for one am looking forward to another Joss saga. :rock

Im sorry but I disagree. I don't think it fell FLAT. I just think its a show you have to watch more than once, before you make up you're mind. Joss is going to develope these characters over time giving them room to grow and change. (Just like he did in buffy) And the metamorphasis will be what we won't want to miss. I really think this could be one of his great projects if his fans stick it out and give this show the chance it deserves. Remember Only 1 episode has aired. There is more story yet to be told. And I for one am looking forward to another Joss saga. :rock

Joss Whedon isnt "single episode" oriented. He is an overall story guy who excels at character development. Can't judge the series by the first episode, because I gaurantee that the first episode and echo's current state are not even close to what Whedon wants the universe to be! Have to start at the beginning though.

Have to admit I wasn't "hooked" by the first episode, but I liked it enough and Joss caught my attention enough to keep watching to see what developes.

Took me a while to warm up to Buffy at first as well.

However, Firefly had me hooked 10 minutes into the first episode.

Joss Whedon isnt "single episode" oriented. He is an overall story guy who excels at character development. Can't judge the series by the first episode, because I gaurantee that the first episode and echo's current state are not even close to what Whedon wants the universe to be! Have to start at the beginning though.

Joss is a long arc story teller and that's fine, it's one of the reasons his TV series's have been so good for his fans, I just hope he can pull in the non-fans to this show otherwise it will end up with a fate similar to Firefly. Unfortuntely companies don't seem to have the patience anymore for tv shows that don't bring in the ratings and FOX is one of the worst for pulling the plug on underwhelming shows.

I thought Buffy had much better first episode and at the time is was unlike anything else on, much like X-files when it first came on. But Dollhouse while interesting doesn't seem like the same leap that Buffy was. I'd be interested to see if any ratings have been released yet.

Evan

I'd be interested to see if any ratings have been released yet.

Evan

It did a 2.0 - which is bad, but that's better than Canterbury's Law premiere last season and it built from the lead-in from Terminator, which posted its worst numbers ever. Friday night really is death for sci-fi on Fox.

It did a 2.0 - which is bad, but that's better than Canterbury's Law premiere last season and it built from the lead-in from Terminator, which posted its worst numbers ever. Friday night really is death for sci-fi on Fox.

Aye, googled it myself and to paraphrase:

Has Fox successfully revived Friday sci-fi? The numbers have processed through my tricorder, and here are some of the major notes:

8 pm/ET
Ghost Whisperer topped the hour with 10.34 million total viewers, down a mil week-to-week. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was greeted in its new time slot by 3.7 million, a 30 percent plunge from its last (Monday) airing.

9 pm
Flashpoint placed No. 1 with an audience of 8.86 mil, slipping 13 percent from its last new episode. Fox's Dollhouse debuted to 4.7 million viewers — which just so happens to be what Joss Whedon's Firefly averaged over its short run — and placed No. 2 in key demos (behind Supernanny) and first among males (go figure). What was your first impression of the series? Tell us what you thought in the comments section. (Mind you, Episode 2 is markedly better, 3 has a nifty reveal, and No. 4 serves up a cool plot twist.)

Stolen directly from TV guide, I really hope both shows do well on Friday night but it's a terrible night for these types of shows, do guys really want to spend their friday evenings watching tv, least the demographic that are looking for. FOX really has a screw loose somewhere.

Evan

Joss has a lot of cred with me from Buffy, Angel, Firefly, etc. so I'm giving him the chance, even if I feel the first episode was not great. He's earned at least that much from me.

For some reason this does not grab me at all. Ok, as a man, I shouldn't be bothered by this, but this just seems like a show for her to show how much of a dirty little girl she is.

But it seems to have a weak plot and I don't really think I;m gonna enjoy it sa much as other Whedon shows.

It just seems to me that she is selling out and has to do a sex show to sell it. While that may work, I'm pretty disappointed in the show so far.

Whedon and Eliza are my peoples!! I love them both and that is why this show pains me so much. Oh well, I guess the show only has up to go for me.

On another point, I want one of those awesome beds!!!! They look sweet and super cool and womb-like that reminds me of the racks on the carriers in the Navy. Except super plush and comfortable. I want one now!!!!

Actually, I don't think Faith has anything on Echo. That white dress in the beginning of the show about gave a heart attack.

And she never did a naked photo shoot to promote Buffy or Angel.

I still stand by what I said. If fox doesn't get in Joss's creative way and the fans stick with it, this show has the potential to be another Weadon hit. I think Eliza was playing the part she was given and I think she did a great job at it. It really is hard to judge just one episode. We just need to stay tuned. :joy

I still stand by what I said. If fox doesn't get in Joss's creative way and the fans stick with it, this show has the potential to be another Weadon hit. I think Eliza was playing the part she was given and I think she did a great job at it. It really is hard to judge just one episode. We just need to stay tuned. :joy

Eliza actually surprised me a lot. Not that she's a bad actor and all, but I did think this was some of her best work.

If Fox doesn't allow Joss to shine here, if they don't give him enough time, We are going to lose out on another master piece. And you know that's what he creates. We already lost Firefly and I'm not about to let that happen again. So Fox reallllllly needs to give this show a chance. I know that around 11 or so episodes have been done right? So, I believe if Fox allows them all to be aired, we could get really lucky. But, if the initial amount of viewers was 4.72 million...do we really believe people who missed the pilot are going to be that eager to get into the second episode?

How do we build our numbers?

Oh, there is no doubt that I will continue to watch the show!!

I just seriously hope that the show continues to improve & that Friday is not the downfall of it before it even starts.

For some reason this does not grab me at all. Ok, as a man, I shouldn't be bothered by this, but this just seems like a show for her to show how much of a dirty little girl she is.

But it seems to have a weak plot and I don't really think I;m gonna enjoy it sa much as other Whedon shows.

It just seems to me that she is selling out and has to do a sex show to sell it. While that may work, I'm pretty disappointed in the show so far.

Whedon and Eliza are my peoples!! I love them both and that is why this show pains me so much. Oh well, I guess the show only has up to go for me.

On another point, I want one of those awesome beds!!!! They look sweet and super cool and womb-like that reminds me of the racks on the carriers in the Navy. Except super plush and comfortable. I want one now!!!!

Ditto... I'd love one of those beds! I miss my rack sometimes too. :D

And yeah, I know what you mean about the episode... it didn't resonate with me like I hoped it would. But I still will keep on watching, just to see where it goes. It's a Joss show after all, I can't NOT watch.

I think the discomfort with morality is something Joss is going for. I was wondering going in if they were going to deal with it, because if they are selling her for sex - that's the worst sort of slavery. And in the download we see that she was sexually active with the millionaire kid client - so he's confronting it head on.

The bed reminded me of the one in Help! Watch Ringo.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jz7IjXu0DfQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jz7IjXu0DfQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think the discomfort with morality is something Joss is going for. I was wondering going in if they were going to deal with it, because if they are selling her for sex - that's the worst sort of slavery. And in the download we see that she was sexually active with the millionaire kid client - so he's confronting it head on.

What, what download was that??!! I think I totally missed that!!!! Was that in the show that aired on Friday??!!

Back